Bass Lovers Dream
Jan 11, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #16 of 21
Well it's not like the they are any expensive at all, you could order both for probably less than what most here pay for one headphone or maybe pay for their amps, I didn't get any chance to try them so I simply ordered both (well actually I first ordered XB700 used it for like 2 weeks or so and then ordered XB500) as they together were still cheaper than what I paid for ATH-M50 or DT770 Pro/80.

Jan 11, 2011 at 12:29 PM Post #17 of 21
RPGWizard, from my understanding, the XB500 is a lot warmer/smoother, while the treble of the XB700 is more prominent? I ask because I'm the polar opposite of you, and I HATE warm/smooth. I quite liked the treble of the XB700, but that blanket of bass was a bit too much for quite a bit of things.

Jan 11, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #18 of 21

Quote:
RPGWizard, from my understanding, the XB500 is a lot warmer/smoother, while the treble of the XB700 is more prominent? I ask because I'm the polar opposite of you, and I HATE warm/smooth. I quite liked the treble of the XB700, but that blanket of bass was a bit too much for quite a bit of things.

Yes, in short that's the case, XB500 are extremely warm sounding but it's not to the point you start missing out on the details cuz of it and EQ also helps a lot. I've got 2 other headphones with similar sound signature, AKG K 518 DJs and Denon D1100 but I'm not very fond of those, so having the right sound signature alone isn't a garantuee it will satisfy my needs as the quality of the mids and highs and soundstage  and other aspects still vary. XB500 is a headphone that does the warm/smooth presentation correctly! :p

The XB500 packs also more punchy upper bass so it got a lot more bass impact compared to XB700 which has relatively "soft" deep bass but lots of it (an ocean of bass is a good description like some1 here usually use :p). Mids on the XB500 are more colored, they are more forward/up-front and the detail is good but you need to lower the upper bass a bit. 

Jan 11, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #19 of 21

Quote:
Quote:

Yes, in short that's the case, XB500 are extremely warm sounding but it's not to the point you start missing out on the details cuz of it and EQ also helps a lot. I've got 2 other headphones with similar sound signature, AKG K 518 DJs and Denon D1100 but I'm not very fond of those, so having the right sound signature alone isn't a garantuee it will satisfy my needs as the quality of the mids and highs and soundstage  and other aspects still vary. XB500 is a headphone that does the warm/smooth presentation correctly! :p

So does the very popular ESW9.... and I returned those ASAP. @_@

I just... can't. Sounds like pure veil to me. But yeah, different strokes for different folks.

Jan 15, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #20 of 21
How does the comfort between the XB700 and XB500 compare? I may be buying one of these sight unseen so some advice would be better than nothing at all. Unfortunately I won't get a chance to try them on.

Jan 15, 2011 at 7:35 PM Post #21 of 21
Not that much difference in comfort between XB500 and XB700 IMO as the pads are so soft, there's quite a bit difference in weight though, 185g and 295g and I kinda dislike heavy headphones though and I concider ~300g+ as heavy already so I will always go for sub 200g if possible as I wear the headphones for hrs and hrs (gaming and music listening) so I want as little neck strain as possible but XB700 felt pretty lightweight for me compared to other headphones with similar weight I've tried but XB500 again is so lightweight you quickly forget you have them on. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back