Bass IMPACT!!!!!! Thats all I ever asked for in life :(
Dec 13, 2010 at 12:08 PM Post #586 of 621
Nooooo... dont burst my just bought new headphones excitement bubble.   If they dont make the grade then i wont be too upset as I got them for £99 and could easily recoup that if sold as they go for£130-£150 retail)

Dec 13, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #588 of 621
Quote:
Nooooo... dont burst my just bought new headphones excitement bubble.   If they dont make the grade then i wont be too upset as I got them for £99 and could easily recoup that if sold as they go for£130-£150 retail)

Well my impressions were brief and not representative of a long term psychoacoustic burn-in. I hope they sound good for you!

Dec 14, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #590 of 621
ThunderPants are heavily modified DT770pro with nice wooden features..  Look like they would be awesome but a little pricey for me.

Quote:
Quote:
Do a search on these forums for something called "Thunderpants" (yes really).

What in God's name... Those are BEAUTIFUL!

Dec 14, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #591 of 621
V-Moda Crosfade LP - Rouge

First impression: build quaility and looks are top notch , I love the metalic feel, detachable braided cable and carry case, however sadly the treble seems to have been delivered to the wrong address as im still waiting for mine :frowning2:

(listening via Fiio e7 and comparison with Ultrasone HFI-780)

EDIT1: Needs volume and EQ - I guess these are aimed a high volume listeners.... more to follow.

EDIT2: These are basically Beats by Dre without the noise cancelling. I'm sure appeals to the unwashed masses but not to me. Sadly they will be on ebay shortly  :frowning2:

The V-moda LPs  feel like they have been given a high pass filter to cheaply emphasise the bass resulting in muddy chubby bass and mufffled mid treble ~(which can be saved somewhat with EQ a pain).  The Sony XB700's are far better and even cheaper.  I will save final judgement when I can test them from my Matrix M-stage Amp... but putting lipstick on a pig and all that. They are an average sounding headphone that looks and feels great but not worth the effort IMO. Why can't companys just release a good looking and good sounding headphone.

(listening via Xonar DX and matrix M-Stage)

EDIT3: They improve a little with amping but not much..  however do benfit more from EQ via my xonar DX rather than E7 DAC and itunes EQ (duh i suppose), someone with better patients and ears than mine could probably iron out the kinks and get the right ballance because I think it is possible. The crossfades seem like they has all the right parts and potential just badly implemented which is a shame.

A/B/C'ing the V-moda / XB700 / HD650 :  its an easy call even with bass oriented songs like - BEP imma be, Dead prez hip-hop...  I prefer the xb700 and HD650 the latter may be obvious but again the sonys punch above thier weight and are half the price of the standard cost for v-modas.

To be fair i'll let them burn a little who knows maybe they will tighen up :D  

Dec 14, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #592 of 621

Quote:
ThunderPants are heavily modified DT770pro with nice wooden features..  Look like they would be awesome but a little pricey for me.

Quote:
Quote:
Do a search on these forums for something called "Thunderpants" (yes really).

What in God's name... Those are BEAUTIFUL!

Actually, Thunderpants are woodied and damped Fostex T50RP's. What you are referring to is a Darth Beyer :)

Dec 14, 2010 at 6:47 AM Post #593 of 621
Dec 14, 2010 at 7:56 AM Post #594 of 621
I have some damped T50RPs and they can really thump from my receiver, but not as much from a DAP. They need power. The sound is amazing, however. The details and imaging are stupendous. All this for $75!

Note: they are semi-open.

Dec 14, 2010 at 9:28 AM Post #595 of 621
Denon d7000 bass better than the hd650?

Dec 14, 2010 at 12:43 PM Post #596 of 621
@BlutoSlice

Thanks for the review. If you were reviewing the V-Moda Crossfades, you just saved me some money. Sad to know though, how poor the sound quality is :mad:

Dec 14, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #597 of 621

Quote:
Denon d7000 bass better than the hd650?

Yes, the D7000 has better bass than the HD650 as it is twice the price and closed. Closed headphones usually have more  and oftentimes better bass. Open headphones are usually more accurate, and some like the HD650 do have bass. However, the D7000 has a lot more bass and if you like bass I would go for them. You can even mod them to sound how you like, like Lawton Audio does. www.lawtonaudio.com

There are many other good headphones with great bass as well.

Dec 14, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #598 of 621

Quote:
@BlutoSlice

Thanks for the review. If you were reviewing the V-Moda Crossfades, you just saved me some money. Sad to know though, how poor the sound quality is
mad.gif

NP problem I was dazzled by the purdy looks.. its not a bad headphone just seems like its there to compete with Dre's not good headphones, ive added a few more thoughts in my earlier post.

Dec 14, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #599 of 621
I didn't see that you were comparing them to the XB700s either. I have the XB500 and the bass is awesome. Actually, I ordered a pair of XB700 that should be getting dropped off tomorrow :D

Jan 13, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #600 of 621
Sony's coming out with a new model in the XB series, the XB1000.  They've got insanely large 70mm drivers.  I think I'll be buying a pair when they hit the street.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back