Bass heavy open headphones?
Nov 21, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #16 of 26

Quote:
Bumping this thread :D I am very close to buying the fa-011 are they more detailed/bassy than the higher end beyerdynamic's? Like the dt990,dt880, And dt770?

They are a tad less bassy than the DT990's, but more bassy than the DT880's. They have plenty of detail and good mids though. The FA-011 sounds like a more natural warm headphone than the DT990 to me.

Very best,

Nov 21, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #17 of 26

Quote:
They are a tad less bassy than the DT990's, but more bassy than the DT880's. They have plenty of detail and good mids though. The FA-011 sounds like a more natural warm headphone than the DT990 to me.

Very best,

So the what would you recommend? the DT990 or FA-011? I have the TF10's and I am looking for a full size can upgrade with the similar sound signature. 

Nov 21, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #18 of 26

Quote:
So the what would you recommend? the DT990 or FA-011? I have the TF10's and I am looking for a full size can upgrade with the similar sound signature. 

I suggest the FA-011's, they're similar to the DT990, but have smoother treble, less recessed sounding mids, less bass leaking into mids, and just have this warm, lush, organic sound to them for quite a bit less cost. They're well built, woodback, have a nice victorianesque look to them, are comfortable and not hard to drive. Great value for a headphone. Anyone in the market for $300 or below headphones, the FA-011 competes with the mid-tier even though it's cost doesn't reflect it. The DT990 is more bassy, and the treble is more bright--it's still a great headphone, very comfortable, good sound stage, but it just depends on what you want. If you want the feel of more pulsing energy, the DT990 would do it, if you want a relaxed smooth headphone, the FA-011 is it.

Very best,

Nov 21, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #19 of 26

Quote:

I suggest the FA-011's, they're similar to the DT990, but have smoother treble, less recessed sounding mids, less bass leaking into mids, and just have this warm, lush, organic sound to them for quite a bit less cost. They're well built, woodback, have a nice victorianesque look to them, are comfortable and not hard to drive. Great value for a headphone. Anyone in the market for $300 or below headphones, the FA-011 competes with the mid-tier even though it's cost doesn't reflect it. The DT990 is more bassy, and the treble is more bright--it's still a great headphone, very comfortable, good sound stage, but it just depends on what you want. If you want the feel of more pulsing energy, the DT990 would do it, if you want a relaxed smooth headphone, the FA-011 is it.

Very best,

Thanks alot I just read a bit about the DT990 models and I think that the FA-011 might be my choice! :D they are EXTREMELY beautiful!

Nov 21, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #22 of 26

Quote:

:/ hmmmmm seems like those are the only headphones you have? 
biggrin.gif

Dec 11, 2011 at 11:07 PM Post #24 of 26
Any more opinions? I would very much like a Pro 2900 vs DT990 comparison. Which has better bass? Which has MORE bass? Best sound overall? Thanks!

Dec 11, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #25 of 26
I remember having this very discussion a whileback. I was looking for an alternative to the DT990s, and was close to getting the Pro 2900, bt at the time, no one really had them. I ended up with the HE4, which I felt was the best open headphone I had ever heard with plenty of bass, though less than the 990s.

Once again I was in the market for an open, bassy can, and just recently ordered the DT990 Pro. The FA-011 sounds ideal, but people have issue with its comfort, and with actually getting them, since its taken some people months to get a pair they ordered.

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:36 PM Post #26 of 26
I gunna bump this thread lets keep this discussion going! 
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back