Bass-Basshead Headphones with detail, ear massage, midbass/subbass?
Jan 26, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #47 of 107
Since nobody else has said this, if the only headphone that came close to satisfying your bass wants was the K181, the DT770 probably won't be bassy enough for you. I haven't heard anything that slams as hard as the K181 in club mode. The DT770 slams pretty hard, but not as much. But a ZO would probably give you enough bass with them. Oh. K181+ZO=More bass than I'd ever want.

Hearing you say that about the 181s actually makes me happy. I want something greater than the 181. Or equal in bass but with a higher quality sound overall. 181s aren't very popular but they have grown on me since using over 4 years ago.

Jan 26, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #48 of 107
You've returned how much money worth of headphones?

Amazon is really making a killing on you. 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 26, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #49 of 107
Quote:
I want something greater than the 181. Or equal in bass but with a higher quality sound overall. 

In club mode, that doesn't exist as far as I am aware (and I'm not very aware; I've been out of the bassy headphone game for a while). Not even the exorbitantly expensive JVC DX1000 has more bass (but it renders a bass boosted sound gloriously). I haven't heard some of the newer stuff though. 

Jan 27, 2013 at 12:05 AM Post #50 of 107
I'm not sure if you've tried amplifying your headphones yet, but this will increase the kick and slam of your headphones by a lot. Try buying one of the headphones suggested and then get a decent amplifier to pair with it. Some headphones really benefit from the added voltage/current.

Jan 27, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #52 of 107
someone might point me out on this but has nobodey recommend getting a heaphone specifly design for mixing and matching such as the ponnier hdj 2000 and then get just another basshead headphone on the side like the q40 or the m100?

Jan 27, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #53 of 107
I've got a few headphones for both mixing and matching, just am looking for "the one". I'm appreciating all the recommended models you guys are throwing out there. At this point looking at a few choices:

Vmoda Lp2
Audio technica Pro Mk2
Maudio q40
Sennheiser 419
Nuforce hp800
Vmoda M100

Jan 27, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #55 of 107
Quote:
someone might point me out on this but has nobodey recommend getting a heaphone specifly design for mixing and matching such as the ponnier hdj 2000 and then get just another basshead headphone on the side like the q40 or the m100?

I believe you can have a different input source running at the same time in each cup with the M-100's dual input jacks.

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #59 of 107
if they didnt impress you you need to perhaps stick to the old sony X series stuff. nothing higher end. Unfortunately with few exceptions it only gets less bassy from Beyer pricing upward, and most of those exceptions are already mentioned here and seemed to not impress you.

Jan 28, 2013 at 2:49 AM Post #60 of 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I buy cheaper and end up selling a little more than what I bought for to another interested buyer, everyone wins. Plus, I treat my equipment very well. Cute thought though kid.

Is it even possible to buy cheap and sell for more that many times with all the models you listed in your first post alone- not to mention the whole thread? How does postage factor? 
Also how do you know BababooeyHTJ is a kid? I dont mean to offend you here but this post seems a bit odd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back