Bass-Basshead Headphones with detail, ear massage, midbass/subbass?
Jan 25, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #31 of 107
Quote:
Considering your involvement in the forums and headphone history, I'm interested in what you are interested in.

I appreciate the kind words.  Some of my worst headphone purchases were based on reviews where I didn't hear the headphone first because we all hear differently.  If you can't try the headphone you want before buying because they aren't available in-store, you will want to know before ordering that the retailer accepts returns on headphones, preferably without a restocking fee.  They may charge shipping both ways, but it is better than being stuck with a pair you need to sell.  I would like to ultimately purchase the Ultrasone Signature DJ, but returns are not typically accepted on those and I have no way to audition them in person at present, so I am holding off.

Jan 26, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #32 of 107
The sigdj is very good! But not worth the ticket price. $400 and I'd own them. That being said I have no worries spending well over $1000 on headphones when they are worth it, and when I can afford it. I have a full review here somewhere of the sig lines and lcd2. For the OPs' specified purposes I would still suggest the DT770 and DT990. K267 was a let down too, otherwise I'd recommend it.

Jan 26, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #35 of 107
I don't think there's as much difference as some say. there is certainly minor difference. Try all of them side to side. I went with the 250 in the end but for no significant reason. It was in stock, fault free, had a curly cord, and isn't too hard to drive. I also like the 80, which is the only DT 770 with some design difference other than impedance. Again the baffling difference is minor but it does translate in bass. Some prefer it, some don't. I liked it, but I've never done a 80/250 side by side comparison. When I bought the 250, I liked it a lot and couldn't see a good enough reason not to buy it.

I would try both. But if open is an option the 990 is also a great great headphone, I went 770 because I use them in the street a lot.

Jan 26, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #36 of 107
I don't think there's as much difference as some say. there is certainly minor difference. Try all of them side to side. I went with the 250 in the end but for no significant reason. It was in stock, fault free, had a curly cord, and isn't too hard to drive. I also like the 80, which is the only DT 770 with some design difference other than impedance. Again the baffling difference is minor but it does translate in bass. Some prefer it, some don't. I liked it, but I've never done a 80/250 side by side comparison. When I bought the 250, I liked it a lot and couldn't see a good enough reason not to buy it.

I would try both. But if open is an option the 990 is also a great great headphone, I went 770 because I use them in the street a lot.

Thanks for the words!

Jan 26, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #37 of 107
Pro700 MKII

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #39 of 107
Lol yea I was a bit scared reading that one comment... makes me wonder how deaf some people are already at a young age. Personally I like listening to mid-low volume levels but I'm a basshead so I need big bass at low volume levels why I need that extra bass, the mids & highs aren't loud at the volume levels I listen, the bass is probably on the mid, slightly high level though. 

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #40 of 107
Quote:
Lol yea I was a bit scared reading that one comment... makes me wonder how deaf some people are already at a young age. Personally I like listening to mid-low volume levels but I'm a basshead so I need big bass at low volume levels why I need that extra bass, the mids & highs aren't loud at the volume levels I listen, the bass is probably on the mid, slightly high level though. 

I'm finding my hearing feels funny after listening with the M-100's for a bit. I notice a dullness in the sound around me at work and such, but later on it goes. I don't listen to music loud at all really. Just as much as I did with my older open headphones and I never had an issue then.
I think it could be the closed nature of the headphones that are somehow tricking my ears into closing up to protect themselves? I don't know. I just know I don't listen to my music particularly loud at all.
I notice it more in my left ear than my right. My left starts to feel funny after about an hour of listening

Jan 26, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #41 of 107
Quote:
I'm finding my hearing feels funny after listening with the M-100's for a bit. I notice a dullness in the sound around me at work and such, but later on it goes. I don't listen to music loud at all really. Just as much as I did with my older open headphones and I never had an issue then.
I think it could be the closed nature of the headphones that are somehow tricking my ears into closing up to protect themselves? I don't know. I just know I don't listen to my music particularly loud at all.
I notice it more in my left ear than my right. My left starts to feel funny after about an hour of listening

My comment wasn't targeted at you though but whoever said the M100 neither went loud or bassy enough... M100 goes loud enough even from a potato to damage your hearing. :p

Jan 26, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #44 of 107
Since nobody else has said this, if the only headphone that came close to satisfying your bass wants was the K181, the DT770 probably won't be bassy enough for you. I haven't heard anything that slams as hard as the K181 in club mode. The DT770 slams pretty hard, but not as much. But a ZO would probably give you enough bass with them. Oh. K181+ZO=More bass than I'd ever want.

Jan 26, 2013 at 10:11 PM Post #45 of 107
I don't know if this has been said yet, but headphones with as much bass as you want don't exist. I've tried, you just have to buy a pair of headphones that are considered bassy and over time you will grow accustomed to it. headphones aren't going to make a ton of bass (I'm coming from car audio, 12" subs turned all the way up is the kind of bass i was looking for, you simply won't find it. When iI first got my xb500s iI thought there was something wrong with them because I didn't think they had a lot of bass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back