Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Jan 23, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #2,207 of 2,875
The H6 should not require amplification to sound good. (Or at least, my iPhone 5s has no problem driving it.)
The version 1 is harder to drive than version 2. I have the V2 and also use iPhone 5S. I have tried it with my dragonfly black, but it’s not really necessary, it’s plenty loud from the phone directly, and has lots of detail.

Jan 23, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #2,208 of 2,875
Just looked for the H6s on beoplay’s official website (German version) and they’re gone completely ... vanished from the product selection... has anyone heard anything?
So no one shares my concern? I want to get into the H6 game but they’re gone from the website ... prices in other shops went up as well...
I fear B&O let’s them die out... let’s hope this isn’t happening.
Just wrote customer service... and will wait for a reply.

Jan 23, 2018 at 5:42 PM Post #2,209 of 2,875
So no one shares my concern? I want to get into the H6 game but they’re gone from the website ... prices in other shops went up as well...
I fear B&O let’s them die out... let’s hope this isn’t happening.
Just wrote customer service... and will wait for a reply.

I thought you already had one? If they are being discontinued maybe they are making something even better? More padding on the headband would be nice. Anyway, let us know what they say when they reply.

Jan 23, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #2,210 of 2,875
I thought you already had one? If they are being discontinued maybe they are making something even better? More padding on the headband would be nice. Anyway, let us know what they say when they reply.
I had one. But then changed to a life of constant movement and found portable in-ears nicer for travel... I mostly used E4 for traveling and gave my H6 to my girlfriend when it was basically still brand new. It was a good decision at that point of time, she absolutely loves the H6 (she is a musician in classical music and orchestra player) and I was content with what I had. I always had it in the back of my head to get the H6 gen2 in black ... now when the time has come I was shocked when I saw the prices went up 80€ and more and it’s gone from the official website ...
I’ll post their response here.

Jan 24, 2018 at 7:49 AM Post #2,212 of 2,875
Thanks for the tipp, but I'm so careful with my gear, I don't like buying used. Some things yes, but not in the case of a H6 :p

Well B&O replied to me and this is what I got:

Vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage beim B&O PLAY Support.
Bedauerlicherweise bieten wir den H6 aktuell nicht mehr an. Es könnte aber durchaus sein, dass dieser wieder zur Verfügung stehen wird. Wir würden Ihnen in diesem Falle empfehlen, unseren Newsletter zu abonnieren.
Für weitere Unterstützung stehen wir Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
David G
B&O PLAY Support

In english it means that he regrets to inform me they are not offering the H6 anymore.
Maybe they might offer it again in the future, but nobody knows.

Pretty dissatisfying answer to me :p
With their focus on wireless I guess it's no use waiting for something new that replaces the great H6 sound so guess I gonna buy one now.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #2,213 of 2,875
I've checked their web shop offer after your info about lack of H6 and I can confirm that they were removed from en and pl shop versions.
What I've also noticed is that overwhelming majority of headphones offered by B&O is now wireless - with just one or two excemptions.

Well, unless H6 is going to be replaced by some better, wired model, it is indeed sad news.

Our headphones soon will be collectors items :wink:

Jan 24, 2018 at 1:55 PM Post #2,216 of 2,875
Jan 25, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #2,218 of 2,875
I own the V1, is it worth picking up a V2 if I can get a set at about USD220?
yes, I started with the V2 H6's but was curious so i went to try the V1's and i found from my experience and selection of music that i had on hand, the the V2's had a little more bass. and headroom when it came to treble. i found the mids to be the same, clean. if you want a bit more bass and a tiny bit more clarity in the high's in a more efficient package. i'd get the V2's if not, the V1's are still good.
I used a DAP to push these, FiiO X5 Gen 3. (not a mobile phone)

Feb 3, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #2,219 of 2,875
I swore off the H6 for comfort but found it was because of the used pads that were on the used pair I bought. I was able to try a new pair and they are much more comfortable for some reason. So I was missing the incredible sound and now that the comfort issue was resolved I was missing the sound quality of these amazing headphones.

I ordered a new set of H6 2nd gen on Amazon and they price matched them to $198.00. The package came damaged and open. I called and complained and asked for a credit. I went through about four or five pairs from their Amazon warehouse that were labeled like new but were more like acceptable condition.

So with my history of issues with Amazon I asked that they give me a big credit. I said since I’ve gone through about 5 pairs, all with damage or misrepresentation I said feel free to comp this pair if you can, thinking they would say no.

The gal gave me an initial $100 credit. An hour later the additional $98 showed up on my Amazon account. So I got these for free basically.

I share this to say if you have issues from Amazon it doesn’t hurt to ask for a credit. I wasn’t expecting them to comp them and was more than happy, shocked with the $100 credit, let alone the full 200.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #2,220 of 2,875
Hi All,

Picked up a pair of black H6 refurbished on a Groupon. Super happy with them, except one thing: I use an iPhone 7+ with a lightning connector.

Searching google and Amazon for a 3.5mm to Lightning cord WITH a microphone (don't care so much about the volume etc controls, but I do take calls through the headphones) it seems there are some that I can find, and I am curious if anyone has opinions before I buy.

I am currently using the Apple 3.5mm to Lightning adaptor, and it works fine, but I'd rather have one cord than two.

So here's what I can find:

Scosche has one (currently $27 on Amazon), only 2.9 stars: https://www.amazon.com/StrikeLine-Certified-Lightning-Microphone-Controls/dp/B01LWK36EW

Wero has one (currently $39 on Amazon) with no ratings or reviews: https://www.amazon.com/WERO-Lightni...rd_wg=qHWqu&psc=1&refRID=6X6C5R3Q60RSA8NAK9CZ

Newfantasia has one for $19 on Amazon, unrated, https://www.amazon.com/NewFantasia-...&sr=8-1&keywords=newfantasia+3.5+to+lightning

and Neomusica has one for $20, with 3.4 stars: https://www.amazon.com/NEOMUSICIA-r...sr=1-1&keywords=neomusicia+lightning+to+3.5mm

I'd be happy to spend more than any of these on a high quality cable. Doesn't B&O deal with the Apple Lightning issue?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back