Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Jan 16, 2018 at 10:47 PM Post #2,176 of 2,875
I have a question. I’m new to wires with this set. The last few years I’ve been wireless. There was always talk with Bluetooth about SBC and AAC on iOS devices and other codecs, and certain codecs were supported by certain Bluetooth headphones. Is that the same with wired?

No, codecs are not a factor here. Whatever you plug the H6's cable into is outputting good old analog audio.

With wireless headphones, you've basically got a dac/amp built into the headphones, and your source is sending a digital signal to the phones, which then have to decode it. Since you've said you're not currently looking at external dacs for your phone, there's no equivalent problem to worry about.

Jan 17, 2018 at 12:20 AM Post #2,177 of 2,875
No, codecs are not a factor here. Whatever you plug the H6's cable into is outputting good old analog audio.

With wireless headphones, you've basically got a dac/amp built into the headphones, and your source is sending a digital signal to the phones, which then have to decode it. Since you've said you're not currently looking at external dacs for your phone, there's no equivalent problem to worry about.
Thanks. I’m sure eventually I may look into it but I’m quite pleased with the sound upgrade these give me over what I’ve been using.

Jan 17, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #2,182 of 2,875
Jan 17, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #2,183 of 2,875
I did not think they had anymore. I do not need them but was curious about them. If you want them you better hurry now that you have posted the link here:) You don't know how many people might be reading this!

They would not look right on my natural color H6 but if I had black ones I would seriously think about it...

I do have the black ones. However, did anyone here actually say that the Rapha pads were any better comfort-wise? don't really want to be wasting money if they are hardly any different...

Jan 17, 2018 at 11:49 AM Post #2,184 of 2,875
I do have the black ones. However, did anyone here actually say that the Rapha pads were any better comfort-wise? don't really want to be wasting money if they are hardly any different...

If you search within the thread I know these were discussed at some point (I have read the whole thread). There is even a picture of them on someones H6... and its not the black H6:)

I do remember he said they were cooler... he lives in a hot climate.

Personally I have no problem with the comfort of the stock pads.. very very comfortable and they
cover my whole ear.

edited to add... I found some discussion and the photos on p116 but there are more posts... just type Rapha pads in the search thread box

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #2,185 of 2,875

I have a pair and I find them more comfortable. They're more breathable (although if you're sweating they'll still get sweaty, of course), and a bit larger which makes it easier to tuck the tops of my ears inside them, which is the most comfortable position for me to wear the H6. They also sound a little bit different. (Slightly more open soundstage?)

Jan 17, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #2,186 of 2,875
I did not think they had anymore. I do not need them but was curious about them. If you want them you better hurry now that you have posted the link here:) You don't know how many people might be reading this!

They would not look right on my natural color H6 but if I had black ones I would seriously think about it...
Link says they’re unavailable.

Jan 17, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #2,187 of 2,875
Link says they’re unavailable.

It let me put one in my basket and added £5 shipping. I removed it because I am not getting it. Maybe you have to be in the UK?

Jan 18, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #2,190 of 2,875
Meze 99 Classic get really close in terms of SQ. When I had an occasion to compare them directely, H6 were better, but I had to listen really carefully to nuances.

They also have nice build quality but the golden trim may not be everyones cup of tea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back