Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Jul 10, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #1,817 of 2,875
Amazon Prime day has already begun in the UK and continues through tomorrow the 11th. Right now among the first deals are the Beoplay H6s in black or natural for £135. Deal ends at midnight UK time...just over 5 hours from now. These are new.

I paid £239 a few months ago in the autumn. I love the look of my natural color ones...picture a few posts back but I won't wear them on hot sweaty days because I have seen photos of what sweat stained light color pads look like.

If you have been thinking about these tonight is the night here in the UK! Wonder what other deals are planned for after midnight...

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #1,818 of 2,875
The Amazon Prime Day deal that I mentioned earlier, the B6s for £135, did not end at midnight. Looks like it will continue all day today the 11th.

Editing to say that the deal seems to be over now. Maybe they sold all of the ones that were for the special price. Still are other vendors selling at around £180.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2017 at 11:11 AM Post #1,819 of 2,875
I took advantage of Amazon Prime day and got the H6 2nd gen black. Gave it a good 4 hrs listen yesterday and 2 hrs today. It is going back to Amazon.
It is not defective at all, just much less satisfactory then expected. Compared with Oppo PM3, Audio Technica MSR7 and M50x, PSB M4U2, Shure 840 as far as closed, around-ear goes. It did not add much to what I have already and the PM3 remains king.
The closest rival would be the AT MSR7, same emphasis on mids and highs, leaner sound and reduced sound stage. Certainly lighter than the AT. I also noticed some distortion on loud volumes keeping the same EQ settings used to compare them all. Overall my pick between the 2 is the MSR7.
You must be into a lean sound to like those. They do not lack bass, however perhaps they are somewhat lacking mid bass as the sound did not come across as thick, enveloping enough for my taste.

Jul 12, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #1,820 of 2,875
I can understand where you are coming from. I love mine but I also have other choices. If I had to choose between my Beoplays and my Meze 99 Neos, the Mezes would win if I could only have one of them.

I do not EQ any of my headphones. They each have their place and I enjoy different sound signatures. I do have too many though..

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #1,821 of 2,875
Has anyone found a solution to modding the earpads/changing the earpads? I've got some other pads that look like they'll fit and would like to swap them.

The plastic circular clips look like they come apart somehow but I'm not brave enough to try and pry them open.

Could someone point me in the direction of a person/ website where the H6 has been modded?

PS sorry if this question has been asked before

Jul 12, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #1,822 of 2,875
I took advantage of Amazon Prime day and got the H6 2nd gen black. Gave it a good 4 hrs listen yesterday and 2 hrs today. It is going back to Amazon.
It is not defective at all, just much less satisfactory then expected. Compared with Oppo PM3, Audio Technica MSR7 and M50x, PSB M4U2, Shure 840 as far as closed, around-ear goes. It did not add much to what I have already and the PM3 remains king.
The closest rival would be the AT MSR7, same emphasis on mids and highs, leaner sound and reduced sound stage. Certainly lighter than the AT. I also noticed some distortion on loud volumes keeping the same EQ settings used to compare them all. Overall my pick between the 2 is the MSR7.
You must be into a lean sound to like those. They do not lack bass, however perhaps they are somewhat lacking mid bass as the sound did not come across as thick, enveloping enough for my taste.

Ah yes. The law of diminishing returns. Given you like the PM-3 out of the bunch, I understand where you are coming from. I find the H6 to be the sweet spot in portable closed backs. It has possibly the best soundstage I've heard in a closed back, and a sweet EQ balance that's slightly V shaped. The PM-3 would be king for me too, if it weren't for the treble drop off. I love the balance between the lows and mids. Solid texture and resolution. MSR7's were too forward in the mids and treble for me. Too analytical and taxing. I need to try the Mese 99's.

Jul 16, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #1,824 of 2,875
I sold the v2 and repurchased the v1 now. For only 160 bucks. To my ears the v1 just has more realistic vocals. I never found them to be lacking bass anyway.
I agree about the bass on v1. I don't understand how people can say the bass is lacking, it's not. I haven't listened to the v2 in comparison, but the v1 is excellent.

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:32 PM Post #1,826 of 2,875
My first impression of the H6, in a word.. shy. That's not necessarily a bad thing though. This afternoon I auditioned them at the Apple Store. Whoever listened to them before me put the EQ setting on Spoken Word. (Don't you hate that.. LOL) I disconnected the iPod Touch and connected my iPod Classic. The song I auditioned was "Wait for the Summer" by Shake Some Action! I thought for sure the H6 would either sound too bright and/or too thin. That wasn't the case however. The H6 reminded me of a hybrid between the AKG 701 (soundstage and bass quantity) and the Sennheiser HD 600 (detail).

At home I did a quick A/B with the H6 and the KEF M500. The KEF M500 sounded very bland almost entirely lacking treble. When I switched back to the H6, the M500 made the H6 sound thin and distant. I wasn't expecting the sound signature between the H6 and the M500 to be so different. During the last two hours of listening to a random mix of Indie Rock and Electronica on an iMac >> HeadRoom Ultra Desktop Amp, the sound signature of the H6 has grown on me big time. Two thumbs way up!!
Indie rock and Electro can not meet the sweet point of H6.
What can did you take, gen1 or gen2 :)

Jul 19, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #1,827 of 2,875
20176b529a44-b23d-4912-b0fb-a42860727178.jpg

201770b90079-3454-437b-8325-b6056c841882.jpg

Just get gen2 can to day.
It sound like gen1 but drier, more treble and bass.
I can conclude rapha version(right one) is not gen 2(more warm and smooth) than both gen1 and gen2.
:)

Jul 19, 2017 at 1:48 PM Post #1,828 of 2,875
I felt the h6 gen 1 far from mdr1a. Mdr1a to my ears sounds closer to the momentum 2s imo

I was talking about gen 2. I haven't heard gen 1.

Jul 19, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #1,829 of 2,875

Users who are viewing this thread

Back