Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Dec 29, 2016 at 5:13 PM Post #1,460 of 2,875
H7 should be the same size as H6 .. I need to find "some pads" and do the mode. they will probably look like crap, but I see no solution. they are made for small ears .. and no replacement even offered for these I believe

Dec 29, 2016 at 5:25 PM Post #1,461 of 2,875
  H7 should be the same size as H6 .. I need to find "some pads" and do the mode. they will probably look like crap, but I see no solution. they are made for small ears .. and no replacement even offered for these I believe

Maybe Grado earpads might work? I also find the grados to be a bit small, but maybe there is a larger option that's less expensive than the H6 pads?

Dec 29, 2016 at 5:35 PM Post #1,463 of 2,875
Maybe Grado earpads might work? I also find the grados to be a bit small, but maybe there is a larger option that's less expensive than the H6 pads?

The only issue is that the ear pads come glued to the plastic ring, so either way you would have to find ear pads with the same ring attached or just cut the pads out and test other ear pads with the ring.

Dec 29, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #1,465 of 2,875
Yes, and not only that. Is there any kind of replacement pads for H6? If I could only get something bit bigger, and mod it
I tried squeezing it to the older shape and noticed that change in shape actually had a change in sound. Anyway I managed to make it to the original shape and they sound like the newer pair. So there is a solution for it, but nothing for the headband. I don't expect the Orginal ear pads to be cheap. Also, a replacement not from b and o would definitely lack styling / craftsmanship / performance(possibly).

Dec 29, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #1,466 of 2,875
I tried squeezing it to the older shape and noticed that change in shape actually had a change in sound. Anyway I managed to make it to the original shape and they sound like the newer pair. So there is a solution for it, but nothing for the headband. I don't expect the Orginal ear pads to be cheap. Also, a replacement not from b and o would definitely lack styling / craftsmanship / performance(possibly).

Comfort almost always demands a sacrifice. lol

Dec 30, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #1,467 of 2,875

They are not the same pads.  The H7 pads are quite a bit deeper, which makes them way more comfortable compared to the H6 pads for my ears.

Dec 31, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #1,468 of 2,875

The H7 pads are quite a bit deeper

Oh yea, thanks, do you know if the plastic inner circle is the same size/clipping mechanism? If so, I am looking for them to try out.
And to be sure: we are talking about H6 v2 right? though I think v1 and v2 share pads sizes. Would be nice to get a hand on all 3, I'd figure things out in 5 minutes :)

Dec 31, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #1,469 of 2,875
  Oh yea, thanks, do you know if the plastic inner circle is the same size/clipping mechanism? If so, I am looking for them to try out.
And to be sure: we are talking about H6 v2 right? though I think v1 and v2 share pads sizes. Would be nice to get a hand on all 3, I'd figure things out in 5 minutes :)

The fit is exactly the same on V1 and V2 of the H6.  I literally had the H6 v2 and the H7 at the same time for about a half hour.  I never measured them, but to me the size of the plastic ring that locks into place on each was identical...which would mean you can use the H7 pads on the H6 if you found either version of it to be superior.  Personally, in wired mode, the H7 was close enough to v2 that I kept the H7 because of the comfort factor and the bluetooth, even if I don't use it that often.  The depth of the pads really makes a difference.

Dec 31, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #1,470 of 2,875
The fit is exactly the same on V1 and V2 of the H6.  I literally had the H6 v2 and the H7 at the same time for about a half hour.  I never measured them, but to me the size of the plastic ring that locks into place on each was identical...which would mean you can use the H7 pads on the H6 if you found either version of it to be superior.  Personally, in wired mode, the H7 was close enough to v2 that I kept the H7 because of the comfort factor and the bluetooth, even if I don't use it that often.  The depth of the pads really makes a difference.
Now, where do we get h7 pads?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back