Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Mar 10, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #1,622 of 2,875
Does anyone know where i can find a earpad replacment
For the beoplay h6 gen2?

Unfortunately, the only known replacement ear pad for the H6 is the slightly expensive Rapha Ear Pad... though pink in the inside they are extremely comfortable and seal well.  I have two (2) sets.  The leather is heavenly and durable.

http://www.rapha.cc/ca/en/shop/rapha-b&o-h6-ear-pads/product/RBO04XXXXXXXX

Mar 10, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #1,625 of 2,875
I actually found a place in Denmark called AV-connection. I just purchase and received replacement pads for 1st Gen. It cost around $45 including shipping to the USA. The pads are high quality. They are supposed to be OEM but their color looks off. However, they are feel like the originals. They also sell H7 ($65) pads which to my untrained eye look like 2nd Gen. I have 1st and 2nd Gen and love them both!!  This is my first post so I guess I can't post pics yet. Hopefully soon :)

Hope this helps

http://www.av-connection.com

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:36 PM Post #1,626 of 2,875
Will try and contact bang & olufsen maybe they have spare parts.

I tried a number of times with no success... B&O customer service is horrendous and even nasty.  They apparently rather you just buy a new pair instead.  They drove me to buying two (2) pairs from Rapha... B&O's loss... dummies.

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #1,627 of 2,875
  I actually found a place in Denmark called AV-connection. I just purchase and received replacement pads for 1st Gen. It cost around $45 including shipping to the USA. The pads are high quality. They are supposed to be OEM but their color looks off. However, they are feel like the originals. They also sell H7 ($65) pads which to my untrained eye look like 2nd Gen. I have 1st and 2nd Gen and love them both!!  This is my first post so I guess I can't post pics yet. Hopefully soon :)

Hope this helps

http://www.av-connection.com

Interesting find there...

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #1,628 of 2,875
Wow thats expensive for 100$ buks more i can buy a new H6 gen2!
I think i will stick do what i have for now.
Thanks anyway WoodyLuvr
wink.gif

Indeed expensive but very top quality leather that handles humidity/sweat very well... I definitely think they are worth the extra spend.  Super comfortable and far more rugged than the OEM leather pads.

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:15 AM Post #1,629 of 2,875
Indeed expensive but very top quality leather that handles humidity/sweat very well... I definitely think they are worth the extra spend.  Super comfortable and far more rugged than the OEM leather pads.
But did you notice any spund change? I have 2 pairs of h6, bought almost at the same time (1 year back, second one belongs to my wife and she hardly used it)after seeing this post, i compared both (keeping the headband position at the smallest /tighest so that they must sound same). I found the unused one to be less detailedby a tiny margin. The details are there but they slightly clearer on the unused one. I swapped the pads, the results swapped. So drivers didnt change, but pads had an effect. I managed to adjust the shape physically exactly same(had changed a bit due to regular use) still the unused pads gave the same results. Then I found, the unused ones feels stiff, and the used one has become soft over time. And the sound which i loved came from the stiff pads. That is crispier, so if the rapha pads dont keep keep the stiffness its nothing special except for looks. Look wise they look premium anyway:)

Mar 11, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #1,630 of 2,875
But did you notice any spund change? I have 2 pairs of h6, bought almost at the same time (1 year back, second one belongs to my wife and she hardly used it)after seeing this post, i compared both (keeping the headband position at the smallest /tighest so that they must sound same). I found the unused one to be less detailedby a tiny margin. The details are there but they slightly clearer on the unused one. I swapped the pads, the results swapped. So drivers didnt change, but pads had an effect. I managed to adjust the shape physically exactly same(had changed a bit due to regular use) still the unused pads gave the same results. Then I found, the unused ones feels stiff, and the used one has become soft over time. And the sound which i loved came from the stiff pads. That is crispier, so if the rapha pads dont keep keep the stiffness its nothing special except for looks. Look wise they look premium anyway:)

I personally prefer the Rapha ear pads as they are more comfortable and seal better... and yes, I believe the leather is thicker and thus stiffer than the OEM ear pads.  I still like the OEM pads though for very long sessions (over ten hours... as in long flights as they are softer/gentler)

Mar 12, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #1,631 of 2,875
I thought B&O sold replacement ear pads for like $40 or something. But you had to contact customer service.

I actually asked B&O customer service about a month ago through email.

I asked: 

"Do you guys still offer ear pad replacements for this model?" 

(This model being the Gen 1 Graphite Blush).

They responded:

""I am afraid we have to inform you that we do not offer replacements in the colour Graphite Blush. The only parts available are the ear cushions "natural leather" and "black leather".""

I asked about pricing on a new pair of ear pads, and they just told me to contact a dealer. I never did though.

Mar 12, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #1,632 of 2,875
  I thought B&O sold replacement ear pads for like $40 or something. But you had to contact customer service.

I actually asked B&O customer service about a month ago through email.

I asked: 

"Do you guys still offer ear pad replacements for this model?" 

(This model being the Gen 1 Graphite Blush).

They responded:

""I am afraid we have to inform you that we do not offer replacements in the colour Graphite Blush. The only parts available are the ear cushions "natural leather" and "black leather".""

I asked about pricing on a new pair of ear pads, and they just told me to contact a dealer. I never did though.

Damn, wish I had received such a nice, helpful, and informative response like that.   I had a horrible exchange with customer support in Europe after failing to receive any response or feedback from three (3) different official dealers.

Even though I do love my H6s... I will never ever buy B&O again.  :frowning2:

Mar 12, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #1,633 of 2,875
  Damn, wish I had received such a nice, helpful, and informative response like that.   I had a horrible exchange with customer support in Europe after failing to receive any response or feedback from three (3) different official dealers.

Even though I do love my H6s... I will never ever buy B&O again.  :frowning2:

Maybe you just got a bad rep. 

At first it took them a while to respond. Then I started bugging them a lot. But I got the same rep twice.

I have to agree with you though. Their support is not very good. It's not intuitive to get help, and you get very little help from them. This was one of the most helpful answers I received in my long exchange with them, but even now I still don't know how much the replacements cost, or if you need to be under warranty to even purchase them (personally I think you should get at least 1 pair free if you are under warranty, but w/e). 
You should give it a shot again, the rep that gave me this answer is named "Helle Pramanik". However, the reps all give pretty cold responses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back