Bang & Olufsen A8
Jan 10, 2010 at 3:44 AM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still regret that I lost my pair.

I didn't leave them in your car did I?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chriscorv55 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im in the wholesale car business and I purchased a 2007 Mercedies S550 4-matic, and they were under the passanger seat. hehehe

THOSE ARE MINE!

Really though. I bet they are. I'll bet they're missing all the bits I still have, which is the box, the manual, the extension lead (non-gold), the leather pouch (which is crap) and the spare foam covers for the earpieces.

Cough.

Jan 10, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #19 of 27
Jan 10, 2010 at 2:59 PM Post #20 of 27
Btw, I still own a pair of A8's. Haven't listened to them in a few years, maybe it's time to get them out and have a listen now that I have higher end portable gear other than iPoop. I remember one time at home I plugged them into my home amplifier, and my jaw just about fell open with how they scaled up.... perhaps something similar will happen with them running out of the ALO Rx/Sony X rig.

On a side note, has anyone here ever tried the silicon sleeves from Radioshack on them? ...they are open on the front and leave the face uncovered, basically just a sleeve around the outer edge. I read that tip waaayyyyy back when, and got some from the Shack, and I really liked how it opened up the treble. I don't even know if they carry those 'bud' sleeves anymore, but it's worth a bit of investigating again.

Jan 10, 2010 at 3:31 PM Post #22 of 27
To say they've had a bad reputation here is putting it mildly. But even though mine have gone unused for a long time, I remember finding them very smooth and pleasing, but not terribly extended in either frequency extreme. I do recall liking the soundstage quite a bit, and finding them open and airy.

The build quality (of a genuine set) is really nice though, and the vertical 'hydraulic' adjustment arm is something to use and behold. Other earphone manufacturers could certainly learn something from B&O about build.

Jan 10, 2010 at 7:46 PM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
BTW, you might want to try this mod out: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/b...a8-mod-343057/

Hey COOL mod. I never saw that. I will try it
normal_smile .gif

Jun 7, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #27 of 27

Quote:
How much would these cost???

Genuine ones cost $160. Counterfeits are everywhere, only buy them from a dealer you can trust. Mine came from my audiologist. I'm being treated for tinnitus / hyperacusis and use a device called Neuromonics. The A8s are packaged with the device. They sound best if you sort of close off your ear canal with them, suddenly they have a lot more presence. I cheat and use them with my portable as well, even though I'm only supposed to use them with my tinnitus treatment.

I also have a set of Grado 325is and a set of Sennheiser IE6s. I hear every little sound my body makes when I'm wearing the Senns, so I prefer the B&Os. I almost never use the Grados now, because Grados and tinnitus do not mix well. :frowning2:

Keep the volume level reasonable. You only get one auditory cortex, and there's no real cure for tinnitus yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back