Bada PH12 vis-a-vis Meixing MC66AE and Lehmann BC
Dec 11, 2007 at 2:18 PM Post #241 of 531
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just put 3x Tung-Sol 6SN7GTB tall bottles into the Bada: clean, dynamic and balanced, IMHO. : )

Great. Stuart will try out the russians as soon as he gets them. I will try 3 w's in the bada some time. I feel the sylvania w is the best 6sn7 around. So, logically, the only way to drive them well is with a w in front as well, just like your 3 tung sol's.

The older tung sol's suppose to be even better.

Dec 19, 2007 at 8:39 AM Post #242 of 531
Good day all interested in things Bada ph12. Recently bought new version export ph12 from Cattylink, claims improved. Only differs in tubes as I could see, E/harmon 6sn7 x2 and e/harmon gold pin input. All Russian, sounds good, well better than original with Shugang tubes anyway. Does anyone know if other mods have been done by Bada given the mod suggestions made?
rolleyes.gif

Jan 12, 2008 at 5:46 AM Post #243 of 531
Quote:

Originally Posted by t/sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good day all interested in things Bada ph12. Recently bought new version export ph12 from Cattylink, claims improved. Only differs in tubes as I could see, E/harmon 6sn7 x2 and e/harmon gold pin input. All Russian, sounds good, well better than original with Shugang tubes anyway. Does anyone know if other mods have been done by Bada given the mod suggestions made?
rolleyes.gif

Guess not. They allready shipped international versions with different tubes then the chinese versions! So, i am harpressed to believe they changed anything to the amp, just switched tubes!

Stuart and i are still working on some tube combo's.

Mar 9, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #245 of 531
I am reviving this thread because I just ordered a PH-12. I am really looking forward to trying it out. I will be running it with the system shown in my sig. I think I am going to keep the tubes stock for now, and I will be going to walmart to get a cheap fan to keep things cool.

Mar 10, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #246 of 531
Technicians be ready.

Mar 10, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #247 of 531
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgonino /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am reviving this thread because I just ordered a PH-12. I am really looking forward to trying it out. I will be running it with the system shown in my sig. I think I am going to keep the tubes stock for now, and I will be going to walmart to get a cheap fan to keep things cool.

The PH-12 turns the 701s into a musical beast..

Mar 10, 2008 at 12:19 PM Post #248 of 531
Quote:

Originally Posted by jgonino /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Congratulations, jgogino! The Bada PH-12/K701 combination should not dissapoint. With a decent after-market power cord (I'm using the MAC HC) and some tube rolls, the Bada will really earn its salt! : )

Mar 11, 2008 at 12:17 PM Post #250 of 531
Quote:

Originally Posted by Headdie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all, I've been to Pacific Valve for a PH-12 and noticed the new PH-31... Any feedback regarding this one?

No one on Head-Fi, to the best of my knowledge, has reported on the new PH-31 yet. It's less expensive than the PH-12 ($399 v. $550), uses one less 6SN7, has a built-in DAC, and was made primarily to host an MP3. For my particular application, I'm quite sure the PH-12 is the better choice. Now if Bada would re-issue the PH-12 with "improved circuitry," as boasted for the PH-31, I might consider the improved/updated PH-12. : )

Mar 12, 2008 at 5:38 AM Post #251 of 531
Bad news: I ordered a new PH-12 from Pacific valve, and then to my horror realized I had drastically over-paid! I see them selling on ebay for around $485 with shipping.

I am attempting to cancel my order,and I am now looking to get an amp in the ~$1000 range.

Mar 13, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #252 of 531
Alright, I am keeping the amp, and I now want to get new tubes to replace the stock ones. Which are the best three? Also, I would like to replace the power cable. It needs to be fairly cheap, and have a right angle connector at the amp.

Mar 13, 2008 at 1:20 PM Post #253 of 531
Quote:

Originally Posted by tourmaline /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great. Stuart will try out the russians as soon as he gets them. I will try 3 w's in the bada some time. I feel the sylvania w is the best 6sn7 around. So, logically, the only way to drive them well is with a w in front as well, just like your 3 tung sol's.

The older tung sol's suppose to be even better.

Finally broke down and bought a pair of the Russian 6N8S/1578 with the metal bases and the "hole anode." Very nice! Especially with the ECC33. : )
The 6H8C Russian Analogues sound very good, too (am running a pair with a Sylvania "Bad Boy," right now).

Apr 6, 2008 at 8:51 AM Post #254 of 531
Just had a quick question about the Bada PH-12 (I'm 90% sure I'll be getting one pretty soon)...

How long is the cord for the power supply unit that comes with it?

...that is, if the Bada comes standard with a dedicated PSU. God forbid I'd have to buy one separately.

Apr 7, 2008 at 3:41 AM Post #255 of 531
Hi all tube rollers and friends of Bada ph12. After evaluating 136 different combos, I have at last found something way ahead of second best.

Brimar 1988 6SN7GTY nos matched pair brown bases and Brimar 1988 6SN7GTY nos black base. This group produces the best sound I have heard so far. The high freq's are smooth yet detailed and dynamic. The bass is dry, fast and deep without undue bloom. Soundstage huge and voices delectable amongst clear instruments.

I listen : Marantz sa11 s1/ audioqest colorado bada ph12 stock for sacd,
/ stereovox / bel canto dac 3 /bada for cd, AKG 701.
Extensive power filters and silver raincoat ref cable.

Second best combo is nos Sylvania 1940 gta 6SN7 matched pair and 1950 Sylvania 6SN7 wgt nos. I have found EH gold pins x 3 dynamic but harsh. WGTx3 good but inner detail and stage only fair.

Next step is to mod one of my Bada ph 12's using some of the suggestions from this thread, and see if there are audible sound improvements.

I have had much fun experimenting this way, at least I have worked out what I like and dislike, but to hear so many different sound signatures and variations from switching tubes, with the same basic Bada platform , demonstrate the majic of valves.

Wonder how my best sound combo would compare to the Darkvoice ref.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back