Bad experience with Grado....
Dec 20, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #16 of 115
[size=10pt]I think you guys are missing the point......I am not mad about the flaw. Any company can make a mistake. What bothers me is the way Grado treated me and will most likely treat others the same. This is a $700.00 product I bought and they treated me like I was complaining about $6.00 ice scraper. They lied to me and when I called them on it basically told me to go %$#@ myself.[/size]

Dec 20, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #17 of 115
i agree with OP. i recently had my sr80 serviced and i remember them being very rude about it. great headphones, but bad customer service. i've read some good feedback about them, don't know why they are starting to act this way.

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #18 of 115
Better Business Bureau. If nothing else, maybe it will get their attention. Call Grado first and let them know you are filing a complaint with the BBB...see if they change their tune at all.

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #19 of 115

Quote:
i agree with OP. i recently had my sr80 serviced and i remember them being very rude about it. great headphones, but bad customer service. i've read some good feedback about them, don't know why they are starting to act this way.

can you guys confirm if it is the same customer rep you are talking to? 

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #20 of 115

Quote:
Better Business Bureau. If nothing else, maybe it will get their attention. Call Grado first and let them know you are filing a complaint with the BBB...see if they change their tune at all.

Oh, good idea.  That will definitely get their attention.

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #21 of 115
They should make that right...if they don't....I would personally take action against them.

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #22 of 115

Quote:
this doesn't just apply in the land of oz right? with gumdrops and unicorns prancing around causing mayhem on the highways

You realise that 'Oz' is an actual country, dont you ? OK, its not the official name, but I was under the misunderstanding that most people knew where it was, and that the bunyips ate the unicorns long before we arrived here in 1770 or thereabouts. What are they teaching you kids in geography these days ?

'Mythical' bunyips :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunyip

Its all mythical until you feel the tent start to lift off the ground.

Dec 20, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #23 of 115

Quote:
Quote:
this doesn't just apply in the land of oz right? with gumdrops and unicorns prancing around causing mayhem on the highways

You realise that 'Oz' is an actual country, dont you ? OK, its not the official name, but I was under the misunderstanding that most people knew where it was, and that the bunyips ate the unicorns long before we arrived here in 1770 or thereabouts. What are they teaching you kids in geography these days ?

'Mythical' bunyips :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bunyip

Its all mythical until you feel the tent start to lift off the ground.

LOL, I figured you were an aussy

Dec 21, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #25 of 115

Quote:
[size=10pt]I think you guys are missing the point......I am not mad about the flaw. Any company can make a mistake. What bothers me is the way Grado treated me and will most likely treat others the same. This is a $700.00 product I bought and they treated me like I was complaining about $6.00 ice scraper. They lied to me and when I called them on it basically told me to go %$#@ myself.[/size]

After reading through the thread I think you manufactured some of your own misery. I dont get why you did an end around on Audio Advisor and went straight to Grado. Sounds like what you should have done is send the product back to the blokes that sold it to you and exchanged them for a more satisfactory pair. As far as how you were treated by Grado it sounds like they could have handled the situation better and unfortunately some people are not very adept at dealing with angry and frustrated consumers. What I would do is get in contact with audio adviser explain your dissatisfaction with the product, what you have already done, and see what they can do to make it right.

Dec 21, 2010 at 1:37 AM Post #26 of 115
The BBB is a load of crap.  You pay you get A+ rating, you no pay you get a D.  They can't do crap for you.  It's a waste of time to contact the BBB.

Dec 21, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #27 of 115
I totally empathize with the op.  After my ordeal with grado I swear I'll never touch another grado.  I send my grado back to them three times and three times I received a blown driver back from them.  I even talked to the owner.  Nothing helps.  This is just their cooperate culture and attitude.  They don't care about customer service.  Company like that all you can do is to avoid them.

Dec 21, 2010 at 8:34 AM Post #29 of 115

Maybe, maybe not. It's one of those things that can't hurt to try. Some businesses take the BBB seriously, some could care less. I also emailed them to draw attention to how their customer service is not doing much to help their reputation.
Quote:
The BBB is a load of crap.  You pay you get A+ rating, you no pay you get a D.  They can't do crap for you.  It's a waste of time to contact the BBB.

Dec 21, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #30 of 115
[size=10pt]It is very disheartening to think that If I need service from Grado in the future that it does not exist. So I guess I will be putting these headphones up for sale on eBay, of course disclosing the wood defect and probably taking a $200.00 hit as well. This company has now lost a customer and any future recommendations from me to anyone else for that matter.[/size]
[size=10pt]I guess Sennheiser now has my business.....[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back