Baby STAX SR-001 MK2 Impressions Thread
May 16, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #61 of 113

Quote:

maybe it sounds stupid but i have a question 
is baby stax really sensitive for humidity or other weather conditions as mentioned in manual ? i am asking because i will go to a city for 6-7 days whose weather condition is like this 

72 °F
Barometer:29.83 in and steady
Humidity:88 %
Dewpoint:66 °F
.etc
is it safe to go this place with baby stax or keep away?
i really need a quick answer as i will go there soon
.thx

I live in a relatively hot and humid place. For example, last two days our temperature was 91 F (indoor was 86 F for a few hours), thunderstorm; mine has been working fine.
I read the manual, recommended environment; 5 C - 35 C, 20% - 70% relative humidity (no icing condition). It seems to be common suggested condition for electronics, nothing too special.
However, you probably don't want to wear it when your hair is wet; it has standard bias voltage 580V /DC. 580V DC is not gonna to kill you (I don't believe it has high amperage), but water might short circuit it. Can someone please correct me if I am wrong?

May 16, 2010 at 1:01 AM Post #62 of 113
thanks for your quick reply 
etysmile.gif

Oct 31, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #63 of 113

Quote:
However, you probably don't want to wear it when your hair is wet; it has standard bias voltage 580V /DC. 580V DC is not gonna to kill you (I don't believe it has high amperage), but water might short circuit it.

someone killed Kevin Gilmore's stax omega 2s on the first day of can jam 2010 in chicago, apparently by listening with wet hair. serious bummer!

Jul 19, 2011 at 6:29 PM Post #64 of 113
For those who find fitting are not seal in to your ears properly or hurting after sometimes, here is an idea how to tweak it without using headband - Silicone Mold.

Enjoy. :wink:

Jul 28, 2011 at 2:55 AM Post #68 of 113
There was a hum/noise on the left driver of my babies so I opened it up. Then opened the right driver and copied the order of the layers:

Here's the config:

After putting it back, the noise is softer but its still there... does anyone know how to totally remove it? Or the contacts just need cleaning?
TIA

Jul 28, 2011 at 6:40 PM Post #69 of 113
Glad to know how you getting on with the fitting.

For the hum issue, I dont know really. One of my driver farts easier than the other but both of them dont fart at all with the silicone molds. Not gonna say this would cure yours anyway bro.

Maybe something's touching - just.

Sep 22, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #74 of 113
i have been reading up on these babies since this morning and i would love to have them in my collection. I am starting to loose hope that there may be some new-old stock ones gathering dust somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back