B&W P5 Headphones: An Unboxing of the Bowers & Wilkins P5 Headphones
Apr 12, 2010 at 11:21 PM Post #586 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by justpete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I did answer your question as to the source, and all you replied with was an answer my original post, while ignoring my second post, and the only thing you added was to correct my spelling.

Missed your second post. Sorry.

Apr 14, 2010 at 1:21 PM Post #587 of 702
All I can say is thank **** for the Treble Booster EQ.

Apr 14, 2010 at 9:05 PM Post #588 of 702
ah...guess this thread will die out within a week...

as for me I just purchased the fidelity triples! and will receive them in about a month - around the same price too.

Apr 14, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #589 of 702
i ended up returning them at the apple store. the clamping was just too much, although I did try my best convincing myself to keep them.

For the same price, I was able to find myself an ibasso D10, Yuin PK1, PK3, Fiio E5!

Apr 14, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #590 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by cowincanada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i ended up returning them at the apple store. the clamping was just too much, although I did try my best convincing myself to keep them.

Today was my first day out with them & the clamp was actually beneficial. That said, I am now using them at work & I'd rather my MS-2's for less clampage.
biggrin.gif

If you want one headphone to rule them all then this isn't the right pair for you.

Apr 15, 2010 at 3:59 AM Post #591 of 702
Quote:

For the same price, I was able to find myself an ibasso D10, Yuin PK1, PK3, Fiio E5!

lol.. all you had to do is bend the top of the head band out until they are loose enough its steel and can bend to what ever shape you want...

Apr 15, 2010 at 8:58 AM Post #592 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by gorgonmusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Ok I will retire permanently from the thread...

Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One of the best posts in this thread -- Hope this one turns out to be true.

Like so many things in life, I guess it was all just an illusion. Well, it was great while it lasted (3.5 days!)

Apr 15, 2010 at 2:17 PM Post #593 of 702
You are really good at this, gorgonmusic, aren't you. It's like you designed the P5's and you cannot cope with negative points. No, the clamping hardly changes. I stretched mine over my harddisk for a couple of nights with hardly any result. So don't trick people into telling that this will get better, it doesn't. At least not with 'bending' them.

And you are surprised people don't like you posting here?
And before you start this is not to "impress" the other, even if you are going to say it is, it's not. I've been following this thread for as long as it exists and despite the comments of the others, you just continue to be annoying. Maybe the P5's isolate criticism as well?

Even B&W would pay you to stop 'advertising' their headphones.

G.

Apr 15, 2010 at 2:38 PM Post #594 of 702
Just an update (long overdue), after a week and a half with the P5s, I've come to the conclusion that while they sound quite good, being a eyeglass wearer is not a good match for the P5s. They simply clamp down on the tops of my ears too much which causes aching after about 15-20 minutes. Back to IE 8s I go.

Apr 15, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #596 of 702
Quote:

lol.. all you had to do is bend the top of the head band out until they are loose enough its steel and can bend to what ever shape you want...

i'd rather not make any adjustments or compromises for something that I paid 370$ for (taxes and I live in Canada).

i'm almost tempted to say the b&w P5's are crap - just to be on the other side of the fence from you

Apr 15, 2010 at 5:58 PM Post #597 of 702
Quote:

i'm almost tempted to say the b&w P5's are crap - just to be on the other side of the fence from you

lol. As ridiculous as that is, its kind of true. What does gorgonmusic do to one's psycho-acoustics, when you listen and think "this really annoying dude thinks these induce nirvana"

Apr 15, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #598 of 702
Quote:

will if you sucumb to a temptation of such ignorance then such is your way and maybe it works for you.

Now lets nip this in the bud before it gets out of control. I have made no statements attacking any member personally. All my comments have been about the P5s and what i hear from them.

If you feel that your only option is to fire off personal attacks that that agin is your way and maybe it works for you. BUt i will be participating in that type of interaction cause that has nothing to do with P5s.

If you dont like the P5 thats fine.. if you dont like how i feel about the P5 thats fine too. But im thinking you should keep all you attacks directed at the P5s and i will defend them as such and we can go round in wonderful circles. Most folks will agree with you and you and other established members as is common with human grouping dynamics and i will be the outcast cause my love for the p5 is contrary to the consensus..

Apr 15, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #599 of 702
Quote:

will if you sucumb to a temptation of such ignorance then such is your way and maybe it works for you.

Now lets nip this in the bud before it gets out of control. I have made no statements attacking any member personally. All my comments have been about the P5s and what i hear from them.

If you feel that your only option is to fire off personal attacks that that agin is your way and maybe it works for you. BUt i will be participating in that type of interaction cause that has nothing to do with P5s.

If you dont like the P5 thats fine.. if you dont like how i feel about the P5 thats fine too. But im thinking you should keep all you attacks directed at the P5s and i will defend them as such and we can go round in wonderful circles. Most folks will agree with you and you and other established members as is common with human grouping dynamics and i will be the outcast cause my love for the p5 is contrary to the consensus..

And this is the reason this (and the other one you post in) has died a death
rolleyes.gif

Apr 15, 2010 at 6:32 PM Post #600 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by fella /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol. As ridiculous as that is, its kind of true. What does gorgonmusic do to one's psycho-acoustics, when you listen and think "this really annoying dude thinks these induce nirvana"

I'd like to thank gorgonmusic as his completely over the top defense of these headphones put doubts in my head. I was going to buy them online without listening to them, but after them being pretty much described as the headphone version of jesus i decided to listen to them in my local apple store.... i'm glad i did.

They do look nice and feel pretty sturdy but sound pretty awful considering i payed a lot less for a set of MS-1s which sound a lot better.

I ended up ordering a set of ES10s from Bluetin and could not be happier with them. If anyone is considering the P5s... Look into the ES10s they cost a little more, but they completley outclass the P5s and are worth every penny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back