B&W P5 Headphones: An Unboxing of the Bowers & Wilkins P5 Headphones
Mar 30, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #286 of 702
ok so did some reading and learning about the iPhone eq limitations and I took a brave step... I turned off my eq and omg the sound quality went up by 25% that's sad that apple didn't think to put a quality algorith in this thing... oh well I'm a permanent member in the eq off club.. lol feel free to say I told you so.. lol

Mar 30, 2010 at 2:07 AM Post #287 of 702
I listened to these headphones today at my local Apple store for about 45 seconds on an iPod to music that I was unfamiliar with. The verdict? They sounded okay but are a long way from great. They definitely didn't knock my socks off. These appear to be well-made and were reasonably comfortable. I was surprised that the sonic isolation wasn't better. If these aren't hideously expensive, they might be worth listening for another 45 seconds.

Mar 30, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #288 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeAKGGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I listened to these headphones today at my local Apple store for about 45 seconds on an iPod to music that I was unfamiliar with. The verdict? They sounded okay but are a long way from great. They definitely didn't knock my socks off. These appear to be well-made and were reasonably comfortable. I was surprised that the sonic isolation wasn't better. If these aren't hideously expensive, they might be worth listening for another 45 seconds.

With respect, I think you are way off ...but we can agree to disagree - which would be better over a cold one (or two)!
beerchug.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 2:18 AM Post #289 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With respect, I think you are way off ...but we can agree to disagree - which would be better over a cold one (or two)!
beerchug.gif

yeh he is way off.. but he has the right to be if he wants to..
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 2:33 AM Post #290 of 702
Im still waiting for Jude's impressions.

So, do you have conclusion Jude?
smile.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #292 of 702
Quote:

beerchug.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorgonmusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeh he is way off.. but he has the right to be if he wants to..
tongue_smile.gif

See guys, this is how FOTMs are born. Will I have to try these headphones? If I get a chance. Will I buy them? Nope. I think they look over-designed, though well built. They'll fit right in sitting atop half-audiophile hipster heads though, no doubt. I look forward to it around campus, which is a hot spot for anything Apple related.

Quote:

ok so did some reading and learning about the iPhone eq limitations and I took a brave step... I turned off my eq and omg the sound quality went up by 25% that's sad that apple didn't think to put a quality algorith in this thing... oh well I'm a permanent member in the eq off club.. lol feel free to say I told you so.. lol

Glad you saw the light.

Mar 30, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #294 of 702
I like the way these phones look. I'm interested to audition them.... Might have to sell a few of my phones to afford these...

Mar 30, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #295 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Injury /img/forum/go_quote.gif
See guys, this is how FOTMs are born. Will I have to try these headphones? If I get a chance. Will I buy them? Nope. I think they look over-designed, though well built. They'll fit right in sitting atop half-audiophile hipster heads though, no doubt. I look forward to it around campus, which is a hot spot for anything Apple related.

Glad you saw the light.

oh i get it so you are anti apple.. and anti pop culture.. thats cool but dont let that make you think that the P5 is not good..lol i give things and folks a chance to prove they are lame or cool.. P5s have proven to be cool ,apple store or not..
darthsmile.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 2:50 AM Post #296 of 702
Quote:

Stick your neck out and give us yours.
icon10.gif

I already have. Go check page 14, 16 and 18. I even posted a number of pics.

And just to reiterate what i said, I love them. I dont find them muddy at all. I find they have a strong bass that is transparent enough to let the mids and highs balance it out. i find their warm and lush sound a nice contrast to my K702's.

Mar 30, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #298 of 702
No worries.
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #299 of 702
Quote:

I take it that FOTMs stands for Fools of the Month? If so, you may well prove to be right! ...but you do have a Head Injury!

Flavor of the Month. Products that are extremely popular for a month before people either start to lose interest or find that it doesn't live up to the hype. In other words, pretty much every headphone that has ever come out ever.

Quote:

oh i get it so you are anti apple.. and anti pop culture.. thats cool but dont let that make you think that the P5 is not good..lol i give things and folks a chance to prove they are lame or cool.. P5s have proven to be cool ,apple store or not..
darthsmile.gif

Now now, I never said I was anti-Apple or anti-pop culture (though isn't hipster culture meant to be anti-pop culture? Their irony is close to forming a singularity!) I am against those who buy $300 Bose just to look cool. And everyone who wears those ugly thick-framed glasses. Eck!

I have no doubts they sound good. I do have doubts that they sound on par with other $300 offerings. Their extra features besides sound do give them a niche market that they will probably excel at (but what's their competition? Beats?) From the way you guys are trying to sell them though, you'd think they'd be the messiah incarnate
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #300 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by Head Injury /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Flavor of the Month. Products that are extremely popular for a month before people either start to lose interest or find that it doesn't live up to the hype. In other words, pretty much every headphone that has ever come out ever.

Now now, I never said I was anti-Apple or anti-pop culture (though isn't hipster culture meant to be anti-pop culture? Their irony is close to forming a singularity!) I am against those who buy $300 Bose just to look cool. And everyone who wears those ugly thick-framed glasses. Eck!

I have no doubts they sound good. I do have doubts that they sound on par with other $300 offerings. Their extra features besides sound do give them a niche market that they will probably excel at (but what's their competition? Beats?) From the way you guys are trying to sell them though, you'd think they'd be the messiah incarnate
biggrin.gif

lol...good post.. i do love them.. they just fit my sound needs.. sound quality , loudness , transparency , balance, warmth, comfort , looks , build quality , are what i look for in cans.. ...P5s hit every category for me..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back