B&W P5 Headphones: An Unboxing of the Bowers & Wilkins P5 Headphones
Mar 16, 2010 at 10:56 PM Post #136 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by sam3k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't forget the VAT included in those UK prices (@ 17.5%)

I wish we had 17.5% were I live, but we don't. We have 25% in VAT
eek.gif

Mar 17, 2010 at 4:21 AM Post #137 of 702
I'm very keen to hear how these turn out and am somewhat surprised at the reaction of some people here due, it would seem, only to the marketing campaign accompanying them.

However I contacted the distributor here in Australia and they told me that the RRP will be AU$499!
confused_face.gif
... I know this will probably not be what they will sell for retail but it seems very steep to me regardless!... If I decide to go with these over the SR325is I was considering I'd order from the US so it doesn't effect me as much but it would seriously impact their marketability here in stores at least

Mar 17, 2010 at 4:40 AM Post #138 of 702
^Just remember, the P5s are designed as portable cans...and the sr325i, like all grados is anything but. Different requirements, design, noise attenuation, etc. They really can't compare.

Mar 17, 2010 at 4:50 AM Post #139 of 702
Noted, sorry, didn't mean it as a direct comparison, I just can't afford two new pairs of phones at once
smile.gif
... If I do get the Grados I'll be using them at home and my hd555s out and about as I do now whereas if I get the P5s they'll become sort of all-rounders and supplement my hd555s at home
regular_smile .gif

Mar 17, 2010 at 8:22 AM Post #140 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish we had 17.5% were I live, but we don't. We have 25% in VAT
eek.gif

If the rest of the world had the same standard of living Sweden has, I'm sure billions of people would be quite happy & even eager to pay 25% VAT.

Mar 17, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #141 of 702
Well - I decided I was going to pre-order and do an in-home demo since it seems that is the only way to give the P5's a fair shake and a shot (for $300) at replacing my $100 MDR-7506's for my closed/sealing/all-purpose semi-portable.

But they have disappeared from the US Apple Store (where it was available yesterday)!

Mar 17, 2010 at 7:15 PM Post #143 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ridleyguy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are still in the U.S. Apple Store, but you have to sort High -Low price and then scroll to the bottom on the left. Now available to ship in 2-3 weeks.

I saved a link to them that was coming up "product not found" and searches for "bowers" would not find them (nor would the google product search listing link work). From my link I can see they just changed the product code from from TX584VC to TX584ZM so I must have decided to order right when they were updating it.

Thanks for the update - I can see them available again now with the updated ship status. I think I am going to pre-order right now and audition at home with a proper break-in.

Mar 17, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #144 of 702
You're welcome. Apple does the same thing on the Canadian site. If something is not in stock, even if it is the highest priced, it is listed at the bottom of that section.

Mine are on order for delivery April 15th! For me, buying the P5s is about having wanted to own a B&W speaker product for a long time, other than the Zeppelin - which I did not like for the money. O.K. these are not Nautilus or 801s, but nevertheless ...

Mar 17, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #145 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by music_4321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the rest of the world had the same standard of living Sweden has, I'm sure billions of people would be quite happy & even eager to pay 25% VAT.

Please forgive me, my intention is not to turn this in to a political debate but... your statement is true, but please note that the living standard in Sweden isn't any better (or worse) in comparison to the rest of the Western Europe —despite our higher taxes
tongue_smile.gif
We're forced to higher taxes as we have such a large public sector and because the tax base is so small... I will not pass judgement if this is a good or a bad thing
wink_face.gif
...now, let's turn back to the regular program
L3000.gif

Mar 18, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #150 of 702
Has anyone seen these in their US apple store yet? I talked to B & W and they said they would be appearing in the local apple stores the last week in March, but I was wondering if anyone has seen them ahead of time.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back