B&W P5 Headphones: An Unboxing of the Bowers & Wilkins P5 Headphones
Mar 13, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #16 of 702
sadly I do not see the attraction, perhaps they are nicer in person but from the images they remind me of a number of vintage cans which were not particularly comfortable.

I do like B&W speakers however and thus hope they live up to their namesake in sound.

..dB

Mar 13, 2010 at 2:59 AM Post #18 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by dBel84 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sadly I do not see the attraction, perhaps they are nicer in person but from the images they remind me of a number of vintage cans which were not particularly comfortable.

I do like B&W speakers however and thus hope they live up to their namesake in sound.

They remind me of the Bang and Olufsen Form 2 headphones that came out in the early 90's. Looked neat but sounded not so neat.

But I would imagine B&W would enter the market with something good, not just simply for the sake of participating.

Mar 13, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #20 of 702
I don't have a good feeling about this headphone.
frown.gif

Mar 13, 2010 at 5:33 AM Post #21 of 702
These headphones are meant to be mobile. As per David Baker RSM of B & W group. I liked them when i listened to them.

Mar 13, 2010 at 8:48 AM Post #23 of 702
They look horrible uncomfortable I have to say.

Mar 13, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #26 of 702
I have no beef with B&W going after the (consumer?) portable audio market, it's a very big market and not a very crowded scene with Audiotechnica making stylish good stuff (ES and ESW series) as well as Sennheiser with the HD25-II and the Shures (and yes, Bose and Dr. Dre). Hopefully that memory foam is an improvement in comfort.

But wouldn't you want B&W to tackle the home audiophile market as well, with the same attention to detail and build quality? Of course we'll have to see how these sound first.

Mar 13, 2010 at 10:19 AM Post #29 of 702
Beautiful crafted headphones. Stylish and clean in metal and leather.
That say nothing about their comfort or sound qualities though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back