B&W P5 Headphones: An Unboxing of the Bowers & Wilkins P5 Headphones
Apr 29, 2010 at 5:47 PM Post #647 of 702
Made for iPod is enough of a reason for me to stay away, no matter what
biggrin.gif

Apple simply suck.

The real leather and ugly looks would had been other reasons to, as I'm vegan to begin with
biggrin.gif

Apr 29, 2010 at 5:54 PM Post #648 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by aliquis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Made for iPod is enough of a reason for me to stay away, no matter what
biggrin.gif

Apple simply suck.

Thats a terrible reason to rule out a headphone. Basing its sound on an association with apple is ridiculous.

Apr 29, 2010 at 8:50 PM Post #650 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by Farnsworth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thats a terrible reason to rule out a headphone. Basing its sound on an association with apple is ridiculous.

It's not like things are specifically "made for the iPod" though. It should be more like "made for mp3 players" but I'm guessing they just put iPod so people think that it is going to sound a lot better because it's "made for my ipod".

PS I just got the "other" monkey-headphones poster from ebay today. The one where he's listening to music with his hand on his chin. I like it
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 30, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #651 of 702
heard them today at the local Apple store, they won't be replacing my Sony MDR ex 700's any time soon.

May 2, 2010 at 5:16 PM Post #652 of 702
Quote:

Originally Posted by sq225917 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
heard them today at the local Apple store, they won't be replacing my Sony MDR ex 700's any time soon.

Nor my Sennheiser HD-280 Pro's, or even my iGrado's.

May 12, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #653 of 702
I bought and returned a pair, pretty disappointing...  The build quality and comfort is nice (cable notwithstanding) but the highs are dramatically rolled off and the sound is generally muddy - my ESW9s are vastly superior and cheaper...

Drew

May 15, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #654 of 702

Quote:
I bought and returned a pair, pretty disappointing...  The build quality and comfort is nice (cable notwithstanding) but the highs are dramatically rolled off and the sound is generally muddy - my ESW9s are vastly superior and cheaper...

Drew

I find them to sound well balanced and crystal clear..  funny ho how different ears and brains interpret things so differently... ESW9s are ugly looking and to bright sounding..  you would look odd walking around in public with ESW9s.. like a lost DJ of sorts..  P5s look sophisticated and refined

May 15, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #656 of 702

Quote:

I find them to sound well balanced and crystal clear..  funny ho how different ears and brains interpret things so differently... ESW9s are ugly looking and to bright sounding..  you would look odd walking around in public with ESW9s.. like a lost DJ of sorts..  P5s look sophisticated and refined

That's the first time I come across P5 and Crystal clear in the same sentence. You obviously never heard them!

May 15, 2010 at 7:05 PM Post #657 of 702
I dont know if i would say they are crystal clear but they are definitely not muffled or muddy.

They are warm and colored but never the less they are detailed. IMO of course.

May 15, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #658 of 702

Quote:

OK, dude, that's just plain silly.  The ESW9 most certainly do not look ugly. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but c'mon. That's just sour persimmons.

I also cannot possibly imagine thinking that the ESW9 are bright, but if that is how you find them, then I can understand why you like the P5.  The ESW9 are, if anything, a little on the laid back and warm side.  Not nearly so much as the P5, but still, in the grand spectrum of headphones, they are on the laid back, bassy side of neutral for sure. 

Again, that doesn't make one better than another in absolute terms - good sound is in the ear of the beholder.  But in the landscape of headphone sound, the ESW9 are NOT bright.

May 15, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #659 of 702
ESW9 are too bright?  I wonder what would happen to you if you listened to a pair of Grado 325 or Sony SA5K...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back