B&W P5 - alternative ear-cups?
Sep 13, 2011 at 4:18 PM Post #2 of 6
Ok here's my plan.  I buy another set of P5 ear cushions, and remove the inner plastic part from the cushion itself.  Hopefully the magnets are also fixed to this inner piece.

I then get some soft over-ear pads from somewhere else and attach them to this plastic inner piece somehow.  This is the bit I'm not sure about.  If anyone can offer any advice as to what kind of glue to use, or what kind of pads to get it would be much appreciated.

Sep 13, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #4 of 6
What's "afikim"?  I don't want to sell these cans, I am in love with their sound..  even if I can't change the ear cushions I still want to keep them for their glorious sound signature.  The over-ear cushions would just be a nice improvement, and it seems doable.

Mar 22, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #6 of 6
Ok here's my plan.  I buy another set of P5 ear cushions, and remove the inner plastic part from the cushion itself.  Hopefully the magnets are also fixed to this inner piece.

I then get some soft over-ear pads from somewhere else and attach them to this plastic inner piece somehow.  This is the bit I'm not sure about.  If anyone can offer any advice as to what kind of glue to use, or what kind of pads to get it would be much appreciated.

Have you tried this out? If so, how did it go? I'm looking to do something similar since I get ear pain after wearing the P5s for more than 20 min.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back