B&W C5 Question and Recommended IEMS for Rock
Nov 6, 2012 at 7:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

nharrietha

New Head-Fier
Hello,
I recently purchased a pair of Bowers & Wilkins C5 earphones and so far I haven't really been too satisfied with them; that being said they haven't really been burned in yet. The lows just seem a little muddy and the mids are very poor for this price point, I've also noticed that cymbals are very splashy and aren't very consistent when the cymbals are being sounded in a constant fashion. Anyways, should I allow a full burn in? Does anybody have these headphones that can confirm they sound up to par with other $180 headphones after a burn in?

On to my second point (sorry if I'm not doing this right, first post). Can anybody recommend a good set of IEMS for rock? I'd like to keep it under $250, but would be painfully willing to go to $300 if the headphones are out of this world :wink:. I'm looking for good bass, not necessarily powerful but I want it to be crisp and not take away from the mids and highs as the C5's have so far.
Thanks for your time.

Nov 8, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #2 of 3
The RE272, GR07 (highly ecommended), Sony EX1000, JVC FXD80, GR01 and Sennheiser IE80 are recommended and they all are great for these genres music with good bass response.

Nov 8, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
The RE272, GR07 (highly ecommended), Sony EX1000, JVC FXD80, GR01 and Sennheiser IE80 are recommended and they all are great for these genres music with good bass response.

I decided to increase my budget and get the Logitech UE 900's. I looked into your recommendations but an iPhone remote was pretty much a must for me (bad audiophile, i know.) The reviews seemed to be exactly what I'm looking for sound wise. Have you ever tried the UE 900's? If so, how were they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back