B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions
Nov 17, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #121 of 294
If you have tried the app then you would see that it won't work unless you have the location services on. Now, that is obviously for monitoring reasons (where you are and what you may listen to) or because they simply set it wrongly (to be obligatory). In anyway for me, an android user, the app is useless since it loses connection no matter what you try in order not to lose it. So I only get to set it in the beginning of the music session, and once I turn to another app (eg. It is poweramp) attempting to go back it shows to me that the beoplay app is trying to find the headphones "a nouveau".

Nov 21, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #122 of 294
If you have tried the app then you would see that it won't work unless you have the location services on. Now, that is obviously for monitoring reasons (where you are and what you may listen to) or because they simply set it wrongly (to be obligatory). In anyway for me, an android user, the app is useless since it loses connection no matter what you try in order not to lose it. So I only get to set it in the beginning of the music session, and once I turn to another app (eg. It is poweramp) attempting to go back it shows to me that the beoplay app is trying to find the headphones "a nouveau".

Works for me on android with Spotify. Even while streaming from my Mac on Spotify, the app on my android phone still retains its settings. Let's be careful with the blanket statements. :)

Nov 21, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #123 of 294
Never said it didn't retain the settings ; I only said I can't go back to the app and therefore CHANGE the settings. It has lost connection with the device and it seems it is looking for it forever. And that happens no matter what you have turned on/off. At first I thought it was the WiFi connection causing interference to the bt connection between the app and the h7; wrong. Then I thought it was the Android failing until I tried it on an iPad (updated and not updated to latest ios) ; wrong again. The b&o support said that there was no problem. I say tell that to Google for Android 6 and Apple for the latest ios, no difference whatsoever.

Nov 22, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #124 of 294
Just wondering if anyone have compared the h7 with p7 wireless and the pm-3, tying to decide between these three...

I currently have a pair of SE535, and used to own a pair of v moda m 100, and decided to sell it as I didn't particular like the sound, thought the vmoda always sounded like it is being covered, sorta like a cloth covering the speaker (sorry i m noob and no good at describing it with proper terms) :/

Nov 22, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #125 of 294
Just wondering if anyone have compared the h7 with p7 wireless and the pm-3, tying to decide between these three...

I currently have a pair of SE535, and used to own a pair of v moda m 100, and decided to sell it as I didn't particular like the sound, thought the vmoda always sounded like it is being covered, sorta like a cloth covering the speaker (sorry i m noob and no good at describing it with proper terms) :/

I've got the H7 and the PM3 currently.  I prefer the sound of the H7...a bit more full and lively, but the comfort of the PM3 (the pads are bigger and a little more plush, even though they aren't real leather like the H7).  If I could only pick one, it would be the H7...and in fact, I'll probably be selling me 2 week old PM3s here shortly.  Both headphones are fantastic, but to me, the PM3 needs an amp like the HA2 if you want to get the fullness out of it.  You're not going to drive it with phones/tablets IMO...even though they claim you can.

Nov 22, 2016 at 6:06 PM Post #126 of 294
Never said it didn't retain the settings ; I only said I can't go back to the app and therefore CHANGE the settings. It has lost connection with the device and it seems it is looking for it forever. And that happens no matter what you have turned on/off. At first I thought it was the WiFi connection causing interference to the bt connection between the app and the h7; wrong. Then I thought it was the Android failing until I tried it on an iPad (updated and not updated to latest ios) ; wrong again. The b&o support said that there was no problem. I say tell that to Google for Android 6 and Apple for the latest ios, no difference whatsoever.

I wonder why you think that the ability to check and confirm the retention of settings (equalizer etc) isn't reliant on a connection to the headphones. You allude to this yourself - "It has lost connection with the device and it seems it is looking for it forever". Can you effect a change in the equalizer settings or even access any part of the app functions without a connection to the headphones?

For what its worth, I have not had any of the problems you've described, and I have connected it with Marshmallow, and now Nougat, as well as El Capitan. Hope you find a solution soon.

Nov 22, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #127 of 294

I have owned the P7 wired, albeit shortly, and I much prefer the h7. Out of the box, I have to say that I'm underwhelmed with the h7, but with the app and the control of the equalizer, I find that it is much more balanced than than the P7 and has a bigger soundstage. Further, I listen to a wide variety of music, and the h7's app allows me to dial in a particular sound depending on the music genre I'm listening to. This is invaluable for my purposes.

That being said, the P7 is no slouch. However, I just think that the h7 app changes the playing field for me - especially since by my understanding - it actually changes the h7's built-in dac equalizer (or something to that effect - if I'm wrong, someone pls correct me) instead of just an app-level equalizer setting. I have yet to find any official literature that supports this claim though.

Hope this helps.

Nov 22, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #128 of 294
The P7 wireless sounds different than the wired version due to some design changes, and for what it is worth, as much as I love the H7, the P7 wireless is in my opinion the better sounding across every domain. It isn't a trouncing by any means, the H7 is an extremely well voiced headphone and one that I wish I still had. That said, the P7 is the current wireless to beat in my opinion; however, the removable battery feature of the H7 is quite compelling.

Nov 22, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #129 of 294
Thank you so much for the input, guys, I guess just really have to make some time to go to the shops and listen to them myself. Seems like in the end it is more down to personal preference, as they all seem to be great products, just have their own goods and "bads"

Nov 23, 2016 at 1:07 AM Post #130 of 294
In my settings (s7 edge Marshmallow latest Samsung built) I start from poweramp (H7 is already wirelessly connected to my mobile); I choose my music and start playing it. Then I start the beoplay app and adjust the equalizer settings. After a while a different music kind playing list starts and I want to go back to the beoplay app to readjust the settings so as to maximize the music experience. So, through the bottom left hand corner bottom of the s7 edge I jump back to the beoplay app but this time it shows that it is trying to find back my H7 and establish a connection, however it simply does not manage to connect and let me readjust the equalizer settings. The beoplay support said that with Spotify, tidal and such apps there is no such issue. In order to connect to the H7 I have to restart the phone.... I have tried to close all apps and start back but it didn't work.

Nov 23, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #131 of 294
Ok solved the mystery with the beoplay app connection failure. Once I make my equaliser adjustments and go back to the very first screen of the beoplay app, then there won't be any problem to return to the beoplay app: it won't lose connection with the H7. Otherwise, if after the equaliser adjustments I stay at the player screen of the beoplay app, then once changing app on my mobile screen, I won't be able to go back to beoplay and change settings no matter what. Then the H7 will remain with the latest settings.

Nov 25, 2016 at 3:57 AM Post #132 of 294
I'm now on my second pair of H7s...left ear cup completely went out so swapped them for a new pair and now I'm noticing a lot of buzzing and feedback in the left one.  What a pain, think I'm gonna have to just move on from these things.  Can't deal w/ all of this in a 400 dollar pair of headphones.  It's insane.

Nov 25, 2016 at 4:02 AM Post #133 of 294
Do you mean that at low sound volumes you hear a ticking (on bluetooth connection to the source)? If that is the issue B&O considers it "normal" 
blink.gif

Nov 25, 2016 at 8:31 AM Post #134 of 294
  I'm now on my second pair of H7s...left ear cup completely went out so swapped them for a new pair and now I'm noticing a lot of buzzing and feedback in the left one.  What a pain, think I'm gonna have to just move on from these things.  Can't deal w/ all of this in a 400 dollar pair of headphones.  It's insane.

That's too bad to hear, my pair was absolutely perfect as I assume most are. However, if you want to try same price range, the B&W P7 wireless is highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back