B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions
Dec 9, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #151 of 294
  I have just placed an order for the H9 (and issued a return for the H7). Sonic could you explain the differences between the current H7 bt with the AptX LL you come to mention?

Low latency is for video/television synchronization, that is my understanding anyway. For regular audio playback it should mean absolutely nothing. I am surprised to hear of so many issues with interference and the H7, I don't know what to say beyond the fact that I had no such issues. The H9 looks nice, but the sound I suspect will be identical unless they redesigned the driver and or the housing somehow.

Dec 9, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #152 of 294
What I've just noticed with mine, the annoying sound in left cup last only for first 30 seconds from turning them on, after that time you can easily decrease volume to non and you can barely hear ticking or white noise, (which then is hearable only in very quiet places, other way almost impossible to detect). So i guess this is the way how they works, BT probably need some time to estabilish connection and then they become much quieter. Therefore during the listening music, even with extremly low volume there is nothing that you can hear instead of music.
Please you also note that if you press pouse then H7's probably turn off after few seconds due to battery saving purposes, and that way after push play again they will need to estabilish BT connection again for next 30 seconds, which may bring you to the wrong conclusion that this ticking sound is there for whol the time.
Hope that mine thoughts claryfied that for you.

Hi everyone! I've been reading all the thread. I bought my H7s last Black Friday on Amazon Spain. Very good pair of cans with some minor issues: poor wi-fi range, problems with the Beoplay app and the typical noise in the left cup. Regarding this last issue and seeing the discussion it has raised, I have to say that I experience it in just the same way as Waski has described. I suppose therefore that this is the normal working of this headset (does it happen in all of these BT headsets or it is a peculiarity of the H7s?)

Dec 10, 2016 at 5:47 AM Post #153 of 294
  Hi everyone! I've been reading all the thread. I bought my H7s last Black Friday on Amazon Spain. Very good pair of cans with some minor issues: poor wi-fi range, problems with the Beoplay app and the typical noise in the left cup. Regarding this last issue and seeing the discussion it has raised, I have to say that I experience it in just the same way as Waski has described. I suppose therefore that this is the normal working of this headset (does it happen in all of these BT headsets or it is a peculiarity of the H7s?)

It depends of the product but probably every BT headset have this quiet white noise which occur in H7's after 30 sec of running.
I guess that since my brother JBL's does not has this louder ticking/disturbing sound which last for the first 30s of H7's use, it is a peculiarity of Beoplay product only or at least it not exist in every BT headset as JBL's doesn't.

Dec 10, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #154 of 294

It is NOT normal...I've had many BT headsets and the H7 is the only one that does it all the time, consistently.  Hoping they fixed it, or at least lessened it greatly in the H9.  I'm not holding my breath however.

Dec 10, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #155 of 294
Interestingly I came across a silver pair of the H7s and I don't notice the interference as much on them compared to the black versions I've heard.  Prob just a fluke...but it's the first time I've had the H7s and the H6 v2 at the same time and I always forget how much more comfy the H7s are...the ear pads are a bit thicker.  Wired to my Sony PHA-1A they sound quite similar...a touch more bass on the H7s but that just could be contributed to the thicker pads and better seal over my glasses.  So hell, even if I just used them as a wired headphone, I like em a bit more than the H6 v2.

Dec 10, 2016 at 7:42 PM Post #156 of 294
I suppose it's a fluke. Anyway, mine are the silver ones too and in my case the sound is barely audible, only for a short while (at the beginning of the playback) and only in the left cup. Most of the times I don't realize it's there. I would say it's some interference related to the built in amp, and in some headsets such interference seems to be higher for some reason. A German Amazon review says that the noise occurs after the latest software update for the H7s (if that's true, maybe a future update could solve it); I couldn't check that because I updated my cans immediately after receiving them and there's no possibility of downgrading. I didn't think about returning them because I got them in a Black Friday sale and I couldn't get another pair for the same price. BTW in Amazon Spain the price of the silver ones is now 100€ higher than the beige ones! Also they sell a pair as "H7 2nd generation"; I suppose it's only something about software because there is no single difference in the specifications.
  Interestingly I came across a silver pair of the H7s and I don't notice the interference as much on them compared to the black versions I've heard.  Prob just a fluke...but it's the first time I've had the H7s and the H6 v2 at the same time and I always forget how much more comfy the H7s are...the ear pads are a bit thicker.  Wired to my Sony PHA-1A they sound quite similar...a touch more bass on the H7s but that just could be contributed to the thicker pads and better seal over my glasses.  So hell, even if I just used them as a wired headphone, I like em a bit more than the H6 v2.

Dec 10, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #157 of 294
I suppose it's a fluke. Anyway, mine are the silver ones too and in my case the sound is barely audible, only for a short while (at the beginning of the playback) and only in the left cup. Most of the times I don't realize it's there. I would say it's some interference related to the built in amp, and in some headsets such interference seems to be higher for some reason. A German Amazon review says that the noise occurs after the latest software update for the H7s (if that's true, maybe a future update could solve it); I couldn't check that because I updated my cans immediately after receiving them and there's no possibility of downgrading. I didn't think about returning them because I got them in a Black Friday sale and I couldn't get another pair for the same price. BTW in Amazon Spain the price of the silver ones is now 100€ higher than the beige ones! Also they sell a pair as "H7 2nd generation"; I suppose it's only something about software because there is no single difference in the specifications.

I'm actually a believer of the software update causing that interference. It must have something to do with how the beoplay app talks to them. Either way I'm going to be using them mostly wired through an amp anyway so no biggie at this point. So much more comfortable than the regular H6 because of that extra few mm of padding.

Dec 10, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #158 of 294
I'm actually a believer of the software update causing that interference. It must have something to do with how the beoplay app talks to them. Either way I'm going to be using them mostly wired through an amp anyway so no biggie at this point. So much more comfortable than the regular H6 because of that extra few mm of padding.

Why would anybody need the Beoplay app anyway? Just curious, I never bothered with it myself as I couldn't figure out what it would do for the sound if anything. Maybe I needed to pay more attention to it.

Dec 10, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #159 of 294
double post, my bad.

Dec 10, 2016 at 11:15 PM Post #161 of 294
You can tweak the sound. Kind of like an eq. It's pretty cool.

Didn't know that, but wouldn't it be easier to use an EQ? Certainly if you suspect the app is behind the noise issue you are experiencing?

Dec 10, 2016 at 11:23 PM Post #162 of 294
Didn't know that, but wouldn't it be easier to use an EQ? Certainly if you suspect the app is behind the noise issue you are experiencing?

It's not the app. It's the software update to allow for the headphone to talk to the phone. I don't even have the app on my phone but updated the headphone. Which apparently I shouldn't have done.

Dec 11, 2016 at 12:34 AM Post #163 of 294
It's not the app. It's the software update to allow for the headphone to talk to the phone. I don't even have the app on my phone but updated the headphone. Which apparently I shouldn't have done.

Gotcha, my confusion.

Dec 13, 2016 at 11:34 PM Post #165 of 294
Just got the H7 i really like the sound quality from these cans and also superb build quality!

Absolutely, and they are so comfortable aren't they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back