B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions
Nov 3, 2016 at 7:56 PM Post #92 of 294
In a few hours I will be receiving the ordered H7 2nd gen according to amazon uk. I would like to hear your suggestions on how to choose a good 3 meter long  jack (3.5mm) cable and adaptor (6.35mm) to use the H7s on my amplifier (yamaha RX-v475). Thanx in advance.

Nov 4, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #94 of 294
I will probably never be in the position to answer which generation is the better one since it is hard to find someone near me with such a set. About the inexistence of a casting case in the 2nd gen, I will refer you to the description of the box contents as provided by Amazon UK (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01LZY73DI/ref=dp_ob_neva_mobile#featureBulletsAndDetailBullets_secondary_view_div_1478237593227) where it clearly says that a carrying case is provided. Not important to me though, because I need a good hard case.
Any suggestions on how choose a good jack cable to connect from a considerable distance (3m) to my amplifier? My amp hasn't got a Bluetooth capability and I don't have any proposal for a decent Bluetooth transmitter that is reliable enough.

Nov 4, 2016 at 12:12 PM Post #95 of 294
I received on time the H7 from Amazon Uk. The package did not contain the pouch case. The package was intact but had no description being the 2nd gen H7. So I contacted Amazon to verify with me (in 4 business days time as they said) the actual generation of the H7 I received. I registered the set, and I am now charging it. 1st attempt to pair it with my S7 edge was unsuccessful, so I will reattempt after charging the set. Using the app was a fail too, since it said that a set update should take place first.... A 2nd gen set should not (most probably) have to get an update.

Nov 4, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #96 of 294
First impressions. I too have a continuous ticking sound from the left ear pad. At first it was a short lived one. Sometimes it may persist for as long as the whole song. I used poweramp as music player and the beoplay app for the equalizer setup. The beoplay app has connection issues when I use Napster or poweramp as players. When I connect to beoplay, and then use the music player the beoplay app loses ability to change the equalizer settings I have to restart the s7 edge, and the set and run the app again.
Other than that, the set was fully charged, did update although it is supposed to be 2nd gen, paired with my mobile easily. Music? Tried most of what I intended and remained impressed, However if the ticking persists I will return it and depending on the answer of Amazon UK whether it is 2nd or 1st gen. I may have to let it go.

Nov 4, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #97 of 294
First impressions. I too have a continuous ticking sound from the left ear pad. At first it was a short lived one. Sometimes it may persist for as long as the whole song. I used poweramp as music player and the beoplay app for the equalizer setup. The beoplay app has connection issues when I use Napster or poweramp as players. When I connect to beoplay, and then use the music player the beoplay app loses ability to change the equalizer settings I have to restart the s7 edge, and the set and run the app again.
Other than that, the set was fully charged, did update although it is supposed to be 2nd gen, paired with my mobile easily. Music? Tried most of what I intended and remained impressed, However if the ticking persists I will return it and depending on the answer of Amazon UK whether it is 2nd or 1st gen. I may have to let it go.

The cocoa brown H7 I received from Germany came with the latest firmware out of the box. This is the A/W '16 model, so I would expect any alleged '2nd gen' that was launched only a few days ago, to already be running the latest firmware.

Incidentally, does your serial number show up correctly in the Beoplay app?

Nov 5, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #99 of 294
This is my short review on amazon uk. Enjoy b&o haters! 
https://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R2ZYOI0KJO2DW8/ref=cm_cr_dp_title?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B01LZY73DI&channel=detail-glance&nodeID=560798&store=electronics

By the way, amazon uk verified that it is a 2nd gen H7 set (they verified vs the amazon product list, as B&O has declared it to amazon). No word yet on the deviation between the product description (...carrying case included...) and the product box (not including any), as well as no word on why it had to have its firmware updated. 
I also tested the set with an ipad mini, same ticking and sometimes popping sounds from the left ear pad, sometimes for a little while, others forever. But the beoplay app did work better with ios than it does with android. I guess, I should have guessed that, by solely watching their demo videos showing an iphone pairing it through the app to H7....
So, I asked for a replacement. It is due to reach me this week (quite fast). Keeping my fingers crossed it will be right this time. 

Nov 8, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #100 of 294
After 2 emails to B&O support here is the update on the H7 questions (in case you would like to know). After passing my serial number to them and several other questions here are the answers :
-my set (now returning to Amazon UK) was a 2nd gen
-all 2nd gens don't have a carrying case in the box
-all 2nd gens have the same specs with 1st gen once they both have all updates
-the above explains why 2nd gens were not advertised
-my set needed the update because it was not that recently produced
-The faint noise when using Bluetooth appears when no music is played (or very low played) , and it can also be heard when speakers are turned on, but not in use
-PCs and laptops have a different technology from mobile devices. The latter is the intended target group for h7
-the beoplay app has no issues with SoundCloud and tidal. Therefore there are no connection problems and there is availability at all times of the beoplay app equalizer when jumping back and forth from one app to another. If there are problems they should be searched elsewhere

Nov 10, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #101 of 294
Hi, could anyone who has recently (latest 3 months) bought the H7 confirm the bluetooth version the box says on the outside? Mine (the replacement I received from amazon uk, so called 2nd gen) says on the box "bluetooth 4.0".
Can anyone confirm that beoplay software updates are about the bluetooth version too (eg going from 4.0 to 4.2)? How can I verify the BT version of the set I currently have?

Thx

Nov 10, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #102 of 294
  Hi, could anyone who has recently (latest 3 months) bought the H7 confirm the bluetooth version the box says on the outside? Mine (the replacement I received from amazon uk, so called 2nd gen) says on the box "bluetooth 4.0".
Can anyone confirm that beoplay software updates are about the bluetooth version too (eg going from 4.0 to 4.2)? How can I verify the BT version of the set I currently have?

Thx

Bought mine about a month ago via Amazon.  Says 4.0 on the back.

Nov 10, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #105 of 294
You are probably right. But when paying the full price for a supposedly older version (not sure yet I got 4.0 by version, b&o customer service will answer me tomorrow by cross-refferencing my serial number with their data on production batches) that does not go unanswered. Amazon UK prices my set by a 70 British pounds more compared to 1st gen without any hardware difference from the cheaper so called 1st gen H7. They deny refunding me the difference and instead ask me to send them the item back in order to fully refund me without me initiating the process. What really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back