B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions
Nov 10, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #106 of 294
You are probably right. But when paying the full price for a supposedly older version (not sure yet I got 4.0 by version, b&o customer service will answer me tomorrow by cross-refferencing my serial number with their data on production batches) that does not go unanswered. Amazon UK prices my set by a 70 British pounds more compared to 1st gen without any hardware difference from the cheaper so called 1st gen H7. They deny refunding me the difference and instead ask me to send them the item back in order to fully refund me without me initiating the process. What really.

I would just send it back for a full refund.

Based on B&O's response, you can just easily buy a H7 from them directly (note I didn't bother with stating 1st gen or 2nd gen), and you'll get the *latest* current production model at the usual price and not have to deal with verifying anything or paying Amazon the inflated price for what is essentially being sold for cheaper by B&O themselves.

Nov 11, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #107 of 294
I have already tried to buy directly from b&o (see previous posts) but here in Greece there wasn't any in stock. And when I tried to buy it from a Brussels b&o shop it was my choice to step back and choose the 2nd gen advertised by Amazon as a"newer" version ROFL The product itself still has the little tickings and pops like the item I returned, but overall sound is exceptional and build quality is truly premium. If the b&o answers that the latest update(s) have made it a Bluetooth 4.2 then I will keep it nonetheless. But, if I can save the next potential buyer from this (let's say it gently) marketing trick, then I should still try my best to warn ppl before Christmas season.

Nov 11, 2016 at 2:49 AM Post #108 of 294
Below is the official response from B&O customer support on the bluetooth version issue (I remind you that the H7 package says bluetooth 4.0 and the Beoplay site says 4.2):

Response By Email (Thomas Roswalld Andersen) (11/11/2016 08.12 AM)
Dear Dionisis,

Thank you for your message.

After updating them with the software version: 9.1.3 they are using 4.2 Bluetooth.

Have a great weekend!

Kind regards,
Thomas Roswalld Andersen (Mr) | Customer Service

Nov 11, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #109 of 294
I have already tried to buy directly from b&o (see previous posts) but here in Greece there wasn't any in stock. And when I tried to buy it from a Brussels b&o shop it was my choice to step back and choose the 2nd gen advertised by Amazon as a"newer" version ROFL The product itself still has the little tickings and pops like the item I returned, but overall sound is exceptional and build quality is truly premium. If the b&o answers that the latest update(s) have made it a Bluetooth 4.2 then I will keep it nonetheless. But, if I can save the next potential buyer from this (let's say it gently) marketing trick, then I should still try my best to warn ppl before Christmas season.

Perhaps you should just edit your Amazon review to just a simple warning that there is no real difference with the cheaper H7 after the software upgrade.

Nov 11, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #111 of 294
I hope this isn't considered spamming as I asked in the H6 thread as well.

Has anyone tried if the H7 pads fit the H6, and also how it would change the sound? I found the H7 superior in comfort but H6 superior in sound.

Nov 12, 2016 at 1:38 AM Post #114 of 294
The greek b&o said so about a new product last October. And they tried to discourage me from buying the H7... The new one may indeed be presented in December and it may be released a few months later..

Nov 12, 2016 at 3:56 AM Post #116 of 294
If depends on what you need. Already the Bluetooth is not at a perfection point and it could make you angry if it loses connection or produces noise foreign to the music: it could frustrate you (it did that to me). You could wait for the new but mind that it will be more expensive at first even from the current models. Yesterday I tried my H7 more and it was really performing great. I had your thoughts but not anymore.

Nov 16, 2016 at 6:00 AM Post #117 of 294
Anybody knows why beoplay app needs location services? I read it says it is due to assistance needed to locate the H7. Is that for real?
confused.gif

Nov 16, 2016 at 8:44 AM Post #118 of 294
  Anybody knows why beoplay app needs location services? I read it says it is due to assistance needed to locate the H7. Is that for real?
confused.gif

It may be to direct which server serves the application connection for the download. Who knows, maybe it also gives them additional demographic data?

Nov 16, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #120 of 294
  ... I am not sure how necessary it is to use location services for choosing a download server.

I'm not either, maybe it doesn't matter at all or maybe it is simply preferred? I suspect it really isn't this as I doubt the demand is so high that they can't simply have a single transactional server handle traffic from around the world, but I could be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back