B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions
Oct 25, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #76 of 294

Amazon.  I hate doing that though.  But if they are expected to come out in the next 22 days (how long I've got left to return em), then I'd probably do it.

Don't worry about Amazon, they are immensely wealthy and a huge part of that wealth was obtained by investing in making relationships, not just sales. I say that as it is a trust relationship when you know the return policy for once favours you and not the seller. It would be different if you did it constantly, which I somehow suspect you don't. Believe me, as a mega retailer, customer loyalty is worth the odd return so use the privilege and enjoy it don't feel guilty about it.

Oct 25, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #77 of 294
I agree with Sonic. Plus, the 2nd gen wasn't advertised by b&o. In fact the greek reseller told me that stocks were to be replenished with h7s later than expected suggesting that the latest H7 would be slightly different than the previous one. The Belgian reseller said, and I quote, "there is no 2nd gen".

Oct 26, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #79 of 294
  I guess I'll just end up sticking w/ my H7s...I already love them, so I guess there's really no point.  If I love something, I might as well just enjoy it!

For sure, if it isn't broken, don't fix it. Plus, it is possible that if there is indeed a new model, you may actually prefer the signature of the one you already have. New isn't always better as you already know.

Oct 28, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #80 of 294
I'd like to update the situation:
The APT-X didn't make any difference to the defect noises, but I've since returned the unit and received today the replacement. These don't have those mentioned noises so it's a happy ending. Albeit the hiss, which is to be expected with bluetooth headphones, is a bit on the loud-side for what I've in my limited experience come across, but not to an extent for it to be intrusive. I'm not an expert when it comes to the sound profile and quality, but I don't find anything to complain. 

Oct 28, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #82 of 294
I believe it's the first generation. Also on amazon.de clicking the "see newer model of this item" takes you to the new cocoa brown AW edition. So it has led me to believe there is no  2nd generation coming, but it has been all along referring on amazon.fr and co.uk to the cocoa brown model, which is due to be released November 1st on amazon.de , just like the alleged 2nd generation is on .fr and co.uk.

Oct 28, 2016 at 6:08 PM Post #83 of 294
  I believe it's the first generation. Also on amazon.de clicking the "see newer model of this item" takes you to the new cocoa brown AW edition. So it has led me to believe there is no  2nd generation coming, but it has been all along referring on amazon.fr and co.uk to the cocoa brown model, which is due to be released November 1st on amazon.de , just like the alleged 2nd generation is on .fr and co.uk.

Not quite accurate. In the UK one, it stays black and I did order black 2nd gen. Moreover the brown one is already available. In fact, a B&O re-seller in Brussels already had it (brown 1st gen).

Nov 1, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #85 of 294
Just thought I should mention that the newer batches presumably do not come with the cloth bag anymore.

I returned a QC35 and a P5 wireless for the H7 which I initially bought direct from B&O in Germany. But its on its way back now since I ordered the cocoa brown and it wasn't as dark as their promotional pictures. My brand new black H7 from ebay just arrived a few hours ago. :)

I was attempting to update the software, but it would flash red, then flash blue, then just red and then no lights would come on. So I'm charging it right now and will attempt it again. I hope its just the battery level and no other issues. *fingers crossed*

Even though the H7 sticks out of my head like I'm a 1970s android, I just couldn't shake the sound quality - the soundstage. I have owned a P5 S2 for a few years and that was always my go to, but now .... I think the beoplay app has a lot to do with this since I was able to dial in the exact 'shade' of sound that I wanted to hear (this was with the cocoa brown that I returned). Before I played with the app, I wasn't at all impressed with the H7.

I do have to say that its quite frustrating that there aren't any nicely designed or at least classy looking hard cases for sale on ebay or amazon. I really like the Gocase, but they aren't available on Amazon UK.

And I'm really curious about what this gen2 H7 is. Its also pricier than the gen1.

Nov 1, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #86 of 294
Just to check with everyone. In the Beoplay app, if you select your device info, is the serial no. supposed to just display 00000?

I've unscrewed the left earpiece and the serial number is displayed there.

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:10 AM Post #87 of 294
Congrats on your new set, curious to know whether you pulled it off with the update and if not why. So according to your post you got the 1st gen, and you don't find a decent case. I bought a Generic Hard Carry Case Box Bag For BANG & OLUFSEN BeoPlay H2 H6 H7 H8 Headphone from eBay for a bit more than 15 euros. Unfortunately, the Gocase costs (through ebay) a bit more than 70 euros shipping included. I'd better buy this one instead (if I'm to pay a lot for a case): peak by hard graft (look it up under small leather goods /headphones). You are sure that the ridiculous pouch they gave with the 1st gen will not be given with the 2nd one?

Nov 1, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #88 of 294
Congrats on your new set, curious to know whether you pulled it off with the update and if not why. So according to your post you got the 1st gen, and you don't find a decent case. I bought a Generic Hard Carry Case Box Bag For BANG & OLUFSEN BeoPlay H2 H6 H7 H8 Headphone from eBay for a bit more than 15 euros. Unfortunately, the Gocase costs (through ebay) a bit more than 70 euros shipping included. I'd better buy this one instead (if I'm to pay a lot for a case): peak by hard graft (look it up under small leather goods /headphones). You are sure that the ridiculous pouch they gave with the 1st gen will not be given with the 2nd one?

Thanks Aischilos. The update was successful - it was the low battery level after all. Any idea about the serial number displayed on the Beoplay app for you? Is it displayed properly or also 0000?

Let me clarify. I did not buy the supposed 2nd gen H7 (that Amazon UK is selling starting from Nov 1). What I meant is that presumably, the current H7 sold (not those that are old stock), do not come with a cloth bag. This is confirmed with the cocoa brown H7 from Germany, as well as a set that was opened at a local mall, both which did not have the bag. So I do not know if the 2nd gen will come with a bag. All I know is that if you buy a H7 today that isn't stocked from 2015, then you probably won't get a bag.

The Peak by Hard Graft is certainly very nice, but I was wondering if the lack of a hardcase protection will still result in it being squashed in a tightly packed bag, for example. I suppose I wasn't too happy with the cases they have on offer on Amazon UK - like there were some that were nice but had a bright orange interior. :p I suppose I'm nitpicking.

Something like this would be excellent:  https://www.behance.net/gallery/42734579/A-Weekend-Project-Beoplay-H7-Case

And for anyone who is interested - on Mac OSX (el capitan), the B&O defaults automatically to AAC, while the P5 wireless insists on aptx even when I disable the 'force aptx' in Bluetooth explorer, and enable 'force AAC'. The QC35, on the other hand, insists on defaulting to SBC even with force AAC and aptx on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back