B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions
Oct 19, 2016 at 3:52 PM Post #46 of 294
I have been searching for wireless headphones to use at work and just came across H7. I was looking at MDR-1000X (just started to become available in some areas) and Momentum 2.

Don't bother w/ the 1000X...I just returned my pair.  It looks good and has a lot of bells and whistles, but if you don't care about NC, stay away.  I've got the H7 and the MDR-1ABT and both are quite a bit better sounding than the 1000X.  I really really like the H7...as I mostly use it for music listening.  I use the MDR1ABT for gaming because its got an accentuated bass and is a bit more comfy for long sessions.  The H7 is definitely no slouch in the comfort department, just not quite as plush.  

Oct 19, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #48 of 294
Wanted to say thanks to this thread. Just switched over from a Mr Speakers Alpha Dog + CEntrence HIFI-M8 to the Beoplay H7. 

I'd say the Beoplay are 90%+ as good overall. The lack of wires, ease of moving around, and occasional use for making calls is so nice that I don't miss my old setup at all.

I bought both the H7 and the M2. Unfortunately it turns out the ANC of the M2 makes me want to curl up and die after about 30 minutes. Room spinning dizziness. Hard to evaluate audio quality in that state. So glad that B+O makes a great bluetooth headphone without ANC.

Oct 19, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #49 of 294
  ...So glad that B+O makes a great bluetooth headphone without ANC.

Yes, the H7 is pretty darn impressive isn't it? I'm currently equally impressed with the B&W P7, another amazing sound signature without that pesky ANC. Did you get one of the newer colour schemes with your H7?

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #50 of 294
I returned my H7 because of the white noise / crackling when listening via bluetooth do not matter the source:

Now thinking about

Sennheiser PXC550 Wireless versus Sony MDR-1000X

Oct 20, 2016 at 12:50 PM Post #51 of 294
  I returned my H7 because of the white noise / crackling when listening via bluetooth do not matter the source:

Now thinking about

Sennheiser PXC550 Wireless versus Sony MDR-1000X

Bummer, that does sound like an issue with the BT receiver chip. I would strongly encourage you to at least consider the B&W P7. As well, the ONKYO H500BT is quite the nice signature and extremely portable if that is a consideration.

Oct 21, 2016 at 3:32 PM Post #53 of 294

Ordered both the limited edition brown and the all black. Returned the brown - in person it was more boring brown, and less redwood colored than in the pics. Black always looks good. :)

Too bad, online the brown looks really nice. As you say, black always works.

Oct 21, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #54 of 294
Last summer I received a 50% discount on creative aurvana platinum (150€ instead of 300€) and I gave it a try: my fist ever purchase of headphones AND wireless. Various out of the box quality issues made me to return it. But then I searched a bit more and I fell into headfi.org. 3 months passed and I was still searching. It seemed that anc sets were not as satisfying as users wanted them. The Sony mdr 1000x although promising it had mixed reviews, the pxc 550 one of the same, others faced quality and sound issues. So although I take the metro everyday and every 2 months I have to take a flight, I decided not to risk buying an anc set and I remained with the wireless aptx and aac capabilities. No need to restrict oneself on Android or Apple phones. Spend on a good set of hp that you can use with both. Then it was the Sq issue. Highs, lows and bass heads. All out in search for the best balanced set. Nearly impossible if you don't spend more than 500€. And right then, in the forum of the latest Sony set, the 1000x, I read about the existence of a one H7. I remember seeing it in the crystal media shop in the Brussels airport but as soon as I saw the B&O sign I immediately turned my head away: darned stereotypes say that most expensive things are overrated. But I found out that it was not that expensive in the end. You can't search for the set that has most of the characteristics you want and not pay the price. The H7 will be my first set.
So, the Greek B&O shop claimed that they would have the H7 (black) much later than November due to low stocks around Europe. They also advised me not to haste and buy from the Internet because they expected an "improved" batch of H7 s(??). Anyone heard of this? Next week I will be in Brussels. The Teleprince shop answered my email and hopefully by Wednesday the 26th I will be one of the lucky ppl listening to a set of black H7.

Oct 21, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #55 of 294
Next week I will be in Brussels. The Teleprince shop answered my email and hopefully by Wednesday the 26th I will be one of the lucky ppl listening to a set of black H7.

Hopefully you are as impressed with the H7 as I was, really a very well done signature, removable battery, top quality constructions, looks and comfort. Hard to go wrong. Let us know what you think.

Oct 21, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #56 of 294
I will. I am planning to play massive attack, Foo fighters, muse, tears for fears, Chopin's nocturnes, Prokofiev's romeo an Juliet, and a Giorgos Dalaras 80s concert (greek music using stringed instruments). And for last, when I go to take the return plane to Athens, I will try the qc35 in the crystal media shop to see the difference, both bt and cabled. I know beforehand that the 2 sets are different but the qc35 is one of the current most sold sets. So we will see.

Oct 21, 2016 at 7:05 PM Post #57 of 294
I will. I am planning to play massive attack, Foo fighters, muse, tears for fears, Chopin's nocturnes, Prokofiev's romeo an Juliet, and a Giorgos Dalaras 80s concert (greek music using stringed instruments). And for last, when I go to take the return plane to Athens, I will try the qc35 in the crystal media shop to see the difference, both bt and cabled. I know beforehand that the 2 sets are different but the qc35 is one of the current most sold sets. So we will see.

Great music selection, I also like a great deal of electronica and the H7 loved that genre.

Oct 21, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #59 of 294
  Yes! Depeche mode for one, air, prodigy and I expect other proposals of course. It goes without saying that each will get 3-4 pieces. I forgot the great RHCP!!!

I love RHCP, but some of their library is so horribly mastered to render it almost unlistenable, Californication for one, brilliant music, but so brick walled limited that it could cause psychosis in the anxious among us.

Oct 22, 2016 at 12:51 AM Post #60 of 294
They also advised me not to haste and buy from the Internet because they expected an "improved" batch of H7 s(??). Anyone heard of this? 

Improved Batch like 2nd Generation? The Amazon UK seems to label it as 2nd Generation H7 releasing on Nov 1.

It could be a typo. Anyway here's the link:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bang-Olufsen-Generation-Headphone-Bluetooth-Cocoa-Brown/dp/B01LZY73DI/

[mod edit: removed referral tag]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back