B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions
Jul 19, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #16 of 294
I agree with Sonic Defender. The Beoplay H7 is an amazing set of headphones. Before them I had the H8, but as mentioned many places, the bluetooth connection on those are really terrible. I would get drop-outs even when my phone was in my jacket pocket. So I sold those and bought the H7. 

Amazing battery life, great connection and most important great sound quality.

Jul 19, 2016 at 6:51 PM Post #17 of 294
 I really like how I can tune the sound after the last update. I made a custom setting to tune a little more of the bass out. Pretty cool to be able to change these presets on the apple watch too. My only real dislike is the switch, just seems a bit fragile.  

Aug 6, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #18 of 294
   I really like how I can tune the sound after the last update. I made a custom setting to tune a little more of the bass out. Pretty cool to be able to change these presets on the apple watch too. My only real dislike is the switch, just seems a bit fragile.  

I must admit, I need to do the update. I haven't tried any such features. I would use my EQ first, but maybe this is a good option? Thanks for the heads-up.

Sep 3, 2016 at 6:54 AM Post #19 of 294
Rich sound, great passive isolation, superb battery life, zero connectivity issues even on commute, cool iOS app (with EQ you can definitely play with sound signature), touch controls not gimmicky, luxury materials, great design and construction (except for slight pressure on head rest). I am really impressed. Well done B&O!

Sep 3, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #20 of 294
  Rich sound, great passive isolation, superb battery life, zero connectivity issues even on commute, cool iOS app (with EQ you can definitely play with sound signature), touch controls not gimmicky, luxury materials, great design and construction (except for slight pressure on head rest). I am really impressed. Well done B&O!

Absolutely, B&O nailed it without a doubt. Perfect? Of course not, damn good? You bet.

Sep 17, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #22 of 294
  so, i currently have the grey one, but I was thinking about returning it and picking up the black one because I think the grey headband will get dirty over time.

LOL, so odd, it wasn't you of course, but I just sold my H7 (with deep regret) to a member in PA, and it was the black version.

Sep 18, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #23 of 294
Tried these headphones at the store - they sound quite good compared to Sennheiser Momentum M2 wireless.
H7 have a wider scene and is brighter on the treble side. The only problem I've experienced is some annoying tssss sound at some high frequency, mainly in vocals and cymbals. BTW is there an english term for that? :) Is EQ the only thing could fix that? Did not have time to play with it. Also did not try them with some active music like prog metal :frowning2: and I have doubts they won't fail, like Bose QC35.

I also compared them to H8 which sound quite badly with ANC and ok but not as good as H7 without it. Interesting if Sennheiser PXC 550 would beat the H7 ...

Sep 18, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #24 of 294
  Tried these headphones at the store - they sound quite good compared to Sennheiser Momentum M2 wireless.
H7 have a wider scene and is brighter on the treble side. The only problem I've experienced is some annoying tssss sound at some high frequency, mainly in vocals and cymbals. BTW is there an english term for that? :) Is EQ the only thing could fix that? Did not have time to play with it. Also did not try them with some active music like prog metal :frowning2: and I have doubts they won't fail, like Bose QC35.

I also compared them to H8 which sound quite badly with ANC and ok but not as good as H7 without it. Interesting if Sennheiser PXC 550 would beat the H7 ...

I found the treble to be rather well done on the H7 and not tilted upward enough to introduce any extra sibilance, which is what I believe you were describing. The sibilance is in the recording of course and if the headphone has enough treble extension it should reveal the sibilance. It is a double edged sword, in that sure it may reveal some poor recordings or bad parts in a song, but it will also faithfully play well recorded material with enough detail to be engaging.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean fail like the Bose; assuming you mean stop working I would say the opposite, they are extremely well made and I think the difference in price was invested in really good design and materials. I'm a big fan of the H7 personally. To date still my favourite portable sound signature.

Sep 19, 2016 at 4:28 AM Post #25 of 294
  I found the treble to be rather well done on the H7 and not tilted upward enough to introduce any extra sibilance, which is what I believe you were describing. The sibilance is in the recording of course and if the headphone has enough treble extension it should reveal the sibilance. It is a double edged sword, in that sure it may reveal some poor recordings or bad parts in a song, but it will also faithfully play well recorded material with enough detail to be engaging.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean fail like the Bose; assuming you mean stop working I would say the opposite, they are extremely well made and I think the difference in price was invested in really good design and materials. I'm a big fan of the H7 personally. To date still my favourite portable sound signature.

Regarding the Bose I meant that the speaker itself is quite "slow" so when there is a lot notes, shred, cardan, sound becomes less detailed. I wouldn't say it becomes just a noise, but I expected notes on every instrument the be more more separated.

Yeah I was talking about the sibilance. Then it's bad. Because this means I can't use these headphones we the streaming services even in HQ mode :frowning2:

Sep 19, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #26 of 294

Regarding the Bose I meant that the speaker itself is quite "slow" so when there is a lot notes, shred, cardan, sound becomes less detailed. I wouldn't say it becomes just a noise, but I expected notes on every instrument the be more more separated.

Yeah I was talking about the sibilance. Then it's bad. Because this means I can't use these headphones we the streaming services even in HQ mode :frowning2:

It is only bad if you listen to sibilant recordings, it won't matter if it is streaming or not. What music are you hearing sibilance with? The treble quality on the H7 is actually quite high so if you are having issues I would suggest a darker headphone would be a good fit, or, use an EQ to bring down some of the treble. Either way, I'm sure there is a perfect headphone for you out there, perhaps the H7 isn't the right one, but to be clear, it isn't the H7, it is the music that is sibilant.

Sep 19, 2016 at 10:12 AM Post #27 of 294
  It is only bad if you listen to sibilant recordings, it won't matter if it is streaming or not. What music are you hearing sibilance with? The treble quality on the H7 is actually quite high so if you are having issues I would suggest a darker headphone would be a good fit, or, use an EQ to bring down some of the treble. Either way, I'm sure there is a perfect headphone for you out there, perhaps the H7 isn't the right one, but to be clear, it isn't the H7, it is the music that is sibilant.

By streaming I ment everything except FLAC :) Anything compressed enough. What does the spotify give by default? I doubt it's 320 kb/s.

For example I tried. Kotzen, Animals as Leaders, Periphery, Tesseract. Kotzen's vocals were with sibilance. On Tesseract/Periphery records I heard them on some cymbals, maybe some small crashes.

I thought that H7 equalizes treble too much, so sibilance just becomes more noticeable.

By darker headphones you mean the ones with the darker treble? If so then Momentum M2 were good. But to me the treble there is too dark compared to H7 :frowning2:

Sep 23, 2016 at 2:40 PM Post #29 of 294
  Guys, how do you clean the back of the headband? I mean not the leather part, but the cloth one - the one that touches your head. 
Mine got rather dirty (curse you hot weather!) already.

Wish I could help, that is exactly why in hot weather I don't wear my over-ear headphones outside, I don't want to sweat on them.

Sep 24, 2016 at 4:23 AM Post #30 of 294
I know it's stupid but I actually filed a request at their contact center asking for advice.
Not that it bothers me that much, but seeing dirt just makes me so angry. 
If no one answers I guess I'll just use some soap and soft cloth to clean it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back