Azla Sedna Earfit Tips
Apr 14, 2021 at 9:40 AM Post #107 of 151
Shouldn’t the shorter ones make the canal resonance go up in frequency?
I thought it was otherwise ? But im no expert

Apr 14, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #108 of 151
Depends on your ears canals (I have large canals) but they can vary depending on what you fit them too, the clear soft ones (Crystal or such) ruined the default sound (too much bass) on one set of my earbuds (probably could EQ it to good again) but sounded fine on other sets of earbuds.

I now have them all, the Black (hard) the White (bit softer) and the Clear (mould to you ears via body heat) both normal and short TWS versions so 6 types in total.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 4:04 PM Post #109 of 151
I thought it was otherwise ? But im no expert
http://rinchoi.blogspot.com/2010/05/how-deep-do-you-insert-you-er4.html

the deeper they go in, the higher the resonance moves in frequency according to that which is backed by graphs and formulas On the old Rin Choi blog (what happened to that guyBTW?). Bore width also effects also has its effects with the narrow bore causing a lower treble frequency resonance/large bore cause the resonance to move higher in the frequency range which I saw measured on Audioreviews somewhere but i can’t find it now. Never mind, found it: https://www.audioreviews.org/announcing-the-premium-eartips-project/

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #112 of 151
Definitely, but a little education never hurt anyone That I know. So far these tip threads have been fairly blind and I hate blindly throwing my money at something I don’t even understand. Now I think we can all understand the facts of what’s going on. The subjectivity parts have not changed for each of us. No harm no foul as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #113 of 151
Hi everyone, i am going to order Azla tips but what is difference between Azla Short (regular short) and Light Short in term of sound?
The black short sedna has stiffer material vs the light short. From my experience it add a bit more bass than the light

Apr 15, 2021 at 2:13 PM Post #114 of 151
Shouldn’t the shorter ones make the canal resonance go up in frequency?
The short sedna actially function the same as other regular tips. The non short sedna has a tube like effect, speaking from my experience

Apr 15, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #115 of 151
so basically it looks like bigger bore and deeper insertion makes the resonance go higher And with a less intense peak.
Whether it's narrow bore or wide bore, it doesn't really matter tbh & the deeper you insert, the peak will shift to higher frequency. The measurement crin did is setting the resonance peak at 8k but in reality, we tend to have it at 9k-10k. It will not make it go higher

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2021 at 3:34 AM Post #116 of 151
My Sedna Xelastics arrived yesterday. I got the MS/M/ML pack to make sure I got the right size. Yes, this is more expensive but at least I can find out what size will suit me.

My current tips are the Symbio MadarinEs W version which are in MS range. They fit very well but the issue with them is the outer grey cover over the orange foam combination. The two tend to separate and can also bunch up. I've also never been comfortable with rolling them between my thumb and forefinger before fitting them in my ears. However they do expand to the shape of my ear and seal extremely well. They don't have to be inserted too deeply to get a good seal and good bass. However, they are chronic for picking up earwax.

With the Sedna's I automatically went for the MS and while the treble was good there was no bass at all meaning they hadn't sealed. I waited for the seal to improve when they heated up but it didn't happen. Going up a size had the same effect. I then went to the ML, moved them around and finally got the seal I wanted as the bass bloomed into life. However, the bass didn't quite sound right so I took them out. This is when noticed how well they stuck to my ear canals. I was worried that they would be left in my ears as the iems came out but because they fit so well to the Flare nozzle it wasn't an issue.

I've gone back to these today after thinking abut the tip size problem. At this point we come to how the mixed sets are packaged. There is no written indication of which pair of tips is which size so had I got the sizes wrong? No. Once I'd worked this out I went back the MS and on a hunch, pushed them deeper into my ears. The left one sealed immediately and the bass was all there. No sound from the right. I know that my right ear is very waxed up at the moment and that I'd pushed this side right into the wax. With a bit of depth adjustment the right side came good and I was very happy with what I heard. More importantly, the bore hadn't grabbed large gobs of wax. The message for me was clear, they need to be inserted a bit more deeply than what I was used to with the Symbios.

After getting my ears dewaxed on Monday I'll do a sound audition.

Jul 26, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #117 of 151
Got my Crystal tips today, work fine so far with the XM4, now i have to try the isolation while commuting with them.

Jul 26, 2021 at 12:13 PM Post #118 of 151
I tested the SednaEarfit Xelastec for almost a year now. For my ears, they regulate the bass just like jogging regulates blood pressure. No bloated mid bass anymore. But this comes at a price.

I wrote my observations up here:
https://www.audioreviews.org/azla-xelastec-review-jk/

Sep 14, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #119 of 151
Thinking of opting for a long nozzle, should I go M or MS if I normally go M? Never had Azlas before. What's the consensus on regular vs light in terms of sound and feel?

Sep 14, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #120 of 151
Thinking of opting for a long nozzle, should I go M or MS if I normally go M? Never had Azlas before. What's the consensus on regular vs light in terms of sound and feel?
Azlas come pretty large. Check their size chart...and measure your go-to tips for comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back