Available Now: The Element by JDS Labs
Jun 17, 2015 at 4:51 AM Post #31 of 124
Pretty sure even ODAC rev.B doesn't support beyond 24/96, and it is $150. I'll assume the DAC inside the Element is probably very similar to the one in ODAC rev.B

No support for 192kHz is a slight bummer, but by no mean a total turn-off. I'll venture a guess that the choice (of 24/96 max, a.k.a USB Audio Class 1) is to keep it more compatible to smart devices (iOS, Android, etc).

You're right about the ODAC, I thought it supported 192. If someone with 192KHz files got this, is there a simple way to downsample them without ruining the sound (achem windows).

192k and higher is not audible anyway, and no one has ever been able to prove otherwise.

Gimme.

Let's keep the audio theory out of this thread, Some people have 192KHz files and don't want them to be downsampled for playback

Jun 17, 2015 at 7:26 AM Post #33 of 124
Always excited about new JDS Labs products. Each and every one of their devices impresses. 

Jun 17, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #39 of 124
  That was likely an effect from the camera flash (no power cord in any photos). Photos are tricky.

what color is the glow? I find that a red glow has much better sound stage and bass impact. =P

Jun 17, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #43 of 124
Just created a product page in the Head Gear section:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/jds-labs-the-element

Now you can add it to your lists, publish reviews, etc.

This thing looks perfect for me! (At least in terms of what I'll need for the near future.)

Jun 17, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #45 of 124
Any electronic, *especially* audio gear that GLOWS...is automatically AWESOME!

I've never had the chance to hear any gear from JDS...perhaps we need more reviewers :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back