Auzentech X-fi Bravura 7.1 Sneak Peek
Mar 16, 2010 at 12:40 AM Post #256 of 447
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The mode buttons are explained in the manual. They are basically there for different types of cans and microphones.

The stock opamps actually sound reasonable on this card but the card can sound so much better with some opamap upgrades. They are meant to be changed out so Auzentech used generic opamp to keep the price down.

I realize that the modes are 'explained' in the manual. They aren't 'explained' very well. I was hoping someone with more experience than myself played around with it and had some witty or intelligent suggestions.

I know the card supports opamp upgrades. That's why I asked about it! I sort of explained what I had previously and liked and what I use for hearing devices. Again, I was hoping someone with more knowledge than I could add some witty or intelligent suggestions.

Mar 18, 2010 at 7:29 PM Post #257 of 447
Well what do you need to know about the modes that is not explained in the manual? It is a pretty simple idea, you change modes based on the headphones you are using. If you are using high end cans you will use one mode and if you are using say cheaper generic type cans you would use another. There is a switchable filter that can be used in certain modes. The other switch is for different microphones, if you are using a high grade mic you use one mode and if you are using a cheaper generic type mic use another.

As for the opamps, many have been swapping out the stock opamps for some higher grade units. MEtal can version such as the LME49720HA, dual LME49710HA and recently I have been testing the OPA2111AM which sounds very good on this card.

Mar 21, 2010 at 6:03 AM Post #258 of 447
Hey this card doesn't support S/PDIF-in or PAP right?

I've checked and from what I can see the answer is "no" on both counts.
But just checking with ya'll as someone reckoned it should.

Pretty sure the only two that do PAP are; HDAV1.3 & HomeTheatre HD.
Which is a pretty sad indictment really....

Mar 23, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #262 of 447
Greetings fellow Bravura owners, just got my pair of AKG K 701s today and have a question regarding the I/O hard-switches on the PCB.

I've set MODE 1 to SET 1 when my PC was up and running, but does the set mode remain when the PC is powered down or is in sleep mode? I don't really feel like opening my case every time.

Thanks in advance,
reiserFS

Mar 23, 2010 at 4:00 PM Post #263 of 447
Sorry for the noob question..
but isn't x-fi something like a property of creative ??
or is Auzentech collaborating with creative to come out with x-fi ??
and stuff like cmss-3d.. eax..
how does Auzentech cards compare with creative sound blasters ??

Mar 23, 2010 at 4:27 PM Post #264 of 447
Quote:

Originally Posted by Junliang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry for the noob question..
but isn't x-fi something like a property of creative ??
or is Auzentech collaborating with creative to come out with x-fi ??
and stuff like cmss-3d.. eax..
how does Auzentech cards compare with creative sound blasters ??

Creative Licenses the technology to Auzentech.
Auzentechs X-Fi's use higher quality DAC's caps, opamps and are just overall better designed cards. However they usually carry a hefty price tag in comparison.
This card is a software card though as the chipset differs from the 20K1 and 20K2.

Their upcoming Titanium HD may be a shift in the tide where Creative is trying to aim at the higher price brackets. That upcoming card seems to take quite a few pages fromAuzentechs design books.

Mar 24, 2010 at 5:17 PM Post #266 of 447
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thinking of picking up one of these auzentechs. Which one do you recommend... the forte or the bravura?

it all boils down to whether you want your static noise to sound like BZZZZZZZZ or SSSSSSSSHHHHHHH. tough choice, I know.

read the last pages of both threads, and see for yourself
regular_smile .gif

PS: a friend of mine owned both, and sold both...due to noise issues.

Mar 24, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #267 of 447
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thinking of picking up one of these auzentechs. Which one do you recommend... the forte or the bravura?

The Forte is a hardware card and has the can amp also but you cannot modify the opamps on the card aside from the front outputs.

The Bravura is a software card but you can modify all the opamps on the card including the can amplifier. I game with it also and it is a very fast card must have some driver tweaking.
Most of the owners in this thread use custom opamps on the card which improves the sound over stock and tweaks it more to our personal systems.

Mar 24, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #268 of 447
Quote:

Originally Posted by reiserFS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Greetings fellow Bravura owners, just got my pair of AKG K 701s today and have a question regarding the I/O hard-switches on the PCB.

I've set MODE 1 to SET 1 when my PC was up and running, but does the set mode remain when the PC is powered down or is in sleep mode? I don't really feel like opening my case every time.

Thanks in advance,
reiserFS

Yes the setting is saved to the card. I only set it once and it has stayed the same ever since.

Mar 24, 2010 at 7:53 PM Post #269 of 447
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I game with it also and it is a very fast card must have some driver tweaking.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm really glad I bought this card, the sound gets better and better as it breaks in. Just bought two pairs of Sennheiser, one with 32 ohm and another one with 50 ohm, and the sound is really awesome.

Mar 24, 2010 at 8:39 PM Post #270 of 447
For sure, it is a good little card for the price. I use custom opamps also with this unit so it sounds better then stock. I use speaker and a set of HD595's with this source.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back