Auzentech X-fi Bravura 7.1 Sneak Peek
Sep 17, 2009 at 11:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 447

ROBSCIX

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys, there is a new exclusive sneak peak released of the upcoming Auzentech X-fi Bravura 7.1. There are a few design consideration I think would interest many users here. Such as seperate headphone output with proprietary design and replacable opamp.
I don't want to give away all the details here so you can have a look Here: Auzentech X-fi Bravura 7.1

Sep 17, 2009 at 11:59 AM Post #2 of 447
Mmm, sounds like a direct response to the Essence and having muti channel on the same card might well drive away some people need the extension on the ST.

Sep 17, 2009 at 12:05 PM Post #3 of 447
The can amp swappable opamp is very nice touch. I also notice they added a great deal of clearance around the opamp sockets for using dual To-99 modules.

There is also a secondary digital output for HDMI output.

Sep 17, 2009 at 1:05 PM Post #4 of 447
Good stuff, definitely looking forward to your full review. I wonder how much it'll cost..

Sep 17, 2009 at 1:13 PM Post #5 of 447
I am eagar to test this baby out. This information is very early in the design cycle.

I am glad they went back to the full swappable opamps on this card -including the seperate opamp for the headphone section.

Sep 17, 2009 at 1:30 PM Post #6 of 447
Robscix,

Thanks for the preview. I didn't realize you wrote for Guru3d. I've been reading your articles for some time now and didn't realize it. This looks like a killer audio card combining the sound quality of an STX with the X-fi's myriad of capabilities.

Looking forward to more!

Sep 17, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #7 of 447
What are the stock op-amps anyway? :p

Sep 17, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #9 of 447
Quote:

Originally Posted by RicHSAD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What are the stock op-amps anyway? :p

I think at this point it is undecided as I said this information is farily early in the design cycle.

They will possibly use something that is generic but still gives really good sound for those who don't change out their amps.
If I had to guess, I would say LM4562NA/LME4972NA for the Front channel and/or headphone amplifier and some well known generic opamps for the remaining channels.
You never know they may go with something totally new and high end!

Sep 17, 2009 at 8:41 PM Post #10 of 447
Would be nice to try a dual LME49710HA for the headphones. Load this card up with LME metal can verison all across the board. As I noticed this card leaves a great del of clearance around the opamps for using larger modules.

Sep 17, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #11 of 447
Well this looks damn good, now i won't have to wait for that stupid ST to get release in the states.

Independent headphone DAC and circuitry, seriously man you gotta love the way us head-fi'ers are getting royal treatment, great times for PC audio.

Sep 17, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #12 of 447
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuze /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Independent headphone DAC and circuitry, seriously man you gotta love the way us head-fi'ers are getting royal treatment, great times for PC audio.

Replacable opamp also for the headphone out. What I also noticed is many cards with heapdheons amplifiers will have the line outs being of higher quality then the headphone output. This card is the opposite, the heapdheons out is the output with the highest quality components and output specs.

Sep 17, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #13 of 447
EAX4? We're talking the same chip as the PCI-E Xtreme Audio then?

I'm thinking more home theatre and hi-fi than gaming.

Sep 17, 2009 at 10:06 PM Post #14 of 447
Quote:

Originally Posted by ear8dmg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EAX4? We're talking the same chip as the PCI-E Xtreme Audio then?

I'm thinking more home theatre and hi-fi than gaming.

I was also looking for X-Ram but it appear there is none, i wonder if its the same 20K2 processor that's on the Forte, i still play Battlefield2142 btw.

Sep 17, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #15 of 447
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuze /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was also looking for X-Ram but it appear there is none, i wonder if its the same 20K2 processor that's on the Forte, i still play Battlefield2142 btw.

As above with EAX4, I'm pretty sure it's not. In fact I think it's a new chip - the CA0110. It's the same one Audiotrack are using in their new X-Fi card (according to Wikipedia).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back