Authenticate Ath-Esw9 lots of pics
Aug 11, 2010 at 8:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

BudMan021

New Head-Fier
I picked up some esw9 headphones off ebay. The seller triple assured me they were authentic, has his own stereo shop. I just wanted to double check on here and see if you guys could authenticate them. The cups look to me to be too red. The sound was horrible out of the box but after about 12hrs of breakin there definately getting better. The mids were muffled and muddy and the highs were not existant but there both coming around. The packaging didnt really survive shipping  came a little damaged and it came with all the warranty info. Here are the pics

Aug 19, 2010 at 4:14 AM Post #3 of 8
yea i seen that thread sorry i said lots of pics it wouldnt let me post em cuz  im a newb. ended up being fake even though the seller stated authentic a few times. Dont buy from ai3tet or an acct associated with the emporers tea on ebay. Atleast im getting my money back and i just picked up some ultrasone hfi 780.

Aug 19, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #6 of 8
I know the pics are in no real order. The cans seem to look good in th pics but the cups are almost a burgandy with no finish and no gold specs in the logo on the cups. Maybe someone can use this as a reference.

Aug 19, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #7 of 8
The easiest way to tell is to look at the voice coil. On the real ones the voice coil is blue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back