Australian Headphone Retailers and Reputations [LISTING]
Jan 14, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #152 of 171
Just wanted to say, thank you for this thread!! Shame that there aren't any more distributors in the Brisbane area. It's so hard to purchase something without giving it a trial first.

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:37 AM Post #153 of 171
+1 for Noisy Motel. Billy is SUPER accommodating and nice. The range and prices are also amazing. He really knows his stuff! 11/10 for me.  Ive bought a fair bit there now also the go to Fischer Audio store in Australia. Cant wait to see what his bought back from CES!!!!

Apr 26, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #155 of 171
Just got home from Noisy Motel with my latest purchase - Fiio combo of E07K and E09K, I haven't even opened up the boxes yet but I couldn't have asked for better service! I literally gave Eleni no more than 10 minutes warning at 4pm on a Friday and she had everything I wanted in stock and gave me a great deal on these 2 amps + some Comply ear tips...

Will be back for a proper visit when it's time to move onto proper audiophile discoveries!

Thanks Noisy Motel!

Jul 27, 2013 at 10:27 PM Post #156 of 171
I've got a bit of feedback over a few different sellers here.

Starting with Noisy Motel. I've brought a few times from them and so far Billy has been very helpful and easy to chat to about the products. I've been able to go there on shorter notice and test products. Also had a IEM purchase, was at my place next day local postage.

Headphonic was where I brought my LCD2 rev 2, I had it in two days from dispatch from Perth to Melbourne. Super easy ordering method and immediately had a tracking number sent through. I had similar service buying Hifiman pads earlier in the year.

Addicted to Audio were also very easy to deal with and certainly helped out when I was testing headphones when I first got into hi end audio. I was able to do a good deal of auditioning and was guided through different set up's nicely. Very professional set up.

Jaben were also helpful, my first upgrade from my Sennheiser HD 418, the Beyer DT770 was purchased there. They knocked the price down a good bit for me and allowed me some 20+ minutes to have a proper listen to it and the dac/amp I was picking up.

Jul 28, 2013 at 4:55 AM Post #157 of 171
I can vouch for Addicted 2 Audio, I haven't been to the actual physical store but their website is easy to use and their free express shipping is a nice extra to have, bought my M50 and Fiio E17 from them. Good prices too in relative to other stores I have browsed through.

Nov 22, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #158 of 171
Jaben Australia need to get their online store in order. Half of the products are out of stock and many are not sold by them anymore.

A2A is great and friendly, but I usually always shop with Headphonic personally. Never had any trouble.

Dec 27, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #159 of 171
++ for Addicted To Audio - spent an hour & a bit in there last Monday auditioning A&K DAP's, nothing was too much trouble including cracking open a new AK100 MkII for me to audition (they didn't have a dedicated demo due to low stock levels). Guillaume was really helpful :wink:

Jan 19, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #160 of 171
McNuggetsPie,

I've just started working at Duratone recently, and we've still got a decent range of headphones, most of which are available for testing We've got some older Sennheisers and can order the HD800s or HD600s if they're what you're after (or anything else from the Sennheiser range, actually). But we've got quite a few AKG headphones on the floor that we're happy for you to try as well.

Good luck with your shopping!

Edit: Just realized that I mistook the posting date for being in 2014, but if you'd still like to come in the above is still true.

Feb 4, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #161 of 171
+++ for Noisy Motel. Nothing is too much trouble for Billy; great guy, knowledgeable, has that knack of giving you something you'll love to have a listen to based on having given him the bare minimum of info (what sound you're after/whatever)/what your current gear is - he just seems to 'know' what you'll like. Also, they might be 'little things', but throwing in silicone bands & an interconnect for nix when buying a portable amp is not something a retailer has to do by any stretch (plenty wouldn't) & is the sort of touch that turns people into long term customers when combined with the above.

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:41 AM Post #162 of 171
+++ for Noisy Motel. Nothing is too much trouble for Billy; great guy, knowledgeable, has that knack of giving you something you'll love to have a listen to based on having given him the bare minimum of info (what sound you're after/whatever)/what your current gear is - he just seems to 'know' what you'll like. Also, they might be 'little things', but throwing in silicone bands & an interconnect for nix when buying a portable amp is not something a retailer has to do by any stretch (plenty wouldn't) & is the sort of touch that turns people into long term customers when combined with the above.

It isn't the value that impress, but the willingness to take the extra step. That thought of how 'Oh he's getting a portable amp? He might need some silicon bands too! That might save him two week's wait from buying on Ebay' is just great customer service.

Feb 5, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #163 of 171
Yep spot on. The 'consideration' shown. That's really endearing in any retailer in Australia because of the ****ty service we tend to get from larger retailers in this country. Support local/small/'niche' retailers where you can :wink:

It isn't the value that impress, but the willingness to take the extra step. That thought of how 'Oh he's getting a portable amp? He might need some silicon bands too! That might save him two week's wait from buying on Ebay' is just great customer service.

Feb 5, 2014 at 7:36 AM Post #164 of 171

I'm yet to buy anything at the Noisy Motel, but having participated in the Melbourne meet I can confirm that it's absolute pleasure to deal with Billy and the "knack" that MistahBungle is talking about is a real thing. After a short conversation Billy was able to point me straight to the gear that was right down my alley. 
I would be very interested in any feedback regarding after sale support, as with other vendors it's usually less than stellar.

Feb 8, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #165 of 171
++ for Addicted To Audio - spent an hour & a bit in there last Monday auditioning A&K DAP's, nothing was too much trouble including cracking open a new AK100 MkII for me to audition (they didn't have a dedicated demo due to low stock levels). Guillaume was really helpful :wink:

X2

Have always had a good experience with A2A and I have spent a fair bit of time in the store and on the phone as well as having placed a number of orders with them over the last few years. They also have an excellent range of brands and in Australia there isn't much they don't carry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back