Australian Headphone Retailers and Reputations [LISTING]
Mar 3, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #106 of 171

Quote:

Hi Scott,

Unfortunately I can't seem to find your e-mail! Occasionally things get lost in the spam filter and I think yours might be one of the few unlucky ones.
In regards to the HE-500, we were told a few dates which turned out to be incorrect so we've stopped saying dates and all I can say is "soon" 
frown.gif

To nikp, I drove your purchase myself to your house because you wanted them that day. 
When you wanted to swap the headphones a few days later and couldn't come to the city, I drove all the way to your house again.

Just to clear it up, the problem was there was a one-off promotion that another Jaben was doing in a different country and nikp wanted a refund of the difference a month or so after he purchased the items.
We don't usually do these kinds of things so we had to straighten it out with the other store first which did take some time.
In the end we offered him the difference in store credit to make everyone happy and it was all sorted.

I must admit we do tend to reply a bit later since the store opened... It might take a few hours or in rare cases perhaps a day to get an e-mail reply.  We'll try our best to improve!
A phone call however will always be answered ASAP for obvious reasons! You guys can have my personal number as well if you need anything 0450 328 069

We're very grateful for the support from all you guys. For head-fiers we may be able to give a better price/make you a bundle on some items.
Worth a shot anyway, send us an e-mail or give us a call before a purchase =)

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Appreciated. I am in the market for another dac/amp and another set of headphones, so am just doing my research. I have two dac/amps and two headphones shortlisted. You guys have one of the amps and one of the headphones and a Melbourne competitor has the other items on the shortlist.

Mar 3, 2012 at 7:24 PM Post #107 of 171

Can't wait - lands this week in Melbourne - this will be sensational for anyone looking to spend $250-$500
 for a ripper DAC/Amp - think you guys know where 
smile.gif

Mar 3, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #108 of 171
I really need to find some time to get down to A2A again.

Mar 3, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #109 of 171

Quote:

Can't wait - lands this week in Melbourne - this will be sensational for anyone looking to spend $250-$500
 for a ripper DAC/Amp

Anything comparable in their line to the Burson HA-160D and CEntrance DACmini?

Mar 3, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #110 of 171

Quote:
Anything comparable in their line to the Burson HA-160D and CEntrance DACmini?

NFB10SE  DAC/PreAmp/HeadphoneAmp - $625AUD

Dual Wolfson 8741 DAC chips and a headphone amp that will see almost 10 full Watts at 25ohms,
 there's still 590mW pumping along at 600ohms.

I've auditioned it with a K702 and came away very impressed, quite neutral - it's not the warm box
 that is the Burson 160D but there's no question that on paper, the NFB10SE with it's fully balanced
 XLR connectivity and provision for a 4pin balanced headphone out - kicks major butt.

Mar 5, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #112 of 171

Quote:

Hi Scott,

Unfortunately I can't seem to find your e-mail! Occasionally things get lost in the spam filter and I think yours might be one of the few unlucky ones.
In regards to the HE-500, we were told a few dates which turned out to be incorrect so we've stopped saying dates and all I can say is "soon" 
frown.gif

To nikp, I drove your purchase myself to your house because you wanted them that day. 
When you wanted to swap the headphones a few days later and couldn't come to the city, I drove all the way to your house again.

Just to clear it up, the problem was there was a one-off promotion that another Jaben was doing in a different country and nikp wanted a refund of the difference a month or so after he purchased the items.
We don't usually do these kinds of things so we had to straighten it out with the other store first which did take some time.
In the end we offered him the difference in store credit to make everyone happy and it was all sorted.

I must admit we do tend to reply a bit later since the store opened... It might take a few hours or in rare cases perhaps a day to get an e-mail reply.  We'll try our best to improve!
A phone call however will always be answered ASAP for obvious reasons! You guys can have my personal number as well if you need anything 0450 328 069

We're very grateful for the support from all you guys. For head-fiers we may be able to give a better price/make you a bundle on some items.
Worth a shot anyway, send us an e-mail or give us a call before a purchase =)

I'm not referring to that incident Josh and I never complained about it. And furthermore, why is an isolated personal matter exposed in the thread (in detail)? I wish I could elaborate further but unfortunately I had no screenshots whatsoever because the transaction happened a few months ago. Why bring it back when everything is settled? And I don't recall receiving an invoice which is a bit strange but I trust Josh that he won't stuff up.

This is what happened recently (2012):
- On Jan 29, I enquired about the GoVibe Peak: Does it have a buffer? (No response so far)
- I called the store about the EX1000 about two weeks ago and until today I haven't receive any response.

I simply said that the customer service at Jaben needs to be improved. I did not even leave a negative feedback. A misunderstanding, but anyway, I'll put that behind me. Nice dealing with you.

EDIT: The promotion was http://www.head-fi.org/t/585354/jaben-new-store-opening and http://jaben.net/forums/index.php?topic=21887.0 which is AUSTRALIAN. 

Mar 12, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #113 of 171

Go Jaben over Audiophile if that's the other stockist you were thinking about.
Quote:

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Appreciated. I am in the market for another dac/amp and another set of headphones, so am just doing my research. I have two dac/amps and two headphones shortlisted. You guys have one of the amps and one of the headphones and a Melbourne competitor has the other items on the shortlist.

Mar 13, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #115 of 171

Quote:
Go Jaben over Audiophile if that's the other stockist you were thinking about.

Negative. A2A.

DACmini + HE-500 vs HA-160D + LCD-2

Mar 13, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #116 of 171

Quote:
Negative. A2A.

DACmini + HE-500 vs HA-160D + LCD-2

I would not write off the Audio-gd NFB-5 ~ spent a bit of time with it today and I still cannot get my head around how good it sounds for under $450AUD.

confused.gif

Mar 13, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #117 of 171

Quote:
 I would not write off the Audio-gd NFB-5 ~ spent a bit of time with it today and I still cannot get my head around how good it sounds for under $450AUD.

confused.gif

Definitely got me intrigued.

Mar 13, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #118 of 171

Quote:
Definitely got me intrigued.

Yep it's all about functionality with Audio-gd - the finish quality and general look compared to CEntrance or Burson leaves a bit to be desired
 in terms of aesthetics - the whole chassis is just simple folded steel painted in matt black - but inside, the componentry is top notch.

Genuine Neutrik headphone socket, ALPS Japanese volume pot, Vishay capacitors throughout  - not the sort of thing you expect to
 see even under $1100.

Mar 14, 2012 at 5:28 AM Post #119 of 171
 Yep it's all about functionality with Audio-gd - the finish quality and general look compared to CEntrance or Burson leaves a bit to be desired
 in terms of aesthetics - the whole chassis is just simple folded steel painted in matt black - but inside, the componentry is top notch.

Genuine Neutrik headphone socket, ALPS Japanese volume pot, Vishay capacitors throughout  - not the sort of thing you expect to
 see even under $1100.

Good info. Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back