Austin Meet - Interest Check?
Oct 13, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #61 of 82
Yes! I would definitely be interested in a meetup. I attended the last one in Austin, but still had not wrapped my head around head-fi. I was uninitiated and I didn't understand what I was looking at. 2 years and a tube amp/DAC, and an entire living room setup later, I've been wondering as of late if another meetup would happen.

Let's make it happen!

Oct 13, 2015 at 3:22 PM Post #63 of 82
I live in north Texas, but I would love to make the drive to Austin for a meet.

Ditto.

Can bring Schiit Uberfrost, Bifrost Multibit, Lyr 2, Hifiman HE 500, ZMF Vibro, Audeze LCD-XC, VMODA Xfade Wireless.*

Also have Magni2uber, Modi2Uber, Monoprice amp/dac, Sony MA900, AKG K7XX Massdrop, K 267 Tiesto, if there is any interest.*

*Lineup subject to change

Oct 13, 2015 at 4:45 PM Post #64 of 82
I would drive down from Dallas again for another meetup. Always a good time!

Oct 14, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #67 of 82
In addition to scoping out the libraries, we're working on a large business space that might be available to us. Probably won't know on that one for about a week.

--

Just took a moment to start the interest list for this meet. Scouring this thread, the SA thread, and pms I've received in reply to my spam, we're currently at 32 interested members, possibly 33. I have not counted any vendors yet, but expect the usual locals, ZMF, Double Helix, Cavalli and maybe some others (RK Audiology (IEMs/CIEMs), etc) to come. Not going to pursue vendors like I did last time, so out of town vendors will only come if they find out about our meet on their own.

--

As soon as we have a firm location and date, I'll start a new thread with all of the information in the OP. I'll post a link in this thread when that happens.

Oct 14, 2015 at 9:03 PM Post #68 of 82
Maxvia,

Absolutely I will be there!  Two additional years of live jazz and wind ensemble recordings from Trinity University.  And I will bring the Nagras, and the Sound Devices unit for playback.   

Oct 14, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #70 of 82
Nothing more than what I posted above. Probably won't have anything firm for another week to week and a half. We do have several working options for a mid to late January meet, so expect it to happen.

Oct 20, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #74 of 82
Hi Ben. I'll add you to the list!

Oct 23, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #75 of 82
A room as been found! Date not yet set, but should be set today or very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back