Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner
Mar 25, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #1,247 of 1,320
I am currently looking to offload some odds and ends .

Sennheiser Momentum in ears (iems/cable only)
Orivetti Basic iem (case, box, cable included, not sure about tips, would.need to check the box at work)
Ifi idefender
Shure BT1 Bluetooth iem cable.

Let me know if you might be interested in anything. Open to trades also. Not sure what for as I have iems.

But open to ideas .

Apr 27, 2018 at 7:20 AM Post #1,248 of 1,320
Hey Ya'll,

I have a PS Audio LANRover for sale if anyone was curious about trying one.

Sounds amazing if I am honest in my system.
I haven't used it over LAN, only point to point, with excellent results.

I am in the process of needing a PC upgrade for uni so it will likely fund a GFX card or a CPU and MOBO :)

Have a good one eh>?? :D

Scott

May 5, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #1,250 of 1,320
@Loquah If I am a first timer at soldering, would it be possible to build a Bottlehead Crack or S.E.X easily if I take my time? And how are the instructions? I'm thinking of trying my hand at it. Just would like some advice like what wattage soldering iron and what kind of solder. Caps and other fiddly bits, I will ask later.

May 31, 2018 at 5:17 AM Post #1,251 of 1,320
Warning to anyone buying tubes via EBay
Just received an email from a very friendly chap at Pitney Bowes ie the people who run the dreaded Global Shipping program . Seems the set of four pristine 1944 National Union 7n7 tubes I purchased have been destroyed because they "may have contained mercury"
I will receive a refund but it is sad to see something like this wasted . Avoid the global shipping program !!

May 31, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #1,252 of 1,320
@Loquah If I am a first timer at soldering, would it be possible to build a Bottlehead Crack or S.E.X easily if I take my time? And how are the instructions? I'm thinking of trying my hand at it. Just would like some advice like what wattage soldering iron and what kind of solder. Caps and other fiddly bits, I will ask later.

Sorry for the VERY slow response!!! I'm not here as often these days. If you're still wondering, the SEX is actually a more challenging build than the Mainline because it's quite a tight fit with fiddly components. The Mainline is beautifully spaced out and very straight-forward, but it might take a little longer. Both COULD be done by a beginner so long as you're careful and get yourself a little bit of education on soldering (via YouTube videos) before you start.

Jun 8, 2018 at 1:37 AM Post #1,254 of 1,320
Hi All,

Do you love your Aeon Opens but lament the offensive noise of the world around you?
Do you long for moments of peace, oblivious to you surroundings, engulfed by your favorite tracks?

Do I have a deal for you!!!!

I have a pair of Aeon Closed.
Why give up the wondrous sound quality in aid of escape from external turmoil when you can simply swap?

Why do I wish to complete such a trade when I am living in a world of silent bliss?
My wife keeps sneaking up on me!!!

No in seriousness, I do not use my headphones in a work environment anymore and so closed back is not crucial and I would appreciate being able to hear my son when he gets up at night, or my wife when she calls out.

I need not for silence any longer.

Drop me a line if you are in a completely dissimilar situation and would consider a trade :)

Scott

Oct 2, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #1,257 of 1,320
Hey, not too sure if anyone else visits here anymore haha.

I was wondering if anyone had any advice.

I am looking to either build or buy a Bottlehead Crack.
I am curious about building an amp and well I have a love of tubes (coming from a guitar background also).

That said I am not dead set on building if one comes up that I cannot pass up.

Does anyone have any advice to a would be first time amp builder? (Yes I can solder, yes I understand dont cross the streams... I have seen Ghost busters).

Peace!

Scott

Oct 3, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #1,259 of 1,320
PS, here is my new toy.

Valve+SS hybrid headphone amp, and pre-amp.

Designed and developed in Germany, made in China. Sweeeeeet.

jcfwc3lq4gp11.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back