1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner

First

Back
73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82
84 85 86
Next

Last
  1. Loquah
    Burty likes this.
  2. White Lotus
    Thanks mate!

I've been writing there for a few years.

Full scope of my reviews available here:

https://www.stereo.net.au/associated-posts/40

Thanks mate. For years I cringed at the question itself..

I remember one time I emailed Billy for a recommendation on NC and he wrote back saying "Oh no!!"

Classic - I felt the same way!

How have you guys all been?

Loquah likes this.
  3. Loquah
    I had a year of poor health (adrenal fatigue) last year, but much better now and back into life - just pacing myself better. Back to enjoying music and Head-Fi, etc.

4. White Lotus
    Sorry to hear about your poor health mate, glad to hear you're doing better.

Still living the rotary engine life?

5. Computer Lounge
    For me the best NC headphone, from a sound quality perspective is the Audio Technica ATH-MSR7NC, though the noise-cancelling ability is nowhere near that of the QC35s, MDR1000Xs, and the PSC550s.

Ultimately the moment you introduce ANC, the sound quality is going to suffer, but the MSR7NC is the best I've heard to date,

// Alex

6. Loquah
    Yes, still a Rotary man. Had to get a new diff last year, but it lead to a slight handling improvement so who's complaining!?

By the way, crew, I finished a new video review last night if anyone's interested. I'm trying to get my views up so YouTube will take me seriously :wink: any views and/or shares would be hugely appreciated

White Lotus likes this.
  7. White Lotus
    Solid review mate, keep up the good work!

PS, to everyone following my quest for Bottlehead gear, my quest has lead to a positive end:

[​IMG]

Custom hand-built OTL amp by a fellew Melbourne Head-fi enthusiast Retro-thermionic - "Sanctorum".

Some details:

8. Brooko Contributor
    Beautiful Jensy. How does it sound?

9. Loquah
    Yeah - looks gorgeous!!!! Like Brooko said, how does it sound AND What are you driving with it?

10. wink
    If it sounds good but has poor noise cancelling properties, it may be that the noise cancelling was not switched on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:ksc75smile:

11. wink
    SRoo9 NC.jpg

12. Computer Lounge
    A great review! If you want to get serious, it may pay to build a 'set' instead of using a photo gallery in the background.

Everything else is spot on!

// Alex

13. Loquah
    Thanks Alex. The set is actually on the way...

14. Computer Lounge
    Perfect! Now all I need to do is find a video reviewer with your talent in New Zealand so that I Computer Lounge can do headphone reviews :L3000:

// Alex

15. Suopermanni
    If any Aussie Head-Fier's are interested, I am selling a HiFiMAN HE500 (with comfort strap and Audeze pads) in good condition with 3m 4 pin balanced cable.

First

Back
73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82
84 85 86
Next

Last