Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner
May 4, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #511 of 1,320
PL50s, my first step in this hobby... Still my bed-time rig :)

May 5, 2012 at 1:03 AM Post #512 of 1,320
Does anyone know where can I get a Denon D5000 in Australia, hopefully under $450?

There is this store Outback Photo it has the D5000 for $379.95 + $75.99 duty fee which brings the price to $455.94, I'm a bit suspicious of this website plus one has to pay by credit card which I don't feel very comfortable with.

http://outbackphoto.com.au/product/ID94C29/google

I could buy second hand as well but there is no one selling it locally atm.

May 5, 2012 at 5:29 AM Post #514 of 1,320
Quote:
Does anyone know where can I get a Denon D5000 in Australia, hopefully under $450?

There is this store Outback Photo it has the D5000 for $379.95 + $75.99 duty fee which brings the price to $455.94, I'm a bit suspicious of this website plus one has to pay by credit card which I don't feel very comfortable with.

http://outbackphoto.com.au/product/ID94C29/google

I could buy second hand as well but there is no one selling it locally atm.

Buying the higher end Denons is in my opinion the most risky Head-Fi venture in Australia, the local models are
 inflated because the local distributor hikes up the prices so most folk tend to go 'grey market' such as this.

Big problem though - broken screw issue with cups or a blown driver means that once you've paid that amount,
 Denon here in Australia will look up your #serial and see that it is from Malaysia, Thailand etc etc

No service for you mate, even with a fee - nothing - that Denon D5000 turns into a very expensive door stop :-/

May 5, 2012 at 6:14 AM Post #515 of 1,320
Quote:

Buying the higher end Denons is in my opinion the most risky Head-Fi venture in Australia, the local models are
 inflated because the local distributor hikes up the prices so most folk tend to go 'grey market' such as this.

Big problem though - broken screw issue with cups or a blown driver means that once you've paid that amount,
 Denon here in Australia will look up your #serial and see that it is from Malaysia, Thailand etc etc

No service for you mate, even with a fee - nothing - that Denon D5000 turns into a very expensive door stop :-/

I get your point and appreciate your comment, however looking at one of Denon's Authorized dealer here in Australia they want $1199 for a pair of D5000, with this sort of money I can buy at least two new ones in the US.
See here: http://www.digitalcinema.com.au/Denon-AHD5000-Reference-Over-Ear-Headphones-p/denon-ahd5000-headphones.htm

May 5, 2012 at 7:57 AM Post #516 of 1,320
Quote:
hi thanks. um here is a screen shot of my page, they just dont seem to be there..

unless im in the wrong page, it seems to be the same as yours.

Apologies, but due to a problem with spambots filling their profiles with links, I put a restriction on profile editing for new members for a while.

May 6, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #517 of 1,320
I walked past the Ordio store in Bondi and saw they were doing a discount on Denon one weekend. Perhaps you could go and get a better price in-store or at the HiFiTrader in Newtown?

On the subject of Denon I'm hopping another Aussie might see this, since the classified is rather obscure in the accessories subforum. I'm after a pair of stock Denon D2000 / D5000 D700 earpads for experimentaiton. Does anyone have a pair that need a good home?

http://www.head-fi.org/t/608755/wtb-stock-denon-d2000-d5000-d7000-earpads

May 7, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #519 of 1,320
Addicted To Audio, is now the official Australian Distributor for Grado Labs Headphones and Cartridges.

Yes very good news. I was just on your website last night ordering a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50s for my wife and noticed you now stock CEntrance. Went back today to have another look as I am in the market for a DACmini and noticed the addition of Grado.

But I can only see the lower end models. Any plans on adding the RS1i?

I bought the Alessandro MS1i recently from elsewhere when I really wanted the Grado SR225i but back then it was nearly impossible to by anything Grado in Australia.

May 7, 2012 at 6:46 AM Post #520 of 1,320
Quote:
Yes very good news. I was just on your website last night ordering a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50s for my wife and noticed you now stock CEntrance. Went back today to have another look as I am in the market for a DACmini and noticed the addition of Grado.
I bought the Alessandro MS1i recently from elsewhere when I really wanted the Grado SR225i but back then it was nearly impossible to by anything Grado in Australia.

Full range is up on their site now! Good on George for pretty much matching the US retail market too, dollar for dollar. 695 Aussie big ones gets you the sacred RS1i,.

May 7, 2012 at 6:52 AM Post #521 of 1,320
Quote:

Hey ScottV50,

Yes the entire range is coming into stock in about 2 weeks, ALL with be available for Audition and all Headphones are now listed with a bit of tidying up tomorrow.

Cheers,

George

Addicted To Audio

Email: george@addictedtoaudio.com.au
Web: www.addictedtoaudio.com.au
www.facebook.com/AddictedtoAudio

May 7, 2012 at 7:07 AM Post #522 of 1,320
 Full range is up on their site now! Good on George for pretty much matching the US retail market too, dollar for dollar. 695 Aussie big ones gets you the sacred RS1i,.

Yeah my fingers are getting itchy!!!! :D

May 7, 2012 at 7:09 AM Post #523 of 1,320
Hey ScottV50,

Yes the entire range is coming into stock in about 2 weeks, ALL with be available for Audition and all Headphones are now listed with a bit of tidying up tomorrow.

Good one. Now figuring out when I have to do a client visit in Melbourne next!

May 7, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #524 of 1,320
Just wondering if the A2A located in Kew East has the Violectric V200/181 on display or at least able to audition it? Need to hear on before pulling the plug on one to see how much of a stepup it is over my V100.

May 7, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #525 of 1,320
Fellow Aussie head-fiers, we are trying to gather momentum to organise a meeting in Adelaide SA.

If any of you guys are interested or would be around town in the next few weeks or month you'd be more than welcome to come along, also if you know any South Aussie head-fier please send he/she over to our meeting thread here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/592740/adelaide-meet

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back