Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner
May 7, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #526 of 1,320
wish I have time to visit next week still want to try the national. 
btw can you please categorize your brand by alphabet order?  it's difficult for me to find by brand 
Quote:

Hey ScottV50,

Yes the entire range is coming into stock in about 2 weeks, ALL with be available for Audition and all Headphones are now listed with a bit of tidying up tomorrow.

Cheers,

George

Addicted To Audio

May 7, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #527 of 1,320
Quote:
Just wondering if the A2A located in Kew East has the Violectric V200/181 on display or at least able to audition it? Need to hear on before pulling the plug on one to see how much of a stepup it is over my V100.

Yep, both are out on demo. To be honest, unless you are after a balanced setup - they do have ALO HD800/LCD2/LCD3
 4-pin XLR cables to try out - the V200 will be the one to assess for 1/4 inch use.

May 7, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #528 of 1,320
 Full range is up on their site now! Good on George for pretty much matching the US retail market too, dollar for dollar. 695 Aussie big ones gets you the sacred RS1i,.

got excited about potentially grabbing some 325's but they are not quite at the don't think about it and just do it price. Well not tonight anyway.....

May 7, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #529 of 1,320
Quote:
got excited about potentially grabbing some 325's but they are not quite at the don't think about it and just do it price. Well not tonight anyway.....

You need some burn in. Doesn't matter if its white or pink, as long as the reviews are positive, your wallet should ease just enough to tame the sibilant dollars and let the 325s shine.

Or, put A2A and head-fi as your homepage.

May 8, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #530 of 1,320
Quote:

Yep, both are out on demo. To be honest, unless you are after a balanced setup - they do have ALO HD800/LCD2/LCD3
 4-pin XLR cables to try out - the V200 will be the one to assess for 1/4 inch use.

This indeed is good news and has made my day (and few other things). Just gotta free up some time to make a drive to Kew now I guess.

May 9, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #531 of 1,320
I have to say a big Kudos to Addicted to Audio. Their service is really great and I have also noticed that they are now selling the Grado 325 at $329.

That one is certainly on my radar. Not that I need another set of cans ......but....it is bound to happen. :D

May 9, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #532 of 1,320
Quote:
I have to say a big Kudos to Addicted to Audio. Their service is really great and I have also noticed that they are now selling the Grado 325 at $329.
That one is certainly on my radar. Not that I need another set of cans ......but....it is bound to happen.
biggrin.gif

+1, they've been great to me.

May 9, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #533 of 1,320
I think there are some ath w3000anv on sale for a nice price too. sometimes I feel so glad to not have saved up 1k in my bank...

May 10, 2012 at 1:30 AM Post #534 of 1,320
Just came back from A2A after a quick half hour or so audition with the HD800/LCD2 Rev.2 with the Violectric V200 and now I have mixed impressions of whether to buy it or not and sell off my V100. 

Big thanks to the representative (didn't get your name) who allowed me audition the amp and headphones.

May 10, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #535 of 1,320
Quote:
Just came back from A2A after a quick half hour or so audition with the HD800/LCD2 Rev.2 with the Violectric V200

What are your impressions and comparisons?

May 10, 2012 at 5:17 AM Post #536 of 1,320
Quote:

What are your impressions and comparisons?

I only had about half or so before I had to get a tram ride back to Swin for my next lab. But here are some impressions in a nut shell (not in detail) 

(Note: I only auditioned the V200 because I currently own a V100 (on loan to a friend) and had to give the V200 a listen to see if it's that much of a justifiable upgrade over the V100). I also asked about whether or not the V200 is suitable for opamp rolling as it accomodates the OPAMP2134 or something by stock default, the rep (need to grab his name sometime I visit again) said that few have experimented with rolling better opamp's, some have reported that there is a slight sound quality change for the better, but the rep said, in the end, unit's opened up and modded voids the warranty and the Violectric guys at Germany won't like it as other damage caused such as DC offset by opamp rolling can come into play etc etc.

So Setup 1 I chose all the part's to mimic what I have at home:

Violectric V200 > HD800 using what looks like a 8 strand braid (4 ground, 4(2) for channels) ALO custom cable's > Some custom Red RCA to 3.5mm jack > source is my laptop as I came unprepared 

No gain settings (gain for both channels on neutral), volume at recommended 12 o'Clock

Ok first thing is first and from experience, the V200 (like my V100) just sound "ok" with the HD800's but there was a bit rumble to the low-end whilst playing some electronic music and ambient music, this low-end rumble isn't what I call sub-bass but it's hard to describe as I only had about 2 songs playing. I asked for the LCD2's next which is what I prefer my Violectric's for and pairs extremely well with.

Swapped the HD800's for LCD2 rev.2's using the stock cable (the non Canare one). Unfortunately I couldn't get a good seal with the right side due to the hinges being a bit busted so I had to have one hand pushing the cup inwards my ear's to get a decent seal. 

With the LCD2's, the difference is a bit more then say 10%(slightly better mid's, presentation retains the same, no change to soundstage, treble sounds "oh-my-god") for about 30% of the price increase from the V100 to the V200. Playing the same songs (all FLAC) gave me a few moments of which I don't remember hearing from my V100's > my LCD2 rev.1 before. The LCD2's showed there is a slightly noticable gap between the sound quality of the V100 and V200's, the latter having a slight edge over the V100. The Violectric range is still what I recommend for LCD2 owner's, I haven't heard the LCD3 yet so I cannot recommend them.

Few other things to clear up with people's mind's, by default V200's don't come with the DAC module board, you can buy them separately (about $180) and the V100 and V181 is the same except the V181 has a 4 pin balanced XLR output for balanced can's.

Final verdict:

Will I be getting the V200's? I told the rep I will be back soon with my own gear prepared for an onslaught battle between my soon-to-be-modded V100's and the V200's, so possibly yes I might get them. At this stage I'm unsure as I've spent quarter of my wallet savings on some Piccolino wire today, so the V200 is forseeable as being on my to buy list for the moment.

Final note 2 myself:
Thank god I bought the LCD2 rev.1's and not the rev.2's. My LCD2 rev.1's were one of the last few rev.1 production models before the rev.2 came out, the difference between the rev.1 and rev.2 in my ear is, rev.1 slightly darker (blind testing will show no difference between the two types of signatures), rev.1 has slightly bit more bass presence, rev.2 is all about the treble, slightly more neutral and smooth at the end's but no more then 5-8% difference between the two for the treble. Once I get my V100 back from my chick mate, I will be playing around with the gain settings for each channel and most likely opamp rolling, modding it as the usual thing I do 
biggrin.gif

P.S. The cables used with the HD800 during the audition process is quite expensive: http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/ALO-Audio-CHS1872SP-Sennheiser-HD800-Headphone-Cable-6ft

May 10, 2012 at 8:09 AM Post #537 of 1,320
Have any of you blokes bought from accessoryjack.com before? I've heard mostly good things with people receiving genuine products but the fact that it comes from Hong Kong puts me off a bit.

They sure do have some ripper deals on there if they turn out to be completely legit.

May 10, 2012 at 9:13 AM Post #538 of 1,320
Quote:
Have any of you blokes bought from accessoryjack.com before? I've heard mostly good things with people receiving genuine products but the fact that it comes from Hong Kong puts me off a bit.

They sure do have some ripper deals on there if they turn out to be completely legit.

Accessoryjack is pretty much as legit as it gets. If you look around the forum, generally most people have positive things to say about them. I've gotten a few items from there in the past.

The thing is that even in Hong Kong its harder to find counterfeit goods nowadays. That business has shifted to Shenzhen, or even other parts of China.

May 11, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #540 of 1,320
Quote:

Accessoryjack is pretty much as legit as it gets. If you look around the forum, generally most people have positive things to say about them. I've gotten a few items from there in the past.

The thing is that even in Hong Kong its harder to find counterfeit goods nowadays. That business has shifted to Shenzhen, or even other parts of China.

That's really good to know. I'll probably make a few purchases from them in the future. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back