Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner
Apr 18, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #481 of 1,320
Just noticed that. I'm not selling mine but if you want to I can let you try them :)

Quote:
hey guys,

just popping in to say hi!

i'm a medstudent from that lives right near UNSW, so just offering if anyone wants to play around or have a listen to the limited stuff that i own let me know :).

nearly pulling the trigger on a stepdance and 15 volt mod. now just need some full sized earphones to actually use it with. I'm currently running ipod --> Whiplash USB LOD --> HPP1. Was thinking about maybe finding a cheap pair of HD600's? Has anyone got some suggestions?

since meeting up with currawong in Japan and hearing his transportable set up... it's all gone downhill/uphill from there!

cheers!

Apr 18, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #483 of 1,320
@ Zeruel - their pre-amp looks amazing, and certainly looks to have some great reviews!

The bloke's popping the WA2 into the mail Thursday in the US and sending it to me via express air freight so it should get here some time next week. Can't wait.

Head-fi upgrade itis is a scary thing!

Apr 18, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #484 of 1,320

Quote:

i'm a medstudent from that lives right near UNSW, so just offering if anyone wants to play around or have a listen to the limited stuff that i own let me know :).

nearly pulling the trigger on a stepdance and 15 volt mod. now just need some full sized earphones to actually use it with. I'm currently running ipod --> Whiplash USB LOD --> HPP1. Was thinking about maybe finding a cheap pair of HD600's? Has anyone got some suggestions?

since meeting up with currawong in Japan and hearing his transportable set up... it's all gone downhill/uphill from there!

cheers!

I'm a UNSW / COFA student! A UNSW meet would be nice haha.

Also cheeq, I don't know if its the kind of sound you'd be after but I'm selling a pair of Audio Technica AD900's. :)

Apr 18, 2012 at 9:38 PM Post #485 of 1,320
Oh i was checking your akg out on fs last night.:)

We have four now.

Edit:
1. Ur from hk too?
2. I must meet ur sa3000... And i'm sure gf would be interested in ur.ad2000.

Wna pm me ur contract details?

Apr 18, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #486 of 1,320

Quote:
Oh i was checking your akg out on fs last night.
smily_headphones1.gif

We have four now.
Edit:
1. Ur from hk too?
2. I must meet ur sa3000... And i'm sure gf would be interested in ur.ad2000.
Wna pm me ur contract details?

I am absolutely from Hong Kong. My nicely modded SA3000's are absolutely worth meeting! Right now I'm actually seriously considering selling the AD2000 though, so they might disappear before anyone gets a chance to listen! The cash would be nice to have on hand and I actually prefer my SA3000's now. A UNSW meet sounds awesome, since actually we could go into almost any quiet CATS room. 

I'll shoot you a PM :)

Apr 18, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #487 of 1,320
You did not just buy the SA3000 for $100 from another seller in AUS did you..? I was only a few hours behind that sale

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #488 of 1,320

Quote:
You did not just buy the SA3000 for $100 from another seller in AUS did you..? I was only a few hours behind that sale

*coughs*

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:08 AM Post #489 of 1,320
You go on far too frequent... I thought I'm on headfi a lot already

People often say the SAx000 needs a good tube amp. I don't think your O2 helps with their highs. I have a Darkvoice and trust me your SA3000 is crying for my ownership. $100.05?

anyways pm/email me instead. We are hi-jacking the thread.

Let's make it an official small meet.

UNSW Head-fiers Meet

Date: Soon but still to be decided
Venue: Kensington Area, most likely inside UNSW

Whoever feels like coming to a really casual meet please pm me. Depending on the participation number I might organize it thru emails or open a new thread.

Apr 19, 2012 at 12:11 AM Post #490 of 1,320

Quote:
You go on far too frequent... I thought I'm on headfi a lot already

I'm actually trying to scale back my presence. It's too distracting!

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #491 of 1,320
finally put some time on my DT880's the last few days with my Lyr with Matsu****a Japan 6922 E88CC tubes,

very happy sums up how i feel about them, what a great can for hip hop and dance.

i love my K701's as well but not for hip hop and dance, they are for everything else.

Apr 19, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #493 of 1,320
has anyone been watching the cycling by any chance? 

green edge has been doing alright, second place last night in the Fleche Wallone. with Gerran's Milan San Remo and the Tour Down Under they've done well so far this year i reckon.

Apr 19, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #494 of 1,320

Quote:

I hope this wasn't due to his addiction to head-fi...

Nah erm, one finished his PG... The other one, went on with his PHD in well, harvard. applied physics freaggin hell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back