Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Oct 10, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #3,346 of 3,454
So my Rockets just broke a couple of days ago, the left earpiece is shorting prob something with the cable. 

Was hoping they'd last a bit longer. 

I wonder if that "lifetime warranty" thing still is in effect. Now that they're bought by Fender and all. 

A company can't just shirk what is effectively a legal liability with no actionable consequences. Not at all to imply that Aurisonics/Fender would.

Unless there are situations like bankruptcy proceedings.

Usually when a company buys another, they purchase assets and liabilities (warranty liabilities would be applicable here). Unless other arrangements are made by the purchased company to offload the liabilities.

Edit: fwiw =/

Oct 11, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #3,347 of 3,454
So my Rockets just broke a couple of days ago, the left earpiece is shorting prob something with the cable. 

Was hoping they'd last a bit longer. 

I wonder if that "lifetime warranty" thing still is in effect. Now that they're bought by Fender and all. 

I've had the same problem last week: right channel sort of fainted but it would come back if I put pressure on a certain part of the cable.. I didn't expect it to happen that soon either. Unfortunately I'm in Europe and sending them back could take more than a month or two, plus I've heard that the Aurisonics customer service was somehow a bit messed up by the Fender take-over. Not sure what I could do.

Nov 12, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #3,351 of 3,454
Mine are going strong. Sorry if this is obvious: Have you tried emailing them @fender ?

Nov 12, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #3,352 of 3,454
  Hello Rockets-Community,

Are there any owners planning on parting with their (functional) units?

-TheDreamthinker

Well, you kinda gave the answer yourself.
wink.gif

Nov 12, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #3,355 of 3,454
Still haven't contacted Aurisonics/Fender about my issue yet.

This week the right channel completely died, and the failure is happening at the jack's strain relief. It's a total pity since I'm in love with their unique design philosophy and smooth/detailed sound.

I'll try to reach them next week since my ears really want the full-blast Rocket experience back.

Nov 25, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #3,358 of 3,454
Oh Andy, where art thou. Need my Rockets replaced. The right channel sound is cutting off. If anyone here knows what is going on with the team at Aurisonic/Fender in regards to warranty for the Rockets, please post and keep us updated. Thanks in advance. 

Nov 28, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #3,359 of 3,454
I'm also having problems with my Rockets. Andy responded to me once and then disappeared again. This would be the 2nd time with driver issues with my Rockets. The first time took like 2 months for the repair, but at least Andy responded to my emails and kept me up to date. These were advertised to be close to indestructible with crazy durability and good warranty. Those were my purchasing points... I'm kind of disappointed with these tbh. They were great when they worked though :frowning2:

Nov 28, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #3,360 of 3,454
  Still haven't contacted Aurisonics/Fender about my issue yet.

This week the right channel completely died, and the failure is happening at the jack's strain relief. It's a total pity since I'm in love with their unique design philosophy and smooth/detailed sound.

I'll try to reach them next week since my ears really want the full-blast Rocket experience back.

Many people reported one side cut off.  If I understood correctly, it is not the driver issue but the jack issue. Can this be repaired if we change the 3.5mm jack?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back