Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Dec 16, 2016 at 2:53 AM Post #3,376 of 3,454
HELP, PLEASE!!

Has anyone changed from stock 3.5mm jack to their own to fix the either side sound cut off issue? I am trying to do it so open up the cable and remove the insulation and found this..

Both side has red and black cables. Not sure which one is ground and which one is each channel. I guess that black is ground so I need to put both black cables together and each red cable is belong to each channel (red from right hand side is right channel and red from left hand side is left channel). Can anyone please confirm this for me so I do not make dumb mistake while soldering? 

Thank you....

Dec 23, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #3,378 of 3,454
Tried to call the French division of Fender customer service today... can't reach them.

Does anyone have other email adresses I could send my requests to (other than andy@aurisonics.com and arowley@fender.com)?

Dec 27, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #3,380 of 3,454
Just nabbed a sealed pair of these for a cool $105 US. Dubious reliability record be damned--I can't wait to take 'em for a spin!

Oh, so you're the one who won the bid on eBay? 
biggrin.gif
 I followed it out of curiosity.

Congrats, I'm sure you'll love 'em.

Dec 27, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #3,381 of 3,454
Oh, so you're the one who won the bid on eBay? :D  I followed it out of curiosity.

Congrats, I'm sure you'll love 'em.

Yessir! :stuck_out_tongue:

I usually limit my ebaying to Buy It Now listings so it was kind of nice to feel the nail-biting excitement of the 60-second countdown again. Not planning to make a habit of it though!

I think these will be a nice change of pace from the FXT90s I've been using for the past 5 years. Their upper-mid/lower-treble harshness never completely went away and I got tired of feeling like glass spikes were being driven into my ears at plane-friendly volumes. The rolled off treble and neutral/warm sound sig of the Rockets really appeals to me, as does the improved isolation. I've also got some Spiral Dots on the way to complete the package, so I'm guardedly optimistic for a happy ending.

Jan 15, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #3,382 of 3,454
Just found one last demo pair of Rockets (still minty fresh and auditioned only a few times) while doing inventory, and posted them here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/832310/aurisonics-rockets-barely-used-demo-pair

"As many Head-Fiers know, Aurisonics has been purchased by Fender and The Rockets have been discontinued. While doing some post-holiday inventory work, we discovered one barely used demo pair left in stock. Comes with all original packaging, ear tips and accessories. Mint condition. Also throwing in a new pair of JVC Spiral Dots eartips because we never liked those Rockets stock tips one bit."

Feb 2, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #3,383 of 3,454
Well just a quick update for those waiting for the warranty. It took a while, but they are still honoring the warranty. Mine is repaired and is on it's way back to me. I just contacted through fender's support and they forwarded me to someone dealing with the warranty. 

Feb 2, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #3,384 of 3,454
  Well just a quick update for those waiting for the warranty. It took a while, but they are still honoring the warranty. Mine is repaired and is on it's way back to me. I just contacted through fender's support and they forwarded me to someone dealing with the warranty. 

Hopefully it is just from transitioning and they'll be quicker once Fender sorts things out. 

Mar 26, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #3,385 of 3,454
So hey guys. I got my Rockets back this month after sending them in on December. I kid you not, but it seems nothing was done to fix my jack strain issue, nor did they add the red rubber piece on the chin slider. One side of the audio continues to cut out periodically and I have no doubt it will eventually cut out completely. I dread the day.

Mar 27, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #3,386 of 3,454
Real drag to hear that.  Gotta wonder how much time they spent actually testing those things...?

The (new) pair I bought from Japan took two months to cross the Pacific, but I'm really digging them.  Certainly the best example of a rolled-off treble/non-fatiguing sound signature I've come across in terms of soundstage/separation.

Anyway, I've been treating mine like a Fabergé egg, being especially mindful of that over-engineered connector.  Gonna put off trying to pull a car with them for the time being.  :wink:

I believe |joker| cited the HiFiMan RE-something-or-others as a good sonic match for the Rockets in his review, but if you don't like unreliability you might not want to go there.

Mar 28, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #3,387 of 3,454
  Real drag to hear that.  Gotta wonder how much time they spent actually testing those things...?

The (new) pair I bought from Japan took two months to cross the Pacific, but I'm really digging them.  Certainly the best example of a rolled-off treble/non-fatiguing sound signature I've come across in terms of soundstage/separation.

Anyway, I've been treating mine like a Fabergé egg, being especially mindful of that over-engineered connector.  Gonna put off trying to pull a car with them for the time being.  :wink:

I believe |joker| cited the HiFiMan RE-something-or-others as a good sonic match for the Rockets in his review, but if you don't like unreliability you might not want to go there.

Yea. I enjoyed the RE-400 and RE-600, but I'm done with Hifiman because of durability concerns. I just can't get over the Rockets sound. Damn plug.

Mar 28, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #3,388 of 3,454
may I humbly suggest you check out the LZ-A4? I originally part regret not pulling the trigger on the Rockets when they were on sale (too slow to read). You might find something smooth and sweet (mids) in my suggestion. 195$ - pretty worth the tag if you asked me. oh and detachable mmcx if that floats your boat.

Mar 28, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #3,389 of 3,454
  may I humbly suggest you check out the LZ-A4? I originally part regret not pulling the trigger on the Rockets when they were on sale (too slow to read). You might find something smooth and sweet (mids) in my suggestion. 195$ - pretty worth the tag if you asked me. oh and detachable mmcx if that floats your boat.

I'm planning on picking those up soonish. 

Mar 28, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #3,390 of 3,454

Yea. I enjoyed the RE-400 and RE-600, but I'm done with Hifiman because of durability concerns. I just can't get over the Rockets sound. Damn plug.

Y'know, you could probably just get that plug replaced by a local nerd with intermediate soldering skills...  though if I were in your shoes I'd be nagging Fender/Aurisonics for an all-expenses-paid do-over.  Kind of not cool what they did there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back