Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
May 23, 2016 at 10:23 AM Post #3,286 of 3,454
You too huh? Mine have been with Fender/AS for the last... Three months. I have no idea what's the hold up. Last I heard from him, he said it'd just be a few more days. Yeah... That was a month ago. Wrote him back over a week ago and still haven't received a response.
He did reply to me today, saying the guys over there are working to fix it

Jun 4, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #3,287 of 3,454
So I tried the medium Comply S500 foam tips reversed on the rockets, and while they sound good in the mids and highs and the seal is good, they lose all of their bass with those tips on (upside down).

Does anyone else had this issue?

Silicone eartips have the best sound, but they won't seal very well (either way too tight or too loose).

While those comply foam tips had excellent seal in my ears.

So does anyone know another foam tips that seal well AND have good bass presence and mids and highs?

Jun 12, 2016 at 10:03 AM Post #3,290 of 3,454
More bass and soundstage. Less bright and warmer sound signature overall.

Jun 12, 2016 at 10:33 AM Post #3,292 of 3,454
Hey Folks,
I already have a great pair of Ety ER-4P's that I love. Worth it picking up a pair of Rockets, too? What do the Rockets bring to the table that the Ety's don't?
Thanks!!

I currently own both and to me the Aurisonics are a good alternative, but not exactly an upgrade.

I still tend to prefer the brighter/faster sound of the ER-4P overall, but the Rockets are an excellent IEM as well, very detailed with a touch of warmth and great timber reproduction. They are quite impressive for the price. 

Jun 12, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #3,293 of 3,454
I currently own both and to me the Aurisonics are a good alternative, but not exactly an upgrade.

I still tend to prefer the brighter/faster sound of the ER-4P overall, but the Rockets are an excellent IEM as well, very detailed with a touch of warmth and great timber reproduction. They are quite impressive for the price. 

Also very helpful. I think I may take the plunge.

Jun 12, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #3,294 of 3,454
Hey Folks,
I already have a great pair of Ety ER-4P's that I love. Worth it picking up a pair of Rockets, too? What do the Rockets bring to the table that the Ety's don't?
Thanks!!

For me the main difference is convenience and comfort. I use the Rockets with a semi deep fit, which gives me excellent isolation and a rather neutral sound. More relaxed in the upper mids, not as extended in the treble. Quite usable without EQ, just slightly lacking in the sub bass. For me ER-4S (I don't have the P) are only usable on rare occasions because of their awkward handling (insertion and removal), looks and discomfort (when wearing them).

Jun 12, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #3,295 of 3,454

For me the main difference is convenience and comfort. I use the Rockets with a semi deep fit, which gives me excellent isolation and a rather neutral sound. More relaxed in the upper mids, not as extended in the treble. Quite usable without EQ, just slightly lacking in the sub bass. For me ER-4S (I don't have the P) are only usable on rare occasions because of their awkward handling (insertion and removal), looks and discomfort (when wearing them).

Funny how the latter differs from one person to another. I have a much harder time trying to get the right fit with the Rockets: most silicon tips (stock and third party ones) would cause vacuum seal, and the ideal position of the earpiece/eartip in the earcanal proves to be very hard to find for me. Whereas with the Etys I just have to fiddle my Shure olives a bit and insert them deep. No adjustment needed, great isolation and good comfort and it only takes a few seconds.

Jun 12, 2016 at 4:22 PM Post #3,297 of 3,454
Funny how the latter differs from one person to another. I have a much harder time trying to get the right fit with the Rockets: most silicon tips (stock and third party ones) would cause vacuum seal, and the ideal position of the earpiece/eartip in the earcanal proves to be very hard to find for me. Whereas with the Etys I just have to fiddle my Shure olives a bit and insert them deep. No adjustment needed, great isolation and good comfort and it only takes a few seconds.

Thanks for responding. Not surprised about differing experiences. Everyone's ear anatomy is different.

Jun 12, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #3,298 of 3,454
I also have that problem with silicone eartips that the seal is either way too tight, or too loose.

But medium Comply T-500 reversed work best for me with a good seal (still not great) and good sound.

JVC spiral dot tips give the best sound though, but not a good seal.

Jun 12, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #3,299 of 3,454
I also have that problem with silicone eartips that the seal is either way too tight, or too loose.

But medium Comply T-500 reversed work best for me with a good seal (still not great) and good sound.

JVC spiral dot tips give the best sound though, but not a good seal.

Good to hear about the spiral dots because I have an unused box of those in large size ready to go! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back