Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
May 8, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #3,271 of 3,454
hi everyone...newbie to the thread
...i'm in the market for some waterproof iems for they
gym, esp those that have a good seal.

aside from this model, there is also the trinity atlas
which has the extra flexibility of different filters.
similar price points....has anyone compared them
for SQ, build quality and such?

thanks

I've owned both previously, and put reviews up in the Head Gear section (check out the reviews section on my profile). Atlas is good, with a bassier and more aggressive signature than the Rockets, depending on what filters you choose. Both are good choices - Atlas comes with 3 different cables, one of which is only 0.6m so designed to work with a phone or DAP in an arm holder. Atlas has a shallower fit, but if you use the included foams or have smaller ears it should seal well enough. Ther is also an MMCX Bluetooth cable coming out for the Trinity line in the next 2 months if that matters.

Bottom line, both are very good choices - I prefer the sound from the Rockets fir all round listening but the Atlas works well in the gym and is more adaptable with the choice of filters and cables in my opinion.

If you do go down the Atlas route, if you buy direct from Trinity don't forget to use the Headfi members discount code for 20% off! :wink:

May 8, 2016 at 4:54 PM Post #3,272 of 3,454
Have you unboxed them yet?

Are you about to lose control and do you think you like it?
:L3000:  

So far I really like the sound, sweet warm and detailed but I have a hard time achieving a good seal. With most tips it would result in a channel imbalance (slightly to the left). The vacuum seal issue is also quite bothersome. But overall pretty satisfied for now. Build quality seems great.

May 8, 2016 at 5:17 PM Post #3,273 of 3,454
So far I really like the sound, sweet warm and detailed but I have a hard time achieving a good seal. With most tips it would result in a channel imbalance (slightly to the left). The vacuum seal issue is also quite bothersome. But overall pretty satisfied for now. Build quality seems great.

Yeah, finding the right tips and insertion depth is tricky. I also experienced channel imbalance with some tips, when not inserted exactly to the right depth. The sound was all over the place, too.

May 8, 2016 at 7:39 PM Post #3,274 of 3,454

Reversed Ts500 comply is amazing on the Rockets. Provides a nice shallow fit that brings out the treble.

May 9, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #3,278 of 3,454
Are you saying that you hear a difference between your current pair and previous pair? 

When I owned them before, I felt they were a little too warm in the upper bass and lower midrange, with the upper midrange a little too laid back for my preferences. Very small nuances but I don't feel that way now. Hard to say if it's actual product deviation, a change in perception, or more than likely, a little bit of both.

May 10, 2016 at 2:59 AM Post #3,279 of 3,454

Yeah, finding the right tips and insertion depth is tricky. I also experienced channel imbalance with some tips, when not inserted exactly to the right depth. The sound was all over the place, too.

Ha so I'm not the only one. So far I've tried the Rockets with:
 - stock tips
 - Sennheiser IE80 tips (regular, bi-flange, foam)
 - Ultimate Ears SuperFi tips (regular silicon)
 - Non reversed Comply foams (round TS500 I think?)
 - Bowers & Wilkins C5 silicon tips
To no avail. I might try to mod Westone' star tips or Shure olives since they're so comfortable.

Reversed Ts500 comply is amazing on the Rockets. Provides a nice shallow fit that brings out the treble.

Thanks, I'll definitely try that 'mod' out and see how it goes! 

Funny thing is that I accidentally found the right fit yesterday on a train commute, the UE silicon tips held up very well in place and sounded awesome. Never found that gold placement again, ugh. They sounded absolutely sweet with Dr John's blues.

May 18, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #3,282 of 3,454
  hi guys,

some of you know that aurisonics now become fender. i am wondering, is it still possible to buy aurisonics rockets' accessories?

if available, where can i buy them?

Well for ear to ear tips, I guess they're still available for purchase as they're used for all Aurisonics/Fender IEMs. but when it comes to the anti loops/tri tabs I'm not sure, as they're unique to the Rockets.

-- 

Has anyone tried Spinfits on Rockets? How does it fit/affect the sound?

May 19, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #3,283 of 3,454

Well for ear to ear tips, I guess they're still available for purchase as they're used for all Aurisonics/Fender IEMs. but when it comes to the anti loops/tri tabs I'm not sure, as they're unique to the Rockets.

-- 

Has anyone tried Spinfits on Rockets? How does it fit/affect the sound?

i've been using spinfit on my rockets for a year.

sounds nice, a bit different than the stock tips. but will not affect much.

I still prefer the stock rockets because its more comfy instead of spinfit, but it's really easy to get detached.

in fact, i've lost one 2-3 months after my purchase

May 23, 2016 at 3:36 AM Post #3,284 of 3,454
So I've emailed Andy 2 times in the past few weeks to ask if my pair of broken Aurisonics Rockets that Ive send for repair arrives to him, but he's not replying...

Does anyone know why? Ive emailed him in both arowley@fender.com and andy@aurisonics.com

May 23, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #3,285 of 3,454
So I've emailed Andy 2 times in the past few weeks to ask if my pair of broken Aurisonics Rockets that Ive send for repair arrives to him, but he's not replying...

Does anyone know why? Ive emailed him in both arowley@fender.com and andy@aurisonics.com

You too huh? Mine have been with Fender/AS for the last... Three months. I have no idea what's the hold up. Last I heard from him, he said it'd just be a few more days. Yeah... That was a month ago. Wrote him back over a week ago and still haven't received a response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back