Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Apr 1, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #3,241 of 3,454
email doesnt work unfortanetly...

It's andy@aurisonics.com or arowley@fender.com   EDIT-- Ha! jrkong just beat me to it by 5 seconds. (Still a few Rockets in stock here. Hopefully it won't be too long before Fender decides to reintroduce them.)

Apr 1, 2016 at 2:15 PM Post #3,242 of 3,454

It's andy@aurisonics.com or arowley@fender.com   EDIT-- Ha! jrkong just beat me to it by 5 seconds. (Still a few Rockets in stock here. Hopefully it won't be too long before Fender decides to reintroduce them.)

How do you still have Mad Dog Pros in stock 
eek.gif

Apr 1, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #3,244 of 3,454
  How do you still have Mad Dog Pros in stock 
eek.gif

As per my dealer agreement with MrSpeakers, I purchase all units that I want to stock (no drop-shipping from their office). Still one Mad Dog Pro left (lonely little doggie)!

Apr 1, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #3,245 of 3,454

As per my dealer agreement with MrSpeakers, I purchase all units that I want to stock (no drop-shipping from their office). Still one Mad Dog Pro left (lonely little doggie)!

Ah that makes sense. I'm sure someone will give them a home soon. I might be tempted to snatch them or the last ASG1+ you have left if you shipped to Canada :frowning2:

Apr 2, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #3,246 of 3,454
Picked up another set of Rockets, since I had let mine go a long time ago. I have to say I much prefer the standard white cable over the special edition black one I had. This time around I'm hearing them a hair more neutral than I did before (according to notes), so closer to how Gnarl hears them. Vocals are not quite as intimate and a little less upper bass warmth. Otherwise very similar to how I remember. Such a great iem. It will be criminal if they aren't brought back to market in the future.

Apr 2, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #3,247 of 3,454
Wife has my pair and I am thinking about picking up a new pair for myself or give it to a friend who has only owned a pair of RE-400. He probably would love them and likely never himself to spend $200 for a pair of IEM.

Apr 2, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #3,248 of 3,454
Picked up another set of Rockets, since I had let mine go a long time ago. I have to say I much prefer the standard white cable over the special edition black one I had. This time around I'm hearing them a hair more neutral than I did before (according to notes), so closer to how Gnarl hears them. Vocals are not quite as intimate and a little less upper bass warmth. Otherwise very similar to how I remember. Such a great iem. It will be criminal if they aren't brought back to market in the future.

Just want to x2 this, white cable and all. Another one of my favorite parts is how tight the mid to upper bass is.

Rekindled my relationship with them recently and they've been my go-to for the past month. So much win. Not re-releasing them would be a loss for portable audio.

Apr 2, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #3,249 of 3,454

Just want to x2 this, white cable and all. Another one of my favorite parts is how tight the mid to upper bass is.

Rekindled my relationship with them recently and they've been my go-to for the past month. So much win. Not re-releasing them would be a loss for portable audio.

Welcome back gentlemen. Glad they're sounding more neutral for you now @shotgunshane. I should probably also get a white cabled pair, as I'm still using a black and silver pair. What do you like more about it?

@vwinter the mids are still truly TOTL to my ears, and that mid to upper-bass transition is one of the main reasons imo, along with there being a lack of treble spike (or any spike anywhere).

Apr 2, 2016 at 10:03 PM Post #3,251 of 3,454

Hm. Perhaps the length itself causes a change in impedance. I myself am looking forward in nabbing a black one. I happen to like warmer vocals.

Apr 2, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #3,252 of 3,454
The white cable is more pliable and less twisty than I remember the black cable being. Plus it just looks really good in person.

I feel like I got lucky with my black cables, granted they have decent memory, they are very pliable. Though I don't think they are AS pliable as the white, I've never had an issue, I suspect it is because of the sheathing. 

Apr 2, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #3,253 of 3,454
  I feel like I got lucky with my black cables, granted they have decent memory, they are very pliable. Though I don't think they are AS pliable as the white, I've never had an issue, I suspect it is because of the sheathing. 

The black cables and the white cables do have a different feel to them and the black ones are more pliable from what I remember.

Apr 5, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #3,255 of 3,454
I understand according to reviews that these have a slight treble roll off compared to the ER-4S, how about a comparison with the slightly darker sounding ER-4P? It scares me out whenever I hear treble roll-off, I've been sending back many IEMs for that reason (including Shure products, as noted by luisdent).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back