Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Mar 24, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #3,211 of 3,454
So I recieved the Rockets, and I really like their sound, except the lower mids are a bit too forward. Do other people hear that as well? It's to the point that the voice sounds a bit too boosted/unnatural

Other than that they're flawless.

The treble isn't lacking for me like I feared, it's just right. And the bass is nicely neutral how I like it. In other words, they're flawless, except for the overly strong lower midrange

Mar 24, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #3,212 of 3,454
Most would express deep love for the mids of the rockets. As you said vocals are nice and up front, very clear too.

Let them burn in a bit perhaps. You could even try tip rolling too, see if any tips may de emphasize that area a bit for you.

Mar 24, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #3,213 of 3,454
So I recieved the Rockets, and I really like their sound, except the lower mids are a bit too forward. Do other people hear that as well? It's to the point that the voice sounds a bit too boosted/unnatural

Other than that they're flawless.

The treble isn't lacking for me like I feared, it's just right. And the bass is nicely neutral how I like it. In other words, they're flawless, except for the overly strong lower midrange

Sounds like a resonance issue in the lower mids. Try different tips and insert deeper.

Mar 24, 2016 at 5:20 PM Post #3,215 of 3,454
So I tried out all the tips that I have, and I've found the medium sony hybrid tips to give the best balance in the mids, but it's still a bit too much lower midrange and the treble gets too subdued to be enjoyable.

What tips do you guys recommend?

Mar 24, 2016 at 5:27 PM Post #3,216 of 3,454
Spinfits worked well for me, if you can get a good seal/placement in your ear.

Mar 24, 2016 at 7:24 PM Post #3,218 of 3,454
So I tried out all the tips that I have, and I've found the medium sony hybrid tips to give the best balance in the mids, but it's still a bit too much lower midrange and the treble gets too subdued to be enjoyable.

What tips do you guys recommend?

Reverse Comply Ts-500 cools off the mids nicely for me. The shallower the better.

Mar 24, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #3,219 of 3,454
Hi all, the Rockets have been my primary way to listen on the go. Lately I've been interested in active noise canceling phones like Bose QC20 for use while traveling on planes. Is there anyone who can comment on how well the noise canceling works on the QC20 versus the noise isolation on the Rockets?

Mar 25, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #3,222 of 3,454
what precize model number and size of the spin fits tips were you using?

I used the SPFT RD-01L - got them through ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back