Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Jan 28, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #3,166 of 3,454
Yeah, I did. Andy said cost of the repair 'shouldn't be more than $49 plus shipping', so including the cost of shipping them to the U.S., it's an expensive fix and potentially more so based on the 'should'.

Aren't you still within the 5 year warranty though?

Feb 22, 2016 at 7:06 PM Post #3,168 of 3,454
Figured I'd ask at this point - I'm looking eventually to buy an N shaped iem somewhere along later this year.

I got to hear the Dunu titans 3 and 5 and each have a nice mid thing going on. I'm hoping someone could compare those with the rockets? Thanks in advance!

Feb 23, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #3,169 of 3,454
This song is amazing even if you're listening to it through a tin can. That said, I lost my s listening to it on the Rockets tonight. The vocals...the atmosphere...the soul. Do yourself a favor and listen to it, Rockets or not.

Feb 23, 2016 at 6:34 PM Post #3,170 of 3,454
Figured I'd ask at this point - I'm looking eventually to buy an N shaped iem somewhere along later this year.

I got to hear the Dunu titans 3 and 5 and each have a nice mid thing going on. I'm hoping someone could compare those with the rockets? Thanks in advance!

"n" shaped? Rockets or ER4 are your best friend. :)

Feb 29, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #3,173 of 3,454
"n" shaped? Rockets or ER4 are your best friend. :)

Thanks for the response. I'm looking for something with very sweet mids, really make the females and strings sing out. I tried a Dunu titan 5, but that was too V Shaped and decays lacked.

Mar 1, 2016 at 8:55 AM Post #3,176 of 3,454
For sweet, I'd take the Rockets over the ER4. Both are n-shaped, but the Etys sound more clinical imo.

+2

Edit: actually listening to them sweet sweet mids right now. They sweet.

One of the Rockets strengths is actually their ability to pull the left and right images way up or way back to really give the center image it's stage, but without losing the overall stage cohesion.

Mar 1, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #3,177 of 3,454
+2

One of the Rockets strengths is actually their ability to pull the left and right images way up or way back to really give the center image it's stage, but without losing the overall stage cohesion.

No joke. I know some iems may do better bass extension, or treble sparkle, but the package the rockets present is way too compelling for me to give up for the genres I listen to. Plus they cost peanuts compared to the performance. Endgame, man.

Mar 1, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #3,178 of 3,454
+2

Thanks for the feedback guys. Around which frequency is there a roll off?(assuming I'm a no lodge these as deep I can)

Mar 1, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #3,179 of 3,454
No joke. I know some iems may do better bass extension, or treble sparkle, but the package the rockets present is way too compelling for me to give up for the genres I listen to. Plus they cost peanuts compared to the performance. Endgame, man.

I understand what you mean. I have good end to end coverage with the dn2k. I could use something that'd bring out the sweet higher female register along with violin upper harmonics.

Mar 2, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #3,180 of 3,454
I understand what you mean. I have good end to end coverage with the dn2k. I could use something that'd bring out the sweet higher female register along with violin upper harmonics.

Took delivery this week of the Rockets and the Eva from Aurisonics and if you aren't worried about extreme bass or treble extension but love the classic Aurisonics mids, the Eva night be worth a listen if you are looking for something in a more standard over ear fit. Been doing a little A/B and while the Rockets are better, the mids on the Eva are up there in quality and tone with the classic Aurisonics sound. No idea why they didn't get any more publicity when the Bravo series launched.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back