Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
May 6, 2014 at 3:14 AM Post #796 of 3,454
Plain black or silver, like CIEM cables would've been a lot more acceptable
The blue red and white makes wearers look foolish

The point of having such a small housing is for low profile, which the colourful cable completely contradicts
I'm disappointed

May 6, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #803 of 3,454
Actually I kind of prefer the new cable look compared to it being all bright garish blue and red

May 6, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #804 of 3,454
I wouldnt really care if this is an iem to keep at home like sony ex1000 but since this is meant to be taken outside with its low profile and durability, portability and all that, i think looks are very important.

May 6, 2014 at 8:01 AM Post #805 of 3,454
Surprisingly I think the render looks fine. I think you guys are sweating too hard. I have a white Audeo PFE iem with white cable and of course earpods are white. You won't have to worry that you'll be standing out in the crowd; you'll blend in. I doubt the red and blue cross hatch is bold and easy to see from a distance based on other cross hatch patterns I've seen weaved in products. Renders are always more blingy than the real thing. Worst case, run the cable under your shirt. I do that all the time.

May 6, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #806 of 3,454
  on the update he said that they're putting a clear polyurethane cover over the cable. couldn't they just semi-rectify this by putting a dark tinted cover?

People were suggesting that sort of look since the last update, so presumably that was what he meant when he said a new design would take additional months... Seems simple enough, but I'm no kevlar-wound cable manufacturer, and you sort of get the impression from Dale's updates that dealing with the cable supplier hasn't been the smoothest.

That said, I too hope these are more understated than they appear. They're certainly better than the last renders we got, but still look... tacky... And while they may look okay with the grey and silver, and possibly the blue, I think they're going to clash pretty poorly with the rainbow and gold. We'll just have to see, I guess.

May 6, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #808 of 3,454
The last white cabled iem I owned were the standard earphones that came with my ipod photo some decade (plus a few years) ago.  Instead of having the color stripes with the white background, making it look more like candy canes, a more elegant solution would be to have a raised bump on one of housing ends to indicate a left or right channel, and if it must be - leave the cables solid white.

Despite being a backer, I think it's clear that the target audience aren't just members in the forum. It's aimed at the masses who shops are Best Buy, Target, Walmart, airport kiosks, and the likes. Smart move, Dale.

May 6, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #809 of 3,454
I think its going to look a lot more subtle in person.  Renders make everything pop.  Is it preferred? Not really but I give them some credit for doing something different.  A standard IEM black cable would have been a ton easier and Dale could have shipped these out a long time ago but they are working hard to make, what they feel, is a good product. Let them do what they do. Looks are important to me but SQ and Fit are more important. 

Dont like changes? Dont do any crowdfunding and dont get any first batch items... this happens to be both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back