Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Feb 16, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #752 of 3,454
Really interested in these, just wanna ask Dale and the others about the performance of the rockets when it comes to drums. How do these sound with drums and percussion, especially with those songs that have complex drumming?? Hoping you guys can share your findings when you receive your phones..

Feb 16, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #753 of 3,454

Hey! Are you in the market for the Sony MDR-7520 as well? I am thinking about getting a pair of over ears to compliment the rockets. I wonder if the two will go great together. I know what to expect from the 7520s, but I don't know what the rockets sound sig will offer except for the subtle clues offered by shotgunshane earlier in the thread.

Feb 16, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #754 of 3,454
  Hey! Are you in the market for the Sony MDR-7520 as well? I am thinking about getting a pair of over ears to compliment the rockets. I wonder if the two will go great together. I know what to expect from the 7520s, but I don't know what the rockets sound sig will offer except for the subtle clues offered by shotgunshane earlier in the thread.

The MDR-7520 is the pair of headphones I'm most curious about, yes. I'm also curious about the Focal Spirit Pro (which sound great but are lacking in the comfort department, according to both Tyll Hertsens and John Grandberg), the Alpha Dog, and the HD 26 Pro. Also, to a lesser extent, the HPH-MT220, the KNS 8400, and the GMP 8.35 D Monitor.

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #756 of 3,454
  First of all I'd just like to say "WOOT, first post!" Now that I've got that off my chest, I came across these headphones that look remarkably similar to the rockets called the Ortofon e-Q5. http://www.ortofon.com/products/earphones Also, I'm super excited for the ROCKETS to come out! That is all.

The Rockets seemingly are much smaller than the e-Q5s... which is good, as the e-Q5s really did not want to get in my ears. The sort of modular fit system on the Rockets is a big differentiating feature as well, I would say... I see where you're coming from, but I'm expecting more out of the Rockets than the e-Q5s...

Feb 25, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #762 of 3,454
After seeing the pic of the real final products I am liking all of the options, look much better to me than they did in the mock-ups. I ordered the blue and am VERY happy with how that turned out, look forward to receiving them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back